Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Toxic Content Creators

Slashstreetboy
Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

Once upon a time, there was a content creator who sparked a series of Toxic Survivor memes. This person is no longer with us as far as I know, and for good reason - the behavior and conduct contributed to a toxic environment where fun was to be had solely at the expense of others.

Unfortunately, the spirit and attitude remained in the community. There are active and former Fog Whisperers that are famous for deranking with their 4 man in order to bully and humiliate inexperienced players for the enjoyment of their audience, for insulting and belittling Killers for any reason they can think of, for provoking players to get a reaction out of them in order to get them banned while they themselves enjoy the protection of mods.

These people even have the audacity to claim their victims were sensitive whilst being on a non-stop complaining and moaning fit themselves. If it wasn´t for real, I´d happily have a good laugh about this prime example of entitlement. It´s sad and disappointing. There are examples of Fog Whisperers and Mods that are genuinely decent or even wholesome. At this point, the bar for decent behavior is so low that basically everything seems to be endorsed by the community team, except calling this kind of stuff out. Favoritism hurts the community.

I have two questions:

1) For the team: Why does behavior support this kind of people? Is such despicable conduct really what you want DBD to be known for?

2) For their viewers: Why do you watch this kind of content? Why do you enjoy the public humiliation of people that are just trying to have a good time with DBD? Do you just not care or do you wish you had the guts to be a bully yourself?

Post edited by Slashstreetboy on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.