New good vibes update coming (never)

Options
MidniteWolfy
MidniteWolfy Member Posts: 28
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

Introducing the Good Vibes update:

Presenting Core Perks. A system of TWO core perks can be selected as a whole across all survivor characters (linked to your profile) which will work separately from your normal perks and are always active. These perks must be earned and will be activated by the good vibes badge system... (keep reading to learn more)

Team Player core perks:

• Bond is now a core perk and compounded with kindred (disabled in group play)
  • No One Left Behind is now a core perk and is compounded with Haste.
  • Second wind is now a core perk, has been compounded with We're Gonna Live Forever and has been changed to "Last stand": Unhooking survivors, protection hits and flashlight/pallet saves now generate tokens. At 3 tokens you are now protected from 1 instance of the entity's clutches, giving you an additional stage on the hook if you are hooked after your 2nd phase. (the final 25%)
  • And more...

Positive Player core perks:

• Spec Ops (new perk) gives you 3 new emotes: No, go away!, Sssh! and Danger! (designed to work better with bond auras)
  • Dead hard is now a core perk and has been changed: While Uninjured, press your active ability button to prepare yourself for a hit. For 2 seconds if struck by the killer, you will release an enraged scream and have double the sprint distance (compared to when you are hit by the killer normally) but after 30 seconds you are hindered, running at 10% slower speed for 2 minutes. Disabled if hindered.
  • Boil Over is now a core perk and has been compounded with Breakout: Once carried by the killer, your struggling effects are increased by 75%. Survivors within 6 meters of the killer increase the rate at which you wiggle by 10% each. Due to your struggling, the time it takes for the killer to place you on the hook is increased by 50%. At the cost of your wild nature, the entity's progress to take you on the hook is faster, 40 seconds per hook stage.
  • And more...

Other Core perks will be available and standard for all players whilst Ratings based perks are exclusive

~~More Core Perks coming soon! INCLUDING KILLER CORE PERKS~

Good Vibes or Team Player rating system

After each match in the post game screen, you will now see buttons under each player (including the killer). You can click one of them to give the player a rating; Positive Player or Team Player (final names pending)

Clicking either option will animate confetti on the screen and add to a new badge system above each player which is viewable by all players in a match. Maintaining your status is important to level up your badge quality. Reaching rank 3 of a badge quality (which is accumulated over time and degrades over time) will give you in-game cosmetics to show off your cool new status in addition to unlocking access to specialized core perks (listed above)

Positive Player cosmetics include:

• A golden star, "I'm #1" t-shirt, Pina colada keychain and neon glasses (more coming soon) as well as activating one of 3 special core perks listed above.

Team Player cosmetics include:

• Togetherness Flag you can wave with special emote key, "I got your back" t-shirt and friendship photograph keychain (more coming soon) as well as 3 special core perks listed above.

Your rating will degrade over time, however it will always stay above rank 1 unless a significant amount of matches have gone by without a fresh rating. Getting to rating zero will remove the associated perks until you rank up to at least level 2 again.

A new toxic rating is available in the ranking system, not directly shown in our new hud - access it by clicking the small dropdown arrow next to the Positive Player/Team Player rating to rate the person as toxic. If more than 50% of players in a match consistently vote a player toxic, their badges will be reset to zero and associated perks deactivated. If you want to maintain core perks, play fairly and positively with others.

Excessive toxic ratings that exceed a hidden amount will activate an automatic core perk (cannot be removed) called Toxicity, which will take up one of your 3 core perk slots. After each match, incur a 50%-75% reduction to bloodpoint gains, applied after the match, across all characters. In addition, teammates in each match who do NOT have the Toxicity perk active will gain a 15% bonus to all action speeds while you are on the hook as well as 15% additional bloodpoint gains applied after the match.

Other changes in the Good Vibes update include:

New anti-camp system. If a killer stays close to a hook for an extended amount of time, the entity timer on the survivor will pause until the killer exits the area around the hook for 15 seconds. Remaining in the hook area will progressively award other teammates with bonuses to repair speed as well as activating unbreakable on all other survivors who may be in the dying state. All players in the trial will be able to see this effect activate in their hud. Unhooks, flashlight/pallet stuns, survivor window vaults and successful killer attacks will reset this timer to zero and restart it - survivors cannot use it as a chance to bully the killer. This is disabled after all generators are repaired.

New perks have been released for the killer who CHOOSES to camp/tunnel which will disable the anti-tunnel/camp timer, at the cost of perk slots. These perks will give the killer shorter missed attack cooldowns, wider fov and faster ability recharges, but the entity timer on survivors who are hooked is increased by 50% in total. Unhooks or leaving the area where a survivor is hooked will apply the Displeased effect to the killer, reducing movement speed by 10%, increasing lunge cooldown by 15% and pallet-break/vault speeds by 15% for 40 seconds. The killer begins the match with Displeased active.

Other changes include:

Normal regression of kicked generators is now double.

All effects/addons/perks in the game which apply hemorrhage, mangled, hindered or blindness are no longer permanent, and will have a smaller duration, making perks like Vigil have value.

This Is Not Happening has been changed to "I can do this" and compounded with stake out. While in the terror radius of the killer, you will generate tokens each 15 seconds. At 4 tokens, you will automatically heal one health state if injured. If uninjured you cannot generate more than 3 tokens. Disabled after one use for the duration of the trial.

Small Game has been changed. You will now see the aura of traps within 6m of them and hear the sound notification within 12m. Additionally your chance to escape bear traps is increased by 15% and you can remove hag traps without a flashlight by wiping them away, but it takes 12 seconds to do so.

Botany Knowledge now allows you to heal plague sickness as well as making you slightly resistant to clown gas. You are also immune to Hemorrhaging and are not affected by the mangled healing time penalty.

Iron will has been changed. Now when you are in close range to the killer (close enough for them to hear you) you will gather your strength and reduce pain sounds for a total of 20 seconds. The perk will then need to recharge (1 minute recharge). While not active, your pain sounds are increased by 5 meters.

Urban Evasion now allows you to walk over certain traps without triggering them. Walking over a hag trap will not trigger it. Walking over a bear trap will have a 50% chance of triggering it (making a metal coil sound if it misses).

Lightweight and Fixated have been compounded and now prevents the killer from seeing the audio notification of fast actions if they are greater than 36m away.

Object Of Obsession now generates tokens each time you look at the killer. Looking at the killer once generates the first token automatically, then generates additional tokens every 4 seconds. These tokens will degrade at double the speed they are generated, for example, 8 seconds will remove a token. Each token gives the killer a 4% bonus to movement speed, disabled in chase. Taking a hit from the killer removes all tokens.

Technician will now apply Quietened to generators you work on which gradually lower the sound of the generator itself by 8 meters over 8 seconds (1m per second). This degrades over 8 seconds or if you miss a skill check. Additionally your great skill checks provide a bonus 1% to repair. These effects also apply to all survivors who are working on the generator alongside you - its always nice to have a technician around. Lastly, generators that a technician has worked on for at least 25% will resist killer regression by half until 25% progress has been lost.

Decisive Strike has been renamed to Don't Tunnel Me Bro and has been changed: Each time you are unhooked you generate a token, up to 2 tokens. Tokens will degrade over time only when not in chase with the killer, over 40 seconds. Each token provides you with a 10% bonus to movement speed and vaulting speed. In addition each token reduces the BP gains for associated killer interactions by 50%. For example, if the killer still catches you with 1 token he only gets 50% bp for the hook and sacrifice, or if he tunnels you and hooks you again, he gets 100% reduction to any points gained for that hook and sacrifice unless you are the last survivor standing.

Lastly, SWF groups are clearly indicated in the lobby before match starts unless killer has a Toxicity perk activated, in which case they will only be matched with swf groups but never know. Ssshh. Also they can only ever play bubba.

Killer updates coming soon

Comments

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,808
    Options

re: giving other players kudos and rating them as toxic -- I've also thought about this. I instinctively agree that if the community had a way to reward good behaviour, it might encourage people to be less toxic, but I've never been able to think of a system for doing it that can't be abused and wouldn't get distorted by the fact that it's 4 vs 1.

For example, this thread suggests that a player would be considered toxic if 3/4 (more than 50%) of the other players in the match consistently rate them as toxic. The problem is that, because it's 4 vs 1, and because SWF exists (meaning, because people are queuing with friends they have loyalty to and not strangers) it's very easy to get 3 toxic votes against a killer, and very difficult to get 3 toxic votes against a survivor, whether or not anyone was actually toxic.

• MidniteWolfy
    edited November 2020
    Options

The benefit system can be made to work without a toxicity system at all - in other words, if a killer isn't getting "good killer" ratings after games, eventually he may lose some really good Core perks (of which I didn't invent any in this thread) and if he wants them, would have to try playing less toxic. But having the toxicity system in place would need constant tweaks and monitoring to ensure its working as intended. Now, we know behavior would never actually do this, so we're only discussing this as PURE theory. But my take on it is this: a killer would have to be getting a toxic rating really often in order to be labeled as toxic. In other words, as a survivor, you have 4 rating you in every game, but as a killer, it would be 1/4th of a that rating, meaning every 4 game ratings would be equal to one rating if you were survivor. So you'd need to get out of 25 games, I'd say like 20 games rated toxic before you got a warning/notification of toxic rating and if you continued, bam, you get the toxic perk tacked on and you can't remove it until those ratings drop. You could do percentage like, 80% of all games rated toxic over 20 games = toxic status.

IMO a system like this would be good for the developers because they can just drop all their resources used for keeping up with reports and build a system that works itself automatically, free'ing them for other tasks they can focus on.

Oh, also swf groups would work differently. Naturally they would count as a single vote or perhaps rating system is entirely disabled in groups, otherwise they would just rate each other as great people even if they're all jerks. Overall, rating anyone in your friends list would be disabled. Another good thing would be that if the killer or another player rates them toxic (assuming they're in a group of 2 or 3 with 1 solo) then the rating applies to ALL of them at the same time, which means, the group that is toxic together gets penalties together.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,686
    Options

I was kinda on board with this idea (I'm not exactly a fan but it's not the worst thing I've heard) until I read the part about being able to rate people as toxic and you losing Bloodpoints over this.

If you think the dbd player base won't abuse the ######### out of this, you're sorely mistaken.

I've been called toxic for tunneling someone when they were the first hooked, and killed themselves on first hook. I've been called toxic for facecamping whilst I'm literally hooking someone on the other side of the map. I've been called toxic because I used purple Windstorm on Wraith. I've been called toxic because I brought in a flashlight and didn't use it, because I had a medkit, or a toolbox, or because I played Claudette. I try my absolute best to be wholesome, and there are so many more matches where nothing has been said, or even I've been complimented, but holy ######### this community is arse and can and will abuse the ######### out of this because of something they personally dislike.

Looping? Toxic. Stealth? Toxic. Saving a teammate? Toxic. Doing a gen? Toxic. Using Dead Hard? Toxic. Hooking a survivor? Toxic. Kicking a gen? Toxic. Slugging a survivor? Toxic. Camping a hook? Toxic. Leaving the area? Toxic.

• MidniteWolfy
    edited November 2020
    Options

Its not necessary to have a toxic rating system. You could just use the positive rating system which would encourage people who are choosing to play in toxic ways to play differntly so they can get the badges and associated perks. I didn't list any core perk ideas for killer but if i spent a while I could name some. In this way, you wouldn't need the toxic rating system at all.

Despite that, toxicity DOES exist in this game. The argument that some people might misconstrue toxicity is indeed valid, but then it comes down to how the rating system itself would work. Presently, if you report someone for hacking in dbd, behavior doesn't just drop everything and investigate your report. They honestly couldn't care less about it.. but why? Its because most times, hacking reports are just misconstrued, where a person might feel that another player dodged an attack that should have hit, or they vaulted a pallet a bit fast, or there was a visual glitch and they appeared to move odd or they found a way to run onto a rock, etc. So what behavior does is require a minimum number of reports, CONSISTENTLY, to respond to a hacker. If a person gets 1 report in 10 games for hacking, its probably just an error, but 8 reports out of 10 matches, you have something there to investigate.

Similarly, a toxic rating system would take into account the percentage of false-reporters. You would have a system somewhere along the lines of - if more than 50% of survivors rate you toxic in 3 out of every 5 games, or 6 out of 10, or 9/15 12/20 15/25 then you would accrue a hidden value of toxic rating. Now, getting a few points of toxic rating doesn't immediately label you toxic, it has to be CONSISTENT. These points would degrade over time as well, where if you go 10 games without reports, it would just fall off the record, but if it was consistently rated and slowly ramped up to a certain value (we'll call that, X), then BAM you get hit with a notification when you log in to play the game. "You have recieved a significant number of toxic ratings. Please try to play fair!" and then if the trend continues, you get the toxic core perk applied for 3 games. So on and so forth.

Now you could also say, well, this number is also sketchy, make it 4 out of 5 games or 8/10, 12/15, 16/20 then okay we can try that out and see if it works out.

But I don't see that this system is wrong. If a killer is being toxic.. who else can blow the whistle to identify it? It HAS to be the people who were in the match. No one else was there to see it. And theres no better people to report toxicity than the victims of toxicity. We can adjust how that data is interpreted, but the core system of "see toxicity, speak up" is not inherently flawed, its how the data is processed and how action is taken. Right now? No action is taken against toxicity. Its a flat zero. Somehow, some way, that needs to change.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,686
    Options

Your point about BHVRs reports is wrong as well. They require an additional support ticket sent to DBD support, with sufficient video or photo evidence supplied, before action is taken in a report. The one exception to this being chat reports, as they have the chat logs saved.