If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Chapter Concept - We Are Borg (Star Trek Fan-Made)

Options
Drae
Drae Member Posts: 52
edited November 2020 in Creations

The Borg are undoubtedly the horror soul of Star Trek. Human faces distorted by the machine. Lacking any semblance of individuality and consciousness, cold as dead bodies, they are the embodiment of the uncanny in the dark. So similar to their victims, yet so alien. Disturbing, they could easily take the place of famous monsters and assassins of the cinema of the 80s, years in which, in fact, the borg were born.

Tactical drones lurking in the shadows.

They inspired me especially with their assault scenes. They are relentless and merciless. They do not rush towards their prey, on the contrary, they walk, with absolute calm, knowing that they can resist and absorb any attempt at self-defense. I think they are extremely similar to Michael Mayers in their combat actions, they just lack the same cruelty ... and a limb. For this killer, in fact, I used The Shape as a starting archetype. I wanted them to have the same kind of "relationship" that every DLC sprint killer has with Hillbilly as the first sprint killer.

I hope you enjoy my first attempt at creating a complete concept. I'm developing this concept since early september. I must warn you. I'm not a native english speaker and i could work on this text only during night time... i'm quite tired and i probably missed some mistakes. Sorry for that, please tell me if you see any error.

This concept contains a New Killer, a New Survivor, 3 Killer Perks, 3 Survivor Perks, Full Appearance Trivia, most of the internal mechanics and a short description of 3 New Maps.

New Killer: Lost Tactical Drone - The Borg

Speed: 3.8m/s - Terror Radius: 0 - Size: Average

The Borg Collective, from Delta Quadrant. A race of cyborgs in eternal search for perfection through assimilation, a forcible process that transform technologies, life forms and planets.

Through assimilation, everything become one with the Borg.

The Drones are the backbones of the Collective. Humanoids, robbed of their personalities and empowered with super-human strength and robotic limbs, connected one another in the cognitive net of the Hive Mind, a chaotic well of knowledge, ruled and tended by Borg Queens, vessels of the only member of the Collective to have kept own individuality.

The research for a suitable world to assimilate, brought a Borg Cube spaceship in front of an extraordinaire discovery: a strange gas formation was engulfing nearly completely an inhabited planet. This fog was something never seen before and the borg ship probed it for days, discovering tachyon particles, generaly produced by time travel events, and an incredible sign of neural activity, but the borg hive mind never received the news about this Entity. The ship lost itself into the fog and disappeared. Disconnected from the Collective, the drones got repurposed in a new cycle of assimilation. The Queen is now far and mute, only the Entity's whispers can guide them to perfection.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trivia: Borg's Appearance

The Borg base appearance is a bald and lightly green skinned human male in a black uniform, covered by circuits and ducts for wirings. His right eye has been substitued with an ocular implant, equiped with a red laser sight for combat purpose. Also the right arm has been severed and replaced by a robotic prosthesis, ending with a strong pincer, used to capture other humanoids. In the knuckles of the index and middle fingers of the left hand are hidden the tubules used to inject nanoprobes in his victims and initialize assimilation. Skins: a human female base skin. Uncommon skins, representing species from Delta Quadrant (Talaxian, Kezon, Hirogen and Krenim). A Rare skin representing the base human male as freshly assimilated. He still retains his hair and his pale skin is covered in black veins. A rare skin of a torn Starfleet red uniform. A very rare skin of a Blight-Injected zombie-esque Borg, that breathes fog.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power: Reprogrammed Protocols

Protocol I: At the start of the game, a hook in transformed into an Alcove. The Borg is capable to take the Special Action "Assimilate". It has 3 charges and can target Windows, Lockers, Generators and non-basement Hooks. Protocol I will end when The Borg uses an Alcove or the first Generator is completed, activating Protocol II. Then, All assimilated targets receive the following effects: Window/Locker: Become blocked - Generator: 20% slower progression - Hook: Transform into an Alcove. The Borg cannot Assimilate more then two identical objects.

Protocol II: The Borg receives 0,8m/s speed bonus, a red stain and a 32 meters Terror Radius. "Assimilate" can target only survivors in dying state, at will, inflicting the Assimilated status effect. Assimilated Survivors can be sacrificed at an Alcove. When the Borg uses an Alcove, the Borg enters Protocol III for 60 seconds.

Protocol III: The Borg can "Assimilate" in chase. Press and Hold (M2) to charge a lunge in an attempt to catch a survivor. If the lunge is successful, the survivor is Assimilated and is put in dying state. After 60 second, Protocol III ends and Protocol I activates.

Alcoves: Used by the Collective to regenerate and complete assimilation, The Borg can use them to switch Protocols and to sacrifice Assimilated survivors. Alcoves have 9% faster entity progression. The Borg cannot use an Alcove occupied by a Survivor. Assimilated Survivors freed from an Alcove receive the Broken Status effect. Alcove usage has a 30 second cooldown time.

An Alcove

Trivia: Power, Timers and Visual Effects.

A Borg Drone using the assimilation tubules in combat

Power: Protocol I charges cannot be recovered. Protocol I represent the Borg's neutral and "pacific" behaviour displayed when not threatened. It lacks Terror Radius and Red Stain but it is not under Undetectable status effect. Protocol II generate a Red Stain on the killer. Auras of Assimilated Objects and Alcove are higlighted in green for the killer only. Survivors cannot see the aura of Alcoves. Survivors can see the aura of a survivor trapped in an alcove, highlighted in green. Survivors lose the broken status effect when put in dying state. Terror Radius/Chase soundtrack should be inspired by "Borg Engaged", ost from Star Trek: The Next Generation series.

Timers: Animations for assimilation of Objects and dying Survivors takes 3.5 seconds. Successful in-chase assimilation takes 6 seconds. The Borg's Alcove usage takes 8 seconds. Protocol III lunge charge takes 1.5 seconds.

Visual Effects: When The Borg assimilate a Hook, a Window, a Generator or a Locker, its animation shows a green lightining erupting from the pincer for the duration of that action. When it assimilates a dying survivor, the animation shows the Borg injecting the survivor's neck with his tubules. When it assimilates in chase, the animation shows the borg grabbing the survivor with its pincers and injecting him with the tubules. An Assimilated Survivor's skin turn pale and borg implants appear on their skin and their status is indicated by an intermittent Borg green logo on their white silouettes. The Borg's basic attack is a simple blow with the pincer. While, during Protocol I and II, the borg keeps its arms straight at its sides, during Protocol III its rises the pincer.

Perks: The Borg's Perks "Tetryon Radiation", "Hex: Hive Mind" and "Resistance is Futile" focus on technology by countering intense item usage, impairing generator progress and punishing inefficient interactions with totems.

Tetryon Radiation: Depleting a Flashlight or a Toolbox will make the survivor who is holding it affected by the Hindered status effect (10%) for 6/8/10 seconds.

Hex: Hive Mind: This assimilated totem will scout the area in search for informations, like a Borg drone. At the end of the research, the new knowledge will empower the Killer. At the start of the game, a dull totem is lit by Hex: Hive Mind and its travel phase begins. After 80/70/60 seconds, the Hex Totem will transfer on a new dull totem and gain a Token. When all intact dull totems are visited by Hex: Hive Mind once, this perk will stop traveling and unleash its real power:

• Reveal the auras of all Survivors for 10 seconds.
  • All survivors that cleansed a dull totem during Hex: Hive Mind travel phase are Exposed for 40 seconds .
  • Each Token grants 3/4/5% successful attack cooldown reduction and speed bonus to damage generators.

Resistance is Futile: "We are Borg. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile."

• You become Obsessed with one Survivor.
  • Two generators are Assimilated at the start of the game. Assimilated Generators have their repair progress speed reduced by 20% and their auras are highlighted in green for the Killer.
  • When your Obsession starts repairing an Assimilated generator, all survivors working on that generator scream. Then, that generator is blocked by the Entity and cannot be repaired for 8/12/16 seconds.

Add-ons:

C- Damaged Alcove Bypass: Slightly decrease Alcove usage time. (-1 sec.)

C- Consumed Bio-Matter: Assimilated survivors receive the Hemorrage status effect.

C- Barbed Assimilation Needles: Slightly decreases time to Assimilate a target. (shorten Assimilate animation)

C- Upgraded Prostetics: Slightly faster Alcove Entity progression. (1%.)

U- Environmental Tuner: Increase Protocol I special action available charges by 1

U- Alcove Bypass: Moderately decrease Alcove usage time. (-2 sec.)

U- Optical Enhancer: Slightly decrease charging time for Protocol III special lunge action.

U- Tactical Assimilation Tubules: Moderately decreases time to Assimilate a target.

R- Alcove Personal Password: Considerably Decreases Alcove usage time (-3 sec.)

R- Fog-Corrupted Engage System: Moderately Increaseas Protocol III duration (+15 sec.)

R- Emergency Drone Shell: At the start of the game, a Hook is transformed into an Alcove. Moderately Decreases Protocol III Duration (-15 sec.)

R- Regenerative Updates: After using an Alcove, aura of all Survivors are revealed for 3 seconds.

R- Planetary Tuner: Slightly faster Alcove Entity progression (1%.). Increase Protocol I special action available charges by 1.

VR: Optical Implants: Moderately decrease charging time for Protocol III special lunge attack.

VR: Hostile Configuration: You become Obsessed with one survivor. When your Obsession starts repairing an Assimilated generator, all survivors working on that generator scream. Then, that generator is blocked by the Entity and cannot be repaired for 16 seconds.

VR: Main Alcove: At the start of the game, a Hook is transformed into an Alcove

UR: Species 8472 Sample: The first Assimilated Survivor gain a 32 meters Terror Radius.

UR: Iridescent Omega Molecule: The Borg's Power is locked on Protocol I. Speed increased by 0.8m/s. The Borg can also "Assimilate" Dying Survivors at will. At the start of the game, a Hook is transformed into an Alcove. When the Borg uses an Alcove, all Assimilated Windows, Lockers, Generators and Hooks receive Protocol II effects and the Borg receives the ability to also "Assimilate" during chase and a 32m Terror Radius for 60 seconds and. The Borg can use again the Alcove after 120 seconds. "For 3.2 seconds, i saw perfection!" - Annika Hansen

Mori Animation: The borg injects the survivor with his assimilation tubules. The survivor collapse, twitching and black veins start to cover their face. The Borg types an order on an interface on its right arm and a green colored teleportation visual effect abduct the survivor.

New Survivor: Annika Hansen "Seven of Nine"

Seven of Nine, Annika Hansen and Young Annika

Annika Hansen is a former Human Borg Drone known as Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01. She was liberated by the crew of the federal spaceship USS Voyager, during their journey in the Delta Quadrant. Later in her life, in an attempt to explore her humanity, she traveled and found a new home in the ranks of the Fenris Rangers, a group of private vigilantes comitted to fighting outlaws and smugglers operating outside federal influence.

Her new adventurous life was quite fitting but her experience in Borg technology was still highly requested from her old federal allies. During one of her quest, she was interrupted by a call from the USS Margrave, a Class Akira warship. The captain told her about a brief and terrifying encounter with a strange Borg Cube, wrapped in a thick mist, able to absorb energy from the USS Margrave's weaponry. With no hesitation, Hannika accepted to join the the captain and his crew to elaborate a research on this new kind of Borg. They departed for the sector where the encounter took place but no one ever saw again the USS Margrave.

Trivia: Annika's Appearance

A blonde human female in her 50s. A remnant of her ocular implant covers her left eyebrow. She's dressed with a dark grey shirt, a green sweater, a brown jacket and khaki pants. Skins: Common skin of the Borg Queen's black eyes effect. Uncommon skins of Voyager's younger Annika (blue dress and bordeaux dress) and Voyager's Borg Seven of Nine.

Perks: Annika's Perks " Seven's Nanoprobes", "Fenris Ranger" and "Borg Queen's Whispers" enhance the survivor's resistences and efficiency when the team is overwhelmed by threaths.

Seven's Nanoprobes: A small reserve of upgraded regenerative nanoprobes. Increase healing progress without med-kit by 10%. Survivors healed by you without the use of a med-kit have access to the same healing progress bonus for 30/35/45 seconds.

"If you think my participation in the… hoopla… would be beneficial to others, then I'll comply" - Annika Hansen

Fenris Ranger: In case the survivors ever need a vigilante. If you complete a Generator with the help of at least one survivor, while you are injured, you gain Endurance status effect for 5/10/15 seconds. This perk has 120 seconds of cooldown.

"... we're both working on it. Aren't we?" "Every damn day of my life" - Jean-Luc Picard and Annika Hansen, talking about regaining humanity.

Borg Queen's Whispers: You can accept her calling, but are you willing to pay the price?

• For every non-healthy survivor except you, you gain 3/4/5% Repair, Sabotage, Cleansing, Exit Gate and Chest opening speed.
  • When a survivor is placed on a Hook, you gain 5% Haste for 4/6/8 seconds.
  • Increase the odds of being the Obsession.

"... Annika still has work to do." - Borg Queen

New Map Set: Starship Misty Graveyard

Interior of a Borg Ship

• Borg Sphere Wreckage: The Borg sphere is ripped open and only a flickering energy shield protect the map from the vacuum of outer space. One floor map, small, composed by large main hallways leading to numerous small rooms, crowded by monitors and assorted Borg equipment. The hallways are interconnected by extremely narrow and long corridors. The hole in the sphere's hull shows a panorama of a beautiful lush world half engulfed by the fog.
  • Assimilated USS Margrave: Medium map on two floors. Both floors develop from an elliptical central hallway. The first floor lead to the bridge of the ship, located on the east side. Here, the Margrave seems in good shape, except for the flickering lighting that can be repaired by completing the generator hidden in the bridge room. The first floor is a simple maze of connected large rooms. From the bridge you can see the outer space and the Borg Cube covered in mist. This bright floor contains one of the Exit Gates, on the north side, resembling a cargo elevator. Four turbolifts can be activated to reach the other floor. The ground floor resemble the dark and misty environment of the Borg Sphere and many rooms are here substitued by an intricate net of narrow corridors. The second Exit Gate is in the south side of the second floor.
  • Lost Borg Cube: Large map. The ground floor is in square shape. An extremely dense labirinth made of the same narrow corridors seen in the other two maps. At the north-west corner, there is a small two floors structure with a basement and a glass window that overlooks the map. Two stairs lead to an elevated hallway that runs along the edges of the main floor. The hallway in turn leads to two mezzanine floors that extend out the edges of the ground floor. At least one of them will contain a generator. The entire map is just a small part of a gigantic room that trembles during the entirety of the game, illuminated by green lighting and small explosion of sparks. Four screens hanging from the ceiling allow the players to see what's happening outside the Borg ship: The Cube is under attack, surrounded by Starfleet ships.
Post edited by Drae on

Comments

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

This is awesome!

• Deadlock
    Deadlock Member Posts: 215
    Options

Jesus this is amazing. Good work!

• Drae
    Options

Thank you!

There's something you like in particular? Or something you don't like? any advice is more then welcome :)

• Deadlock
    Deadlock Member Posts: 215
    Options

I cant say there is one particular thing about it that I like. I love the power if I had to pick. Its also very organized and formal.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

I'm very confused by the power.

• Drae
    Options

My bad. I'll try to explain it now. The Borg's power is similar to The Shape's. The difference is that the Borg is free to switch the ranks of his power, after the first gen is completed. He doesn't have to charge a bar like Michael Myers. Instead, he can switch his power rank by interacting with an alcove. The alcove also function as a more powerful hook, they don't do anything else. The only thing that change at every power rank is how "Assimilation" work. During Protocol I, he can Assimilate only a small number of objects. During Protocol II he can assimilate survivors but only when in dying state. During Protocol III the ability to assimilate become an instadown with a long animation. that's it.

Let's summarize with the help of the Shape, the killer that i used as the skeleton of the Borg's Power.

• During Evil Within I, the Shape is undetectable, has no red stain, no terror radius, he is slightly slower and has a malus on his lunge range. During Protocol I, the Borg can be detected but has no red stain, no terror raidus, he is slow as the Nurse and can Assimilate objects.
    • To get to a new rank of Evil Within, The Shape must stalk survivors until his bar is full. The Borg can get new ranks of his Protocol by interacting with an alcove, at will.
    • During Evil Within II, The Shape has a small terror radius, normal speed and increased vaulting speed. During Protocol II, the Borg has a normal terror radius, normal speed and can Assimilate dying survivors.
    • During Evil Within III, The Shape can insta-down survivors for 60 seconds and has bonus vaulting speed and lunge range. During Protocol III, the Borg can insta-down for 60 seconds.
    • Only survivors with the Assimilation status effect can be sacrificed at an alcove.

The Borg basically act like the Shape but is slower, less stealthy, more free and has the assimilation system instead of a bunch of bonuses.

• Exerath1992
    Options

Kay, that makes sense to me, but raises a few questions. So until the first gen is done, you're stuck in proto1 and your power is basically useless because you don't have any naturally generated alcoves, and you move slower. You can go and assimilate 2 hooks, 2 gens, 2 lockers, and 2 windows during this time, assuredly in a concentrated area to set up for a 3 gen. But the counter play for this seems obvious: survivors will 99% several gens while you're less of a threat, and then pop up to 4 all at once. Sure, then you can protect your 3 gen effectively, but you spent most of the match as an ineffective killer. Maybe including 1 alcove at the start would be smart, so the survivors don't have total control of when his power is viable.

Also, would later gens popping move him to proto2 if he's in proto1, or is that only the 1st hook?

I think its a fun and interesting idea for sure, but I would suggest getting rid of proto 2 and making it where you can assimilate downed survs in proto 1, and move at regular speed. When you move to proto3 (now proto2), then all the assimilated items get their debuff and you can now Insta down assimilated survs, and maybe non-assimilated survivors get a hindered or oblivious status effect. Since you have to go to an alcove to trigger it, survivors will steer clear of you when you head towards one, especially if they've been assimilated. Maybe in order to activate proto2, there has to be at least 1 assimilated survivor?

• Exerath1992
    Options

"would later gens popping move him to proto2 if he's in proto1, or is that only the 1st *gen*?"

• Drae
    edited November 2020
    Options

Yes, fair enough, the starting alcove is something that should be a baseline thing. i'll change that. I'm probably gonna get rid of the alcove save triggering protocol III. Survs should not have complete control over his power. But i'll leave the first gen triggering Protocol II (to answer your question, yes that triggers only when the first gen is completed), i think it adds some hurry in the set up phase, just to keep up the pace with the rest of the match. Anyway, you can spend remaining Object Assimilation tokens in later Protocol I activations. It is not game breaking the loss of the first set up phase.

I thought about getting rid of Protocol II too but i feel it is necessary. Without it, the power just become a blind race to the closest alcove with pretty hard punishments if you mess up a couple of chases. Also Protocol I risks to be too crowded of effects. There must be an interlude to smooth the system. Also that absence would make the insta-down phase too common. He would become too strong. Protocol II also help to not get punished too hard for a wrong timing in reaching an alcove. Get into Protocol III and complete a successful insta-down are a big sacrifice of time, BIG. The insta-down takes 7 seconds of animation (i'll reduce it to 6 maybe). Protocol II is a moment were you are still deadly as a normal killer, that gives you the time to valuate the right moment to switch to Protocol III without losing pressure. Also i have to consider one last thing. the passive style of Protocol I is important lore-wise. Fundamental. It is not that punishing being slow during a set-up phase anyways. Killers like Hag and Trapper hardly interact with survivors if they have the opportunity to set up a good kill zone. The Borg is also nearly completely stealthy, a good player can still creep up to a survivor on a gen or a totem, even as slow as the nurse. I think that the starting alcove will balance enough the negative side of Protocol I.

As you can see, i've thought quite alot on this matter. The last Add-on, the Iridescent Omega Molecule, is the power you suggested.

• Exerath1992
    Options

Gotcha, i see your points, makes sense. It feels like protocol 2 seems a bit weak for me. I know all your assimilated stuff is now affected, but i feel like it would be really hard to down someone because you're basically an m1 killer for the first 2 phases. Maybe in phase 2 he could get TR reduction or something to give him a bit more edge. Idk. Great idea though buddy

• Drae
    Options

Thank you for your suggestion :) really appreciated.

I've added the starting Alcove. Alcove saves do not trigger Protocol III anymore. I've also slightly modified the wording in a couple of sentences. Probably i will adjust something in Protocol II in the future but for now it looks good. Thank you again!

• Exerath1992
    Options

Happy to provide feedback. I've done 3 chapter ideas like this. Could I get your feedback on them? Either on suggestions for the ideas or for how to get people to give feedback? They've generally just sat there with no comments and its pretty deflating. You get a lot of feedback and im impressed

• Drae
    Options

Ah sure sure, i'll see them as soon as i can. I have no much experience on dbd fan made, but sure.

Hot to get people to give feedback. This one is tricky. Let's start from the easiest part. If you get at least one comment, answer to them and ask for further suggestions and partecipation, as i did with the member that commented before you. Engage a conversation.

(and thanks again Deadlock. Then, i'll keep this format for the next chapter)

If no one has left a comment, maybe there is something in your concept that doesn't work. Maybe it doesn't attract discussion for some internal reasons. That's why i worked on The Borg for a lot of time. I posted this chapter only when i was sure that i've covered nearly everything. If you look at it now, you have just to find some pictures and a soundtrack to play while reading it and you can basically imagine a whole gameplay of it. That's the reason why we all like to write these kind of things. We are building a personal experience of this little world of DBD. The more complete is the experience you provide, the more the people want to spend some time on it. I have some experience in that, i write for fun in my free time (and i have a lot of free time now, unfortunately) and i'm a fairly expert Dungeons&Dragons dungeon master, as an amateur i have my share of experience in world building and self-made content, this helped me of course. I'll provide you more indepth suggestions on everything you asked for in your discussions, if i'm able.

• Drae
    Options

It is done :) i've covered all the suggestions you asked for :)

What do you think of the perks in the Borg and Annika concept?

• Exerath1992
    Options

Okay, so I can't really say much on the survivor character cause im a next gen star trek fan, but sounds cool enough lol.

Perk feedback

Tetryon Radiation: pretty cool. I feel was gonna say toolbox wouldn't come into play much but then I remembered sabotage and realized it has value. Very helpful for those that constantly try to blind you after dropping a pallet too

Hex: Hive Mind: The perk seems interesting, but firstly I want to clarify: does "travel phase" only count during the instant its changing totems or the entire time before it fully activates? If its the entire time, its definately over powered because that could be a ton of successful attack cool down, especially when paired with save the best for last. Technically, if you had both maxed you could probably have an instant cool down after hits which would be way too strong. I'd suggest dropping the missed attack cool down entirely, as the generation degradation increase and the exposed and aura generation is a lot of value already, especially considering you are likely to get value out of this perk no matter what, unlike most other hex perks, because of the totem constantly moving.

Resistance is Futile: This one seems a bit powerful as well. My first issue is that it assimilated them, which is specific to both already and gives him more value from the perk than it should. Maybe change them to "hacked" gens. Also, the repair reduction AND screaming AND gen blocking are a lot already. Maybe instead of gen blocking, it should give survivors something less debilitating, such as aura blindness.

• Exerath1992
    Options

specific to *borg* not both

• Exerath1992
    Options

Survivor perks:

Seven's Nanoprobes: seems pretty decent, would have good synergy with self care and botany knowledge

Fenris Ranger: strong. Endurance after healing or generator completion gives gen rushers a lot of endurance. I'd say just choose one and either reduce the cool down, increase the endurance time, or replace the removed trigger with maybe "after sabotaging the hook while another survivor is being carried

Borg Queen's Whispers: I see what you're going for, kinda a reverse thana, but its a bit strong. Maybe remove one of the buffs. Maybe make the gen bonus like 4%/6%/8% but only if 2+ other survivors are non-healthy, no stacking bonus.

• Drae
    edited November 2020
    Options

Really strange. I expected you would tell me the skills were too weak.

Your're right on the survivor side, yes. Fenris Ranger needs a little usage nerf. I will get rid of the healing trigger. The sabotage thing i think it is too strong. Also the Borg Queen Whispers need a nerf, maybe a bigger one. It was originally intended to give a lot of action speed in exchange for some malus. I will remove the haste bonus and maybe replace it with a malus. I just need to figure out what kind of malus.

On the contrary, i do not agree on the killer perks. Let's start with Hex: Hive Mind. Yes, the travel phase is all the time before its real activation. But that's not that strong, is just a defensive mechanic. And even if it managed to visit all the dull totems it would grant only 20% of bonus miss and successful attack cd recover. Save the best for last can grant 45% permanent bonus if you kill the obsession and Unrelenting grants 30% of missed attacks recovery. But it would hardly visit all the dull totem before one or more of them get destroyed anyways. The killer have to defend the hex totem AND all the dull totems to ensure the max bonus and even if the killer achieve this task, it means that probably no dull totem got destroyed at all and the Exposed part of the perk would not even activate. It self-nerfs when get too strong. Maybe i will change a little bit the wording to limit the exposed effect only to those that destroyed a non visited dull totem, to make the self- nerf unavoidable. I'll think about it. Now, Resistance is Futile. Actually the fact that it Assimilates is something that plays against the Borg. In the Borg's power i specified that he cannot assimilate more then two identical object at the same time. Yes it helps him spread better the assimilation to other objects but the Borg can't stack more gens. If the Borg uses Resistance is Futile, he cannot even choose what gens will be assimilated. If i change the wording, the Borg would be able to assimilate other 2 gens or stack the progression malus on the "hacked" gens. Your suggestion would make it even stronger. Yes, It slows down gens, make people scream and enitity blocks. But it will activate only if the obsession happens to start repair one of the assimilated gens and it will block only that gen. A survivor in swf that is not the obsession can even try to guess if the generator is assimilated by its slowed down progression and communicate it to others. The gen lock is minuscule and it will hardly happen more then a couple of time per game.

Thanks again for the support to my concept :)

Post edited by Drae on
  • Exerath1992
    Options

I totally see what you're saying about resistance is futile, totally makes sense now. And I guess if you're that confident on hive mind, not much i can do, but I would at least add the does not stack caveat to the successful attack stun reduction

• Drae
    edited November 2020
    Options

I've nerfed Fenris Ranger. Also, i've added some images, without it was just a boring wall of words lol.

Not sure yet on what kind of negative effect should have Borg's Queen Whispers and for Hex: Hive Mind i'm probably gonna wait. I totally see why you are concerned about that bonus. Maybe a third voice will figure if there is space for a nerf or not.

Probably in the next days i will return on the power. It is in a good shape but i wonder if i'm able to smooth it a little bit more.

Edit: I've changed the wording in some parts of the power. I've also nerfed Protocol II by removing the second selfspawned alcove.

Post edited by Drae on