Is there no way we could get a console performance patch before December?

BearTrapSnap
BearTrapSnap Member Posts: 86
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
I know it's "only" a few months off but whew, my game is playing much worse than the clown release and 2.0 now. The Spirit's a lot of fun to play, but currently my FPS on PS4 are so bad it's becoming annoying. Playing her on the Red Forest and the new map is rough.

She has an interesting power, I like the mind game potential and the many ways to throw people off... But it's not enough when my chases and lunges (!) cause FPS to drop so badly I can't even keep track of survivors right in front of me. If someone's laggy on top of that, forget it. They're as good as gone. Sprint Burst and Dead Hard trigger a large FPS drop too so it's less like Meg ran away and more like she's the one who can phase walk. 
Post edited by BearTrapSnap on

Comments

• DarkThomy
    DarkThomy Member Posts: 15

I agree there are some random (and often lingering) frame drops.... but I thought it was maybe usual or just me..
    Apparently not..

• BearTrapSnap
    BearTrapSnap Member Posts: 86
    edited September 2018
    It downright chugs when I finish a match with her. That screen of the killer walking is probably 15 FPS now. That part at least doesn't effect gameplay but it's really noticeable.
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

on ps4 pro it looks OK, much better than low-end PC ( T_T )

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

Come into the light! We always accept new members into our flock!

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

I'm on Xbox and experience the exact same thing. This is a recording of what FPS issues I deal with constantly now. https://xboxclips.com/TheMidnightRidr/76dec982-c38a-41ff-8286-93402c89421f

• Tipper117
    Tipper117 Member Posts: 41
    I've posted a couple times in the steam forum about the framerate issue.  I play mostly on PC, but I hop on PS4 sometimes to play with a friend.  I'm by no means a graphics snob, so I don't care if the game doesn't look quite as shiny.  But the low framerate on consoles actually has a real affect on gameplay.  Especially when playing as the killer. There's times during quick turning that I physically cannot tell what's going on because it's such a blurry choppy mess.  And isit not ping/connection related. I can tell the difference between lag and poor framerate. I only play killer on console now to get the daily challenge and that's it.  If this game ran as smoothly on console as it does on PC, I'd probably play more of it on console.

Also the sensitivity and reaction of the joysticks could use some tweaking or smoothing out.  It's not too bad with survivor, but it makes tracking while trying to land hits as the killer difficult.