The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Maps That Are Ridiculously Dark

I just finished a match as Killer where I played at Midwich. Is it just me, or are parts of this map ridiculously dark? For example, there was a corridor in a back corner of the courtyard that was so dark that I couldn't figure out which way I was going after during a chase. This also has happened on the lower level of the Gideon Meat Plant map. On the other hand, maps like Hawkins, Ormond, and Glenvale seem to be particularly well lit.

Have others experienced these challenges, or is it just a part of the need to improve visual awareness as a Killer?

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

I've experienced it. I did a Mikey match on Gideon last night, and at one point this Blendette vanished before me downstairs in a jungle gym.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

you could just up your screen brightness, most killers do

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

The new macmillan maps and yamaoka maps are sometimes absurdly dark and other times perfectly fine for me.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

It’s not just you, their default darkness setting is too dark on some maps. The basement of the Game for example os so dark you literally can’t even see the walls and props in sections of it. I always play with my monitor brightness turned up a notch for this game just so I can at least make out where I’m going on those maps.

• Biggs
    Biggs Member Posts: 286

if you have nvidia filters just use them... game is actually playable and a lot more nicer... basic dbd graphics are awfull horrible.. I cant go bac kto normal dbd after filters sorry its just not worth it

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I've experienced the same thing recently, it forced me to play on low graphics since that was the fastest way to lower that horrible darkness. Still I would appreciate if devs reverted back to the way it was.