The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How do you feel about "Slugging" for the 4k?

DeftDaemon
DeftDaemon Member Posts: 21

How do you feel about "Slugging" for the 4k? 100 votes

(Killer) I don't mind "slugging".
29%
SnakeSound222SchmeltzCashelP14Leonardo1itaCritical_FishMattie_MayhemOGPurgatorianBloodyBunnyThicc_Boi_MyersMalum_MidnightReisMinercheezjtzMoundshroudTripleStealgetuy45u4iuExalyThorZestySOMENINJANAMEGannTMWraithBaby 29 votes
(Killer) I do mind "slugging".
20%
Weeb_H_ToastkodiakyTapeKnotF60_31JawsIsTheNextKillerRullisiEndorbRoboMojoPlantCollectornickoffordGlamourousLeviathanCleviteBassTramChurchofPigsteponmeadirishorrortale_sansjotaroHerachi_SakuraDistortedDreamBankhenfuere 20 votes
(Survivor) I don't mind being "slugged".
28%
FatelanceGibberishBlueberryMelvinMrPenguinpichumudkipYanthegamer558DBD78AceInTheKate[Deleted User]Awkward_FiendJay_WhyaskTotemsCleanserChinanumawaaanNoOneKnowsNovaFreezingFireCCClarkScreamingFengIm_a_bootHORRORfarmer 28 votes
(Survivor) I do mind being "slugged"
23%
SunaIIanuInsaneCoasterDarootLeafstormfairfieldismsgwudHannonKettleWettlebm33Pior_MorteFobbostargazer9skinuJocLewis2018Zariva83ImBrakingBikeMRS_PAPiLL0NBetrayed_TalionSK1LLAKDawgVenusa 23 votes

Comments

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Its boring, unless the killer knows for a fact where the last survivor is. Being slugged for minutes is as boring as survivors wasting minutes looking for hatch.

• Yugyr
    Yugyr Member Posts: 17

It's not exactly the most fun playstyle but if you feel it's necessary then you're free to do as you please. I like making bloodpoints more than "winning" the match, so I hook my survivors.

• Parallax
    Parallax Member Posts: 273

It's boring for both sides:

As killer I have to wait for the second survivor to take the bait which just takes forever, but this is unfortunately the only option to get my last BBQ stack.

As survivor I don't like being slugged, but I don't like being the other survivor even more. If I see my teammate is being slugged for the 4k I'm finding a safe locker to hide in for four minutes until hatch spawns.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

If the survivors were playing toxic, I will slug. If not, I couldn't care less if they find the hatch, I might even give it to them.

• CCClark
    CCClark Member Posts: 32

I am 100% Okay with slugging! I find slugging fun, there's a risk they can get up but it keeps pressure. I have entire builds built around slugging and I am 100% okay with going against a slugger as a survivor.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited November 2020

The hate of slugging is just irrational. I'd always rather be slugged as it gives me a second chance at life. No difference between sitting on a hook or sitting on the ground other than a potential second life on the ground and something to do.

As long as the hatch remains in its free escape state the killer has no choice but to slug for the 4k. Blame the people leaving the mechanic as it is if you don't like 4k slugging. That isn't the killers fault.

This is also not even getting into the myriad of anti-slug counters that exist.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I have difficulties to pick one of your options. To me, it's situationally dependant. I'll slug for the 4k if I have information about the last Survivors location and I'm confident I can down them reasonably fast. Otherwise, I'm down for hatch game.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    edited December 2020

Going for the nuts is a legitimate strategy....

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,277

As survivor I personally don't mind getting slugged, especially if the killer does it for no reason, because I'm 100% the killer is closer to losing if does it for no reason. Also there's a chance you'll crawl away and the killer will lose you completely, and if that happens it's gruesome.

If it's a nurse and she slugs: It's fine, just do gens and don't greed. Stay separated and rush the gens as fast as possible. Stay at distance always: remember, there are always other gens on the map.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Boring for me, boring for the survivor. I don't particularly mind being slugged as a survivor as long as the killer remembers to come back for me.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited December 2020

oof, I wouldn't want you in my survivor games, haha ;D

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

No neutral option for someone who plays both ends.

I'm aight with slugging with reason (eg i got downed, but someone else is right in front of the killer, or they don't have time and need to pressure gens now.

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294

I'd rather be slugged than hooked. And the Killer "RULE BOOK" is hilarious.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

It's apart of the game. If I get slugged I really don't care, hell, if I get slugged for long enough I'll just go on my phone or something.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Yeah it's a part of the game and a killer has to slug a lot of times. I recently played solo against that Trutalent guy and got to opening the exit gate but I was a fool trying injured to save the other two downed survivors on the other side of the map and he ended up winning by slugging. But intense and fun game.

• Betrayed_Talion
    Betrayed_Talion Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2021

When I play killer and sacrifice the second to last survivor, I love the feeling of the hatch race, if I get it the survivor dies, because there is no way in hell they can make it out, but if they get to hatch first then I see it as the game wanted them to win.

• BloodyBunny
    BloodyBunny Member Posts: 114

i play both pretty often and i don't mind slugging on either side though i have gotten called toxic in the end game chat for doing it though

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,135

I don't like it either side. As a survivor, if the killer slugs the other one, I'll often give myself up because I just don't want to play that out. It's only a game, I don't mind handing them the win if they want it that badly. As killer, it's a pain and a bore, I'd rather hook the third and take my chances. Sometimes I get the fourth, sometimes I don't, but at least the match didn't drag out.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    edited January 2021

Boring for both sides.

Necessary at certain times? Yeah, maybe. Doesn't change the fact that it makes the game tedious, specially when they do it for the 4K.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

Dont like it on either side.

As Survivor, I dont care if I escape or not, if the Killer slugs for the 4K, this is ok, but I dont like it.

As Killer, I only slug for the 4K if I want that person dead (sometimes even only for the 3K, because the slugged guy gets the Hatch then) or because the last Survivor was next to where I downed the other guy. Cant be asked to run around for minutes searching for one person for a few points when I can get the game done faster by just hooking the second to last Survivor.

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225

It really depends on the situation. If there are two Survivors left, and I see both of them and down one, then yes - I'm going to follow the other one and down them as well. I usually end up letting the first downed person get the hatch, but I enjoy the chase. If I have no idea where the other Survivor is, I'll just hook the one I downed. I'd rather not leave anyone on the ground for more than a minute, as it's not fun for anyone. I prefer to give the last Survivor at least a chance at getting the hatch. If they're really altruistic, and attempt to save their teammate even when all hope seems lost, I'll likely let them both go.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617

I don't really mind it. Like yeah it's a boring playstyle but meh. I'll take slugging over tunneling and face-camping any day.

• 3loen
    3loen Member Posts: 11

I don't mind it for the most part, but the only games where the survivors get slugged majorly it's boring and frustrating. The usual case is having 1-2 survivors slugged on the ground for 2+ minutes looking for the last guy, the last guy slugged so the killer can go spend 2 minutes looking to close hatch, or the killer genuinely just downing a survivor and waiting for the bleed out because they had a bad game last match. Slugging is fine, but at some point just pick me up or kill me and let's all move on to the next game.

• Zariva83
    Zariva83 Member Posts: 45

I tip my hat to you, mate! <3

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

To me slugging is completely legitimate and fair for a killer. Sure, hate when it happens to me... but I respect it. Take a killer like hag, that excels at slugging. I could never be mad then, so I won't be at all.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2021

I will only slug if I know exactly where the last survivor is. Take a game I had yesterday for example.

There were two survivors left, I downed one and immediately the final gen popped very close to me. I then slugged for the fourth.

If I down a survivor and have no idea where the final one is I will hook then play the hatch/escape game.

Therefore I am in the middle of not minding and do mind slugging.

• Critical_Fish
    Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615

I don't mind slugging because it's an efficient way to win the game. Without tunneling or camping, it's the only way to win at higher ranks, because you will basically never win a 12 hook game. Unless the Survivors are meming, you will always lose if you do not camp, tunnel and/or slug. Slugging is the nicest and the most skill intensive of the 3.

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151

There's a bit of nuance here; I don't bother hunting for the 4th survivor, but if I know where they are, I'll go get them. But yeah, boring on both sides.

• AceInTheKate
    AceInTheKate Member Posts: 100

Kinda the devs fault its a thing. If I had a really rough game i want the 4k. Its kinda a stupid thing they made. Either slug for a 4k or get tea bagged at and get a 3k. I understand why its in the game. Its both a good thing and a bad thing. Kinda wish it wasn't this way.

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651

it depends how far into the game you are after 3 gens if it does not matter