A list of all Animated Killer Cosmetics in Dead by Daylight as of 11/8/2020

So I did a bit of counting and I looked through all of the killer cosmetics to point out which ones are animated and which ones are not. I did NOT count effects on cosmetics or physics (such as blight falling off the blight cosmetics or clothes flopping around when you spin characters) but below I listed all of the cosmetics that have in some way, shape or form animation. Recolors I also did not count.

Wraith - The Heart of Miss Smithson. The heart pulses and beats within the weapon.

Wraith - The Fire Within. Fire on his back flickers, moves, and even has physics.

Nurse - Dripping Uniform. Her blight cosmetic has pulsating organs on her torso. Gross, but still animated, although minor.

Hag - Mud Medusa set. Veins are animated throughout the weapon and body AND the snakes on her head twitch and move.

Hag - Teratoma. Both of the mouths on this cosmetic move in sync. A bit petty, but Im counting it.

Doctor - Mind's Eye. The multiple eyes move on their own and twitch.

Doctor - Bloody Intestine's. You can see blight running through the tubes in his stomach.

Doctor - Corroded Eyepieces. The gears inside his head move and turn on their own.

Doctor - Auto Lobotamizer. The little metal arms twitch, stab, and wiggle all on their own.

Pig - Twister Trifoil Blade. The drill bit is literally always spinning. Also comes with its own hit sound.

Pig - The Saw. Metalic mini saw, moves and wiggles on its own. Also has a different hit sound.

Clown - Smell My Pustula - The Entity tendrils on the flower wiggle and move.

Spirit - Fused Demon - The eyeball inside her forehead moves and twitches.

Plague - Dark Devotee set - The maggots writhe and twist on her skin. It's disgusting, but it counts.

Oni - Literally every body and head cosmetic.

Blight - Parasitic Pustula The tendrils and flowers inside his mouth move.

Blight - Engorged Canker - The tendrils on his back move and wiggle.

So.....why is Never Stop Slashing not animated again? Even if it didn't change expressions based on you using your power, if the expression just changed every few seconds it would still somewhat hold the original artist's vision. So whats the excuse we're going to hear this time?

Also side note, please for the love of god stop removing the glowing bits from cosmetics. Legion's Day of the Dead skins don't glow like they're supposed to and the Blighted cosmetics from last event also have lost their glow.

Comments

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    edited November 2020

I think the difference is those cosmetics the pieces are moving, what needed to happen with Never Stop Slashing is the mask actually needed to change facial expressions when certain actions were done. It's more complex than move a tendril on the back of blight or make the heart beat on one of Wraith's weapons.

• Peppa_Pigsaw
    Peppa_Pigsaw Member Posts: 184

The thing is they could could have done something like that with Never Stop Slashing, they could have just had the mask change expressions say every 20 seconds or so. That woulnd't have been hard to code at all and would have been closer to the original idea than what we got. What we got was a stock Legion mask recolor that looks like plastic with literally nothing unique about it

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,144

It's really disappointing that the new Legion mask isn't animated in some way. What they created is so boring and lackluster, there's no personality to it.

I also wish they'd put the glowing bits back on the cosmetics. My Legion Day of the Dead cosmetics are just crappy without the awesome glow.

• Kjetrr
    Kjetrr Member Posts: 43

The last bit is what annoys me the most; even if the animation was impossible due to whatever reason, they could at least have bothered to make the mask's texture/surface material fit the original design.

It has the wrong type of gloss (as you mentioned it looks like plastic, not glass) and the material is barely visible, making it look like a grey blob.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

Dude, how exactly do you propose that they make the Legion mask change expression? Like, solve the design problem and show us your steps. Because, if your answer is, "Do the same thing you do to change the size/position/rotation of a mesh," changing the size, position, or rotation of the Legion mask is not going to change the expression in the way the concept art proposed.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Even if not in the same way as the concept art (i.e. it changes based on the situation) if they can do the other animations then they can have it change in some way. Otherwise it's just a recolour of the default mask, which there are already plenty of

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

This post made me remember that hitting someone with myer's pipe makes a slashing sound for some reason

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

The whole Legion mask thing never bothered me. This, however, bothers me.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

yOu dOnT uNdEsTaNd tHiS iS dIfFeReNt

So sad that Legion's cosmetic was literally ruined by lazyness.