If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The Clown

Options

I like the Clown and that is one I would buy, but I think compared to the other killers he's to slow maybe 1 to .5 seconds slower in running and the reload time is to long it for one bottle or 4 same time. The reload should be same as the rabbit killer looking in the lockers for axes and that toxins that he has really don't do that much of anything to the survivors really done not to even slow them down no body is afraid of him all survivors gang up on him, he's to weak but if they step him up to the other killers I every well would consider buying him, and on the mask it should be a happy but sinister smile, that's all I have to say about that thank you,,,what do you think,,,

Comments

• MikeLatin7
    MikeLatin7 Member Posts: 209
    Options

maybe the Clown can have a Clown hammer in one hand and the toxin in the other

• Nutty
    Nutty Member Posts: 13
    Options

i would argue that the clown needs a long reload time as he doesnt need to go to lockers which does take time in certain situations, he has the ability to do it anywhere and whenever he wishes, which is why the devs have done it in this way.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

What does "1 to 0.5 slower in running" means ?
    The clown has the fastest base running speed in the game, shared with Trapper, Pig, Billy, LF and such.

Having to look for a locker to reload is actually slower than being able to walk while reloading.

I possibly agree about 1 thing : reloading 1 bottle should possibly be shorter than reloading all 4.

• MikeLatin7
    Options

Nutty, I didn't say he needs to go to the lockers, what I said was it should be the same time span, the time it takes for the huntress to reload, his load time is to long and it slows him down to much to be an effective killer,and his toxin dose little to nothing to the survivors

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@Runiver said:
    The clown has the fastest base running speed in the game, shared with Trapper, Pig, Billy, LF and such.

Having to look for a locker to reload is actually slower than being able to walk while reloading.

I possibly agree about 1 thing : reloading 1 bottle should possibly be shorter than reloading all 4.

Maybe he thought about his slow movement speed while throwing? I do not know.

• Runiver
    Options

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

Still, I do not understand what "1 to 0,5 slower" meannnss
    Pleaasse help me.

• RSB
    Options

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

Pleaasse help me.

This is the big unknown, my friend.

• MikeLatin7
    Options

come one with no add on 1.5 seconds is nothing any survivors can get away, and most do the clown is slow as far as the trapper is concerned and the hillbilly the huntress, well all the killers for that matter, and the toxins do little next to nothing to stop the survivors, all there is for the clown to do is camp his prey at the lest he can get one, and camping killer is a valid strategy, and it's not reportable not even on the regular game if harry dalmer left those people to die he could not have eaten them that what real killer do watch you die, I really don't like to but sometimes I do, well this is not call of duty so it's ok

• Runiver
    Options

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

Pleaasse help me.

Oh, I get it, he wants the slow to be 0,5 to 1s longer.
    Devs are already considering this @MikeLatin7 , they are gonna buff it up to 2s according to what a dev said

• RSB
    Options

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

Pleaasse help me.

Devs are already considering this @MikeLatin7 , they are gonna buff it up to 2s according to what a dev said

Doubt that it will change anything, he will be weak anyway. The only thing that could make him strong would be actual blindness (like flashlight) and interrupting with the actions, like Doc's zap.

• MikeLatin7
    Options

1 to Io .5 seconds faster movement speed, his load time is slow and slow him down to much the his prey gets away,

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157
    Options

@Nutty said:
    i would argue that the clown needs a long reload time as he doesnt need to go to lockers which does take time in certain situations, he has the ability to do it anywhere and whenever he wishes, which is why the devs have done it in this way.

Yeah i agree, this is why they made his timing the way it is and i dont see anything wrong with his speed. As Huntress you have to run over to a locker, face plant into it spending the time grabbing the hatchets out of the locker. But as the Clown, you can do it where ever you want and still look around to watch where survivors are going while you mix the concoctions! I love the way the clown is and can't wait to buy him and kate!

• Runiver
    Options

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

Pleaasse help me.

Doubt that it will change anything, he will be weak anyway. The only thing that could make him strong would be actual blindness (like flashlight) and interrupting with the actions, like Doc's zap.

He's actually pretty strong in chases.
    But he has a very weak map control. Devs are trying to figure out something to give him more options atm, I believe. No promises tho, obviously.

• RSB
    Options

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

Pleaasse help me.

But he has a very weak map control. Devs are trying to figure out something to give him more options atm, I believe. No promises tho, obviously.

He may seem good in chases, because survivors are trying to avoid his gas clouds, but when they figure out the tonics does nothing, he will be wothless.

• Runiver
    Options

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

Pleaasse help me.

He may seem good in chases, because survivors are trying to avoid his gas clouds, but when they figure out the tonics does nothing, he will be wothless.

His gas cloud is actually pretty strong when they run into it. 15% slow isn't negligible, especially if you can extend the duration to 4-6s due to some add-ons for example, or the extra time spent in the cloud.
    With the removal of the vacuum, someone walking through a cloud is usually getting hit rather consistently.

Your best bet against clown is to run to another juking spot nearby if you have the time to, or to directly drop the pallet, which could prove risky for the lategame. It's actually decently strong, and I have several clips of extensive uses of potions that are actually pretty hard to counter (even tho the survivors aren't playing perfectly, obviously, but so am I)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FunnyDreamzz/videos

Tho I suppose it's debatable.
    I played against quite a few good players in the PTB, and I found the bottles to be very reliable when well-placed to cut escape routes

• RSB
    Options

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

Pleaasse help me.

His gas cloud is actually pretty strong when they run into it. 15% slow isn't negligible, especially if you can extend the duration to 4-6s due to some add-ons for example, or the extra time spent in the cloud.
    With the removal of the vacuum, someone walking through a cloud is usually getting hit rather consistently.

Your best bet against clown is to run to another juking spot nearby if you have the time to, or to directly drop the pallet, which could prove risky for the lategame. It's actually decently strong, and I have several clips of extensive uses of potions that are actually pretty hard to counter (even tho the survivors aren't playing perfectly, obviously, but so am I)

I played against quite a few good players in the PTB, and I found the bottles to be very reliable when well-placed to cut escape routes

The time will tell, my friend, now we can't really tell, because it is PTB. In my opinion he could use some buffs, I'm tired of new killers, who are mediocre AT BEST, because he will never be mid-high tier, sadly. I like playing him, but he is not, what he should be.

• Runiver
    Options

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

Pleaasse help me.

The time will tell, my friend, now we can't really tell, because it is PTB. In my opinion he could use some buffs, I'm tired of new killers, who are mediocre AT BEST, because he will never be mid-high tier, sadly. I like playing him, but he is not, what he should be.

In my opinion he could also use some buffs, especially to distrupt people while chasing someone else, for example.
    To me, he seems like a decent mid-tier atm, possibly stronger than the pig with extensive play, since pig's ambush cannot cover a lot of loops while Clown actually can.

Time will tell I guess.
    In the end, I doubt we'll get a top tier killer anyway. He will still probably be in my top 3 favorites killer to play due to the numberous tricks he can pull off tho.

• MikeLatin7
    Options

I like the clown play him a lot, but still to slow vaulting even with the perk which I like stops survivors from running in circles and reload still to slow

• Undying_Zombie
    Undying_Zombie Member Posts: 40
    Options

To me.. He is.. Alright I guess. Solid mid tier killer ( though I would put him on the lower end of mid tier unless you use some specific addons. )

He could use some buffs that is for sure. But I really doubt they will. They do not seem to want to make high tier killers anymore like Hillbilly an Nurse. Ones I feel that all killers should be at level wise.

• MikeLatin7
    Options

Yeah, toxin by it self is really nothing 1.5 second come on really?

• ZeBee
    ZeBee Member Posts: 47
    Options

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

Pleaasse help me.

But hes not weak at all hes mid tier, just under doctor or same level

• ZeBee
    ZeBee Member Posts: 47
    Options

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

Pleaasse help me.

Where did you see this? if its true im glad, depending how they buff him he could almost be high tier

• RSB
    Options

@ZeBee said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

Pleaasse help me.

But hes not weak at all hes mid tier, just under doctor or same level

Doctor is way better than him, trust me, I used to main him and he can be pain in the ass, even on high ranks. The Clown... meh, he can't. His ability almost does nothing.

• MikeLatin7
    Options

are you crazy the doc is top tier if you know how to work him,

• Runiver
    Options

@ZeBee said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

@RSB said:

@Runiver said:

Pleaasse help me.

Where did you see this? if its true im glad, depending how they buff him he could almost be high tier

http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/10027#Comment_10027
    On this thread!
    Janick's answer.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:
    are you crazy the doc is top tier if you know how to work him,

Excuse me? You can loop a doc easily if you are a somehow experienced survivor
    The only reason why nurse is the only top tier killre is because she cannot be looped