What is your "dream change" for DbD?

Options
13»

Comments

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287
    Options

You know it sucks to assume things cause then you end up looking like a fool. I dont buy skins and I focus on balance. Nurse was hard to counter, and people agreed. Her nerf was necessary. She was too powerful. The game is meant to be balanced, not giving killers the "power role". You cannot buff and buff killers without buffing survivors. Just like you cant buff killers and nerf survivors at the same time.

No power roles are meant to be given. The game has equal pros and equal cons. Balance wise this game isnt there yet, but it's closer than before. Nurse nerf was necessary

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

But like I said with my part about Moris the reason we use them so often is that Survivor counterplay is like a near miss or a head on crash with the vehicle you are in somehow in the ocean if you are in the middle of a desert. Meaning playing the Middle percentile and the lower percentile killers is extremely stale because Survivors in my opinion feel as if they are superior than the killers in the Entity's realm. Which it should be the other way around. So once they buff that Lower & Middle Percentile of Killers, then I could see having Ebony get a nerf to adjust to the power balance.

So I understand the frustrations of Keys, Loops, and Moris and Weak Killers. I have played them all and have been screwed by it all.

So that's what my point about the Moris. I hope this clarifies my Point on Moris.

Also to Tag: @Peanits pass this information to the devs if you can. Cause it is unjust if the Mori system gets nerfed and no killer buffs to compensate. <3

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

nerf clown /s

seriously, I would love to change the chapel map to an actual circus map.

• Smiler
    Smiler Member Posts: 165
    Options

A less toxic community..

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 866
    Options

Any change that makes the grind less horrible is a change that would make my day.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    Options

Making firecrackers a general item I've always hated how they are event exclusive

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Making it so second chance perks don't work with each other.

Adding characters from the modern age, like Springtrap or Slender. Ones more relevant to my generation. Myers and Freddy are great licenses, but don't have the same impact as those two did on my childhood.

Fixing console issues, because they gave an empty promise years ago for this.

Making looping not the end all, be all strategy. Maybe buffing stealth in a way that is fun for the killer.

Less monetization. Either make it free to play, or limit the amount of things that require auric cells. Speaking of this, every non-lisenced character should have iri shard prices on everything. Why does trapper have cosmetics that are not earnable through gameplay?! Most of billy's cosmetics should not be behind paywalls! If players had this, there would be more incentive to play and earn shards.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

Remove hatch

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,389
    edited October 2020
    Options

I mean killers don't have second chance perks, so nothing would be changed. Maybe NoED but that perk doesn't really need changes. I'm not putting every single change I want just a few. Sure we could nerf Spirit, but survivors being as strong as they are is a bigger issue to me currently as that effects every game.

Also yeah you do nerf one side and buff the other because they're not balanced, we're not gonna nerf DS because its dumb but also nerf Clown just cause. There's imbalances on both sides both too strong and too weak. Survivors are just generally stronger and also any change would be across the board since they all work the same, rather than take the time to buff over half the killer roster in their own ways since they all have different powers.

If we just nerf all of both sides than what was the point, nothing changed. We need buffs and nerfs on both sides. I just didn't want to write an essay on my dream vision of the game and every single thing that needs to be changed.

These are just my top few.

• PubStar87
    PubStar87 Member Posts: 179
    Options

Create two separate modes. Ranked and Unranked.

Unranked operates as public matches do now.

Ranked does not allow SWF or party chat.

Make ranks actually matter by rewarding special cosmetics/charms/something once every quarter or 6 months.

• Thatgurl_again
    Options

I get what you're saying but no. You can't nerf something and buff whatever, if they did they would have to buff something EXTREMELY weak. But its the same thing the other way around. We need balance, not "power" roles.

• MrPenguin
    edited October 2020
    Options

I don't know what you're trying to get at, I'm not trying to make nor want a power role. You're making this out to be more than it is. We can nerf DS for example no problem as its a balance issue. We can buff Daja Vu no problem as its weak. Same can be said for the other side. we can nerf Spirit and buff Clown and leave survivors as is because as is they are already problems.

There's no need to touch the other side inherently just for the sake of it. You address balance issues on both and go from there. If you over buff or over nerf you adjust. Things change, you change with them.

The only thig I'd say you need to address on both sides at the same time is keys and mori's.

• Thatgurl_again
    Options

Ds has counters, the thing with killers is that they dont like those counters. If they leave ds as it is and buff something killer related then those could potentially cancel each other.

• MrPenguin
    edited October 2020
    Options

Yeah those "counters" aren't good enough. I don't care if people like it or not, but considering there's no way to actually counter it without taking a loss somehow, and all those losses are pretty big, they're not good enough. DS has no actual counter that nullifies it beside PH cages.

You can buff killers across the board for DS, but that seems a horrible change since you're just going to make the experience very unbalance if people don't bring DS if not in general, introducing massive power creep. Just change the problem, don't try to change around it.

If its so strong we need to buff all the killers to level the field, its probably too strong and needs to be reduced.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • Thatgurl_again
    Options

Well people wouldnt need to bring ds if killers dont tunnel. Some survivors do complain about everything and dont even know what tunneling is but I do. Ds is fine as long as it's not abused. Do you get what I mean?

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited October 2020
    Options

^^^^ This.

DS is a problem, it creates numerous problems by itself or in conjunction with other perks like Unbreakable, Adrenaline, etc. these are clearly obvious to even some of our newest players, and you're only lying to yourself and others if you think otherwise.

I thought it was hilarious when PH came out, and some people had the AUDACITY to say that PH Cages were the problem, not the perk that has been controversial in every state it's ever existed in for four years since it released in 2016, no it couldn't be that at all... /s

• MrPenguin
    edited October 2020
    Options

A) Tunneling is the way the game should be played in its current state. Unfortunately getting 1 person out asap is what you should do. Tunneling shouldn't be seen as "bad" on the player, but on the game design. I'd wish they'd change it so that was no longer the case. You can choose not to tunnel if you want, but you will be handicapping yourself.

B) DS has been show to hit people who don't tunnel time and time again. At the very least this should be changed.

C) It might not be as big a problem if it wasn't abused, but it is.

I understand what was said here, but I don't believe this outlook is a correct one.

Also what @Seiko300 said just above is very valid.

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620
    Options

only one thing when in public game every player will play solo or when devs will prohibit voice programms ah and little thing little rework abuse perks for example hard dead (not bad perk) but it must work when survivior run from killer but not turn to killer and this perk work and survivor so immortal

• ClownBeThiccc
    ClownBeThiccc Member Posts: 5
    Options

Clown becoming S-Tier

Freddy requiring a bit more skill than he does, he is quite an easy killer to play with a high reward

More extra bloodline events

• Thatgurl_again
    Options

Look I understand, BUT the thing that get me is that killers play as if everyone has ds or completely ignore it and complain when they get the stun.

Strong Killer perks pared with other Strong killer perks are the same.

It's a two way street

• MrPenguin
    edited October 2020
    Options

Yeah anything overbearing on either side should be addressed, like when they changed forever Freddy. Its just second chance stacking has been a problem for way too long and is much stronger than what killers can put together most of the time and its in every game.

I just don't know what you expect them to do. Either you play around the perk and still take a loss and even potentially still get stunned, or you don't and get stunned for playing the way the game encourages you to and take a loss. Its a lose-lose. I don't blame them for complaining the same way I don't blame people for complaining about Spirt or Freddy. Its poorly designed and should be criticized.

it is a two way street, but that goes for complaints/criticism as well. You don't like tunneling? Well stop doing gens so fast and unhooking in front of me. Why can you do you objective just fine but I can't do mine? You don't like camping? Stop running in for saves before I even get anywhere. You want free hatch? Give some killers a free sacrifice in a bad game. You don't want me to run this and that well don't run second chances and exhaustion.

I don't expect survivors not to tunnel gens, I don't expect killers not to tunnel kills likewise. Especially because survivors should tunnel gens, killers should tunnel kills. Both are optimal for their respective sides. If we don't want one we need to stop the other as well. Two way street indeed. Tunnel gens tunnel friends.

What gets me is the double standards and survivors never looking at themselves as part of the problem as well or considering the other side. But since that's not going to change, so lets just fix the balance issues instead of worrying about how the other side wants you to play because they feel bad about it.

I blame the game, not the players.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • StereoHEAD43
    StereoHEAD43 Member Posts: 53
    Options

Gen nerf speeds when in a 4 man SWF. The more people in the group, the more severe the gen speed nerf. Goes away after 4 hooks to give them a chance

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

Perk tiers. I feel sorry for new players and the grind they'll have to go through. Especially killers.

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156
    Options

1. Remove OoO. Period. Give Laurie something else.

2. Crafting/Item and Addon selling

3. For the love of god, buff the original 3 Killers, they deserve better!

4. Passives, both sides. Nothing too extreme. Give survivors a reason to play different ones.

5. Alternate game mode. Just 1. Make it juat a random chance to get that or classic mode. No que splitting.

6. Meta Shake up. Kill all the band aide fixes or strive to anyways. Gen speed, Gen slow down, etc.

Can you imagine a DBD where Killers dont need slow down, Survivors can do all the things and more, get the points, be chased and maybe die maybe not and everyone still feel rewarded? I have a dream...

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

Now that I come to think of it, a dream change for me would be to increase every killer FOV.

I think they changed it years ago as a band-aid fix to fix killers hitting a closet and seeing in it? Cant quite remember.

But killer FOV is terrible and I sometimes find myself using shadowborn to try and resolve the problem. The FOV takes a lot of getting used to, so often deters me from playing killer.

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486
    Options
  • Thatgurl_again
    Options

I agree. The state of the game right now is meta against meta. We cant stop it but ppl like to complain about it

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 535
    Options

A way to unlock a fifth perk slot

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    edited October 2020
    Options

Nerf DH, Iron Will, OOO, DS, NOED, Nurse, Spirit. Just regular balancing things devs are not doing quick enough

But most unlikely change is to add casual mode and allow SWF in casual mode only. so survivors can get ranks by only playing solo

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Removing killer stain

making short clicks of flashlight burn a second per click

kicking gen loses two to five percent progression

playing solo adds BPs post game

Adding a Krystal Pond map that is active on the 13th when it’s on a Friday

• Dacaro
    Dacaro Member Posts: 1
    Options
    1. Give a way in general options to disable Chat.
    2. Allow to salvage offers again small amount of blood points. Pretty sure we all have tons of grey offer that we 'll never use. If not, just allow to delete them in backpack.
    3. Fix some hitboxes.
  • Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

Unique survivors. I'll never understand why they decided to make one side have unique characters with their own abilities and mechanics and the other side be just skins with no (functional) difference between them at all

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Options
  • LintyScorpion
    LintyScorpion Member Posts: 165
    Options

For them to do a chapter soley for bug fixing and game balancing, rather than adding new killers/survivors and cosmetics.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274
    Options

An unranked mode where everything is judged by BP gained over the course of the game, and there isn't some big red letters and a bar telling me that dispite getting two kills and 7 hook actions, breaking the same 3 gens for 5 minutes, and how much cutting I've done that I'm a ######### player.

Or a mode where we can just play against decently scripted bots who don't teabag intentionally or spam click a flashlight.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited November 2020
    Options
    1. Console optimization.
    2. Offline features such as a training mode and a bots mode.
    3. Trophies/achievements and challenges can be done offline and in custom games. This is mainly for those trophies like Skilled Huntress, Where did they go!?, and From the void she kills. Same with challenges like Six Feet Under.
    4. Changing the Killer victory message to where Merciless means a 4K.
  • Jeffalations
    Jeffalations Member Posts: 57
    Options

Imagine some sort of new mode where the survivors had to find 5 things to reveal the killer and then kill him. Could be like a yeti hunt or something