The Spirit sounds

Options
RagingCalm
RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

(I am talking about the passive sounds she makes in place of, for example, the trapper breathing in the selection screen).
The background ambient sounds are OK, but when she does the HYAA and HA and sounds like she is choking, it does NOT sound like that should be coming from this tortured, deprived spirit that isn't even fully in the real world. It should be kind of like the Nurse, or no sounds at all, and maybe just the background ambiance instead. Especially for the mori, it was way better in the PTB where she didn't make noises. This is a spirit that is always trapped in the spirit realm, so realistically, we shouldn't be able to hear her like we can the Wraith or Trapper or anyone else. It makes sense, is creepier, and sounds better for the Spirit not to make any breathing sounds. Again, we can also just keep the ambiance she has now and remove the HYAA's.

EDIT: Just for reference and idea of it, I feel like I should add that the sounds are so cringey that I literally just turn off my headset when I go to spend bloodpoints on her.

Comments

• DaddyDagon
    DaddyDagon Member Posts: 13
    Options
    It's really jarring to hear her voice, and not in a good way. 
    Has anyone heard the audio of when a survivor wiggles free and she gets stunned? It's like bad audio feedback. Idk how else to describe it. 
  • RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

My favorite is getting stunned by a pallet. I just can't help but laugh.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    Options
    Agreed... Also, her HAAH-sound when hitting / hooking you reminds me more of a pirate than anything else. 
  • DarthPancake
    DarthPancake Member Posts: 27
    Options

It is horrendous I hope they change it..

• Facefullofleather
    Options
    I really thought she was going to sound like a banshee, with inhuman screeching wails. Now she sounds like a droid got a hit by a photon torpedo! 
  • Deity
    Deity Member Posts: 19
    Options

WAH

• DKOuToFConTRoL
    DKOuToFConTRoL Member Posts: 59
    Options

I have heard people say she sounds like a 1920s gangster, Waluigi, or a typical villain with a handlebar mustache from a cartoon, I personally can't choose my favorite off that list, but she definitely does not sound like the torture spirit of a Chinese woman/girl.

I had imagined it more like nails on glass kind of sound, more towards a pitched Feng with a slight distortion.

• DKOuToFConTRoL
    DKOuToFConTRoL Member Posts: 59
    Options

I said Chinese, not Japanese.