Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors are Suicidal, and BHVR shouldn't cater to it.

Listen....I play a pretty balanced pig. I never troll, I never camp hooks, (waste of time btw) and I never tunnel (also waste of time btw) unless you're suicidal. And this.....this just gets my goat every time.

I have these situations where I'm mind gaming a loop or in the middle of a chase with someone else and someone is in my direct path. Now again I play pig, I'm not stupid, I know full well how to chase 2 people at one time with an M1 killer. What I don't understand is.....after you've already been saved off the hook....how are you still in front of my face and not 10 miles across the map doing some objective or something? Your timer hasn't started, There's no jigsaw boxes here, and I can't say no to free blood.

My second issue is show offs. Yes I see that you deliberately brought 3 flashlights and neon skins, have a pre made group, and the 1 of you that isn't in that group is a complete solo and has no idea whats going on. I can see it.....you're not slick, you're not fooling anyone, I know what you're trying to do from the character screen. So, I often end up in these matches where these 3 or duo group tries to show off the entire game (usually doesn't work btw I'm not stupid <----There is a human behind the screen) So instead of playing normally and with a sense of self preservation they attempt flash light saves on repeat, camp hooks to save their buddies.....all the while gens aren't getting done because they're too busy trying to be fancy to do anything else. I kill the high ranks without issue, and let the guy who was solo leave through the hatch because....well he earned it for at least trying to save himself.

I just don't understand the psychology behind it, because it never works, because you're busy goofing around with me objectives aren't getting done and everyone dies....so why bother? In fact why bother coming out with perks that incentivize this type of behavior which always leads survivors to their death? Giving them false hope like flashlights and unbreakable instead of more tools that actually work like Iron will and stealth perks. Or perks that remove scratch marks and blood. Cause I'm telling you right now, after a hook save I'm looking at the ground for prints, and 9 times out of 10 the guy who saved is hiding and nowhere to be found while the guy he saved is running for his life and I can't see who is who until I get close enough to recognize oh....this is the guy who was just hooked.....and now his "saviour" just got him downed again. (I try to aim for the person saving when I can)

Why are survivors encouraged to throw their bodies into an open field of death with no rope attached. Like Neon skins......when is this ever a good idea?

The amount of survivors I've seen try to pull off locker stuns, and protective hits, and borrowed time saves, and quick med kits <---its all risk for like....15 seconds of extra reward considering thats how long it takes some of these killers to end the chase again. All the while......no one is doing any objectives in that 15 seconds. Stealth play isn't promoted, instead its, "Run DS, Leave tons of scratch marks sprinting, Take Borrowed time, Dive in front of your friends, play peekaboo in lockers". Meanwhile in reality...."Man where are these survivors...oh....I didn't even have to search for them they're running in my face, welp, stab stab stab." *KILLERS ARE OP REEEEEE*

I'm not even guilty of killing survivors, theres too many mechanics in this game that make them do it to themselves....and it doesn't make any sense why we get treated like the bad guys on these forums when the meta for survivors forces them to try to commit jisatsu.

Comments

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

Probably because it's actually fun, and there's no real penalty for losing unless you brought in a good item. Jumping into a game as survivor with no item or offering is free except for your rank which is meaningless and it's so easy to pip it's almost irrelevant for people used to playing video games.

Nor should you really care in solo Q as survivor because the games are mostly going to be out of your control anyways. You can run the full meta in solo Q, but why bother? There's usually nobody worth saving with BT, DS I rarely get to use unless i'm getting tunneled out of the basement or go try and force it. I just run perks for myself or meme perks like head-on and try to annoy the killer. Holding M1 on gens is dreadful.

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674

About your second "issue"

Well, that kind of killer interaction is usually way more fun aka just messing around and do some plays you would not attempt as much in a normal game. I've done it myself with friends countless times when we deranked for faster queues back then and we all had a more enjoyable time that way since we didn't take the game serious and didn't care about the outcome of the match. Sure is more fun than holding M1 the whole entire time.

I have faced some SWF teams playing this way as well and i don't really mind that at all.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,757

Okay but why would your title call me out like this my name on steam is literally "Sewer Slidal Hoe"

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436

So what you're saying is, you want survivors to gen rush you????

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited November 2020

I had a match as nurse against at least 2 people in a swf. No idea if the other 2 were in another swf or random.

Start of the match i down someone. 2 people had flashlights so I pretend to pick them up and bait out the flashlight guy. I hit him and he takes off. The person I downed crawled to a pallet. I repeat the process and lure out another survivor. They take a hit and waste the pallet. As I'm breaking the pallet someone touched the downed survivor to revive them. Since she was literally on top of me I downed them again instantly. I blink and injure the 4th survivor. Then I go back to the first person I downed.

At this point corrupt intervention wears off. No gens have popped, 3 survivors are injured and one is downed. I pretend to pick up that person for the 3rd time. Low and behold the first person who attempted a flashlight saves comes out again. They didn't heal since the first hit so I downed him. Both of the swf downed survivors rage quit. 4k with zero gens done.

Then in the end game chat they yell at me for slugging. Now how in anyway did I play unfairly? Is it slugging if I postpone picking up someone because I suspect someone else is close by? Waiting for a chance to flashlight blind me or pallet stun me. I expected cheap saves so I adapted by not falling for them. Is it my fault they failed to adapt and got out played? Have you not heard of over altruism? They didn't have to save that person. It's their first hook. They could have just let it happen, wait for me to leave and make the save. Instead they threw themselves at me. Greedy for the moment to bully the killer. Meanwhile no one is working on gens. These are the kind of people who live to bully others and when they face a killer who turns it around, they go to the forums and cry "Nurse OP, plz nerf!"

At times I would love it if the devs put their foot down and say "you already have everything you need to win. Git gud"

• Yoinkus_Doinkup
    Yoinkus_Doinkup Member Posts: 24

I'd guess because people find it fun to play with their friends

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I would rather play vs fun players like this and have an enjoyable game than survivors stealthing across the map or doing gens in three seconds. For this reason Ash players always receive hatch.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544

Most of the balance issues with this game would be solved by the devs playing the game or consulting players who do, rather than rely on spreadsheets

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Basically: Survivors are ######### bored, and going in as a 3 or 4 man flashlight squad with everyone using green haired Nea running at the killer is fun. Gen rushing and playing optimally is not (I think this is something killers complain about, no? And now I see complaints that survivors mess around in front of the killer and don't want to afk on the objective. Are you for real?)

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,189

Both of them are problems. I don't blame survivors, however, i blame devs.

Gen rush is annoying because as killer, you can lose the game despite winning every chase. This is just balance issues.

SWF group that just want to bully the hell out of the killer is also very annoying. Also there are perks that encourage these plays without being punished like DS and BT. Again i'm blaming devs for this.