Is Legion one of the Best Killers in the Game?

Options
SirRoggothy
SirRoggothy Member Posts: 5
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

I know this is an unpopular opinion, considering how much people despise legion. But he is honestly one of my favorites, and is easily top 10 best killers in the game.

Here are some things he can do that make him so good.

He can Injure everyone within the first 30 seconds of the match. He can keep everyone injured during the entire trial, which can be dirty with certain perks. He can detect everyone in his Terror Radius when in his power. He can stall the game the best out of all killers. He moves at 4.6 m/s. Can get around the map decently quick. And keeps survivors healing the entire game, which makes Gen rushing extremely difficult if the right player is playing Legion. And sense everyone is always injure, he just has to hit you once. So if you are pretty much insta down for the entire trial.

Do you think he is weak and why?

Post edited by Gcarrara on

Comments

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

If they can get everyone then yea... the snowball potential is there

But miss a FF attack then it's pretty punishing... unless you can recover... and even then the potential is lost

And perks are a biger deal with them cause of their power

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,091
    Options

He's nowhere being one of the best killers. He'll simply fail against good teams of survivors. He has no way to end chases quickly and counters inefficient survivor strategy of grouping up.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,532
    Options

Lowkey yes. Because the Frenzy hit is always free and the second hit is the only one you have to work for. Especially if the Survivors don't heal, if everyone's injured your basically tier three myers except you can mess with the Survivors more by running perks like Thanatophobia and Blood Echo

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Options

I always judge killers and perks based on how they help me against a competent SWF, most survivors are not very skilled and I don't need the best perks to help with them.

Legion is a scrub-stomper. They fail miserably against good survivors who spread out and don't spend the entire match healing. That is, if you even get everyone with your power in the first place because good survivors will not stick together and all it takes to outrun Feral Frenzy is the length of killer shack.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited November 2020
    Options

Legion's strength largely depends on whether the Survivors know all the ins and outs of how Frenzy works and they have to not panic after the Frenzy hit.

It is humorous when a Survivor who you've already Frenzy stabbed decides to dumb tech you out of Frenzy and you're running enduring. Like... you literally played yourself. Also Dead Harding the second Frenzy stab that's not even coming... that happens way more than it should. Also hiding after someone else has gotten stabbed with Frenzy, also happens way more than it should.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

I mean, being one of the top 10 killers is literally just being in the upper 50% (there's only 21 of them currently). Not exactly a challenging benchmark.

Legion is definitely not top tier, but could be mid or low tier depending on whom you ask.

They can exert a lot of pressure on smaller maps, but tend to be pretty pathetic on big maps where they can't cover ground effectively enough. Legion tends to get mocked for having trouble with downing survivors at higher ranks (they can injure everyone just fine, but their power can't reliably down anyone) and for having some big built-in penalties left over from when they were originally introduced (increased power cooldown on successful basic attacks and unable to see scratch marks while in Frenzy) in addition to new ones they received later (hitting deeply wounded survivors or missing an attack while in Frenzy immediately causes a fatigue stun).

Legion's just... ok. Not great, not terrible, but not really all that special to most players either. Kind of like the killer equivalent of honeydew. It's there and you might have some because it was presented alongside more interesting choices, but it's not usually something you'd go out of your way to get.

But if Legion has been creating good experiences for you, then great! Legion's definitely got their own pool of fans in spite of some of their inherent challenges.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

He's not.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674
    Options

Easy way to counter legion.

-Don’t waste time healing

-Do gens instead.

-5 min ez gen rush

• B_Random
    B_Random Member Posts: 370
    Options

He's fun to say the least, at least in my opinion and he's a pretty cool killer with real awesome outfits. Is he the best, well that depends. He's somewhat weak with downing people mostly, but to slow the game down he's pretty good if you know how to play him well enough. He's not the Nurse, Spirit, or even Blight however, so he's decent enough but not as good as those three.

He's really good with Blood Echo, since that's a bit of a counter to SPIREZ "Easy way to counter Legion". He however needs a few buffs, since sure he is still good but there are a few things here and there that need to be reworked and looked at again. I made a discussion for one buff I think Legion should get and others agreed with me giving a few other buffs for him. Relating to most of his addons and his crippling fatigue time, which is the longest fatigue time in the game. 4 seconds might not sound like much, but it is actually agonizing.

• LordSturm
    LordSturm Member Posts: 493
    Options

I wish, but no.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352
    Options

No

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
    Options

Legion can be underestimated a lot of times, however the biggest problem is getting that second hit. I've played Legion the most of all the killers, but I can't say that they are top tier. Certainly not bottom tier like a lot of people think, but not top tier.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,027
    Options

Your gonna have plenty of people disagree with ya, but ultimately...it comes down to the player. Your gonna have certain killers that just click for you. That might be different from what clicks for me and really...thats ok. Id ay hes far from the best killer in the game, however hes not nearly as bad as alot of people like to claim. He's actually one of the killers I tend to rotate amongst while playing killer and I'm usually able to do just fine.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

which leegon though?

• Only2Megabytes
    Only2Megabytes Member Posts: 37
    Options

1.Being injured sucks but really isn't a big deal.

2.If the survivors bring fast healing or swf your power is even worse

3.Detecting everyone in terror radius doesn't mean much against good survivors who know to spread out against Legion, they also have such a short base power duration you likely won't catch people more than 16 meters away who have a brain, or anyone with sprint burst or lithe depending on map.

I do think they are really underestimated but their is a reason for it, they are very bad with little to help in chase besides going against injured survivors, and it might just be a personal thing but I also have always felt like a Legion Feral Frenzying was more or a 360/dodging minigame than an actual threat.

• hurryingok
    hurryingok Member Posts: 49
    Options

I'm new, green ranks. I give survivors, sometimes even red ranks, a lot of problems with him. If I run Undying, Ruin, Sloppy, and Thana, his power is very annoying for everyone (including me) to deal with. He has built-in detection, built-in slowdown, built-in chase. The ONLY thing he lacks is lethality. I think he isn't more widely enjoyed because, well, he isn't fun.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

Doing gens is good against any Killer tho.

Legion specific counters are:

• Don't heal all the time, only when you need to.
    • Split up, Legion's power is now useless.

It's really easy to counter Legion, you just need to know what to do.

Also I would say that the biggest counter to Legion are good teammates that know what to do.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

Don't heal - Get downed in 1 hit.

Downed, can't do gens.

End up losing.

Cry on forums that Legion sucks.

People misconsture and think he's awful.

Repeat. Lol.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

M1 killer can't be good by definition. In the end you'll reach limits you'll simply be unable to overcome, while you have no limitations on killers like Nurse, Spirit or Blight.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

He's one of the, if not the, worst killers in the game. Good survivors stay injured every game normally, and that just so happens to be the counter to legion. Plus most survivors also use dead hard, so they'll have that option all game. Just because someone is injured doesn't make them easier to catch. And theres that added fact that if you have common sense, you won't heal against legion, meaning you have no right click. You are just an M1 killer whos power lets him move quickly. Playing legion is like trapper without his traps, but everyone's injured. You sound like youre playing at yellow to green ranks, because in there, legion is one of the best killers in the game. In high ranks though, hes probably the worst killer in the game.

Hes a noob stomper.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Legion is a noob-stomper, plain and simple. God tier at ranks 10-20 and below average at rank 1.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Legion is SUPER S(usie) Tier

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    Options

Legion can be ok with a very specific set of builds, but once you drift outside of those builds they become pretty mediocre.

• CLB198
    CLB198 Member Posts: 315
    Options

His power is negated by running

Just running in a straight line can make it run out

And deep wound does not go down when you are running

And legion can't see scratch marks while in his power

• Randomplayer545
    Randomplayer545 Member Posts: 21
    Options

i play legion very few times mostly for rituals and challenges, but if played just right he can be pretty op, or when going up against the right survivors .

• Grum_P
    Grum_P Member Posts: 79
    Options

Non not really but he is one of the most balanced killers in the game.