Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why Do Survivors Suffer in Rank if the Killer is Trash?

The ability to rank as survivor seems very dependent on having interaction with the killer. I am having games with 2-3 hook saves and 2-3 gens being completed, and still not pipping. Granted I am usually a stealth player, but this seems a bit skewed. Both the Benevolent and Evader medals depend on either team mates getting hurt/hooked, or being in chases.

Why have a medal called "Evader" if you don't even get proper credit for evading?

This would be totally fine if the reverse wasn't true, which is that when a killer goes against a totally trash survivor team they are almost guaranteed to pip, if not +2.

How does everyone else feel about it?

Comments

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

I don't think so. When I go against a totally trash survivor team it's usually brutal killer because they get chain downed and die on 1st or 2nd hooks. I could farm points but why bother, I just end it and move to the next game.

Pipping as a survivor is trivial in most cases, unless your team is getting absolutely butchered. Do a gen, make 1-2 saves with borrow time, run the killer for like 30-40 seconds and that's all it takes to be a red rank survivor these days.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

When the Gens are done in the first 3 minutes, it sure is a bummer, you can't get more points as survivor as the game is already and the killer maybe had a total of 2 to 3 hooks in that time.

Survivor woes are hilarious.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I feel that trash teammates are much much worse then having trash killer with good/decent teammates. I can farm off emblem points from trash killer to minimum black pip but I can't do pretty much anything with teammates who first hook suicide.

I'd take trash killer any day of the week insted of trash teammates (in terms of emblem points farming ofc).

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,933

The thinking around it probably is probably to not reward unnecessary pips - nobody wants to rank up against a player who was not in the same skill bracket. It does work both ways, just in the examples that you provide, there's 4 players against the 1 killer, plus as was previously mentioned the higher you climb in ranks the pipping conditions become harder.