No One Left Behind needs a WAY more powerful effect for its brief utilisation period.

Initially, I was pleased with the updated NOLB. It was leaps and bounds better than what it used to be.

Still though, it simply doesn’t provide enough for the one period of the game it’s active. Particularly now that Desperate Measures is in the game, providing a benefit all match round (when needed). It’s been fun experimenting Desperate Measures + NOLB for super fast endgame hook rescues, but in truth it’s still so rare that unhooks are required AFTER a gate is open, that NOLB is not worth the perk slot.

Why can’t it activate upon the exit gates being POWERED, not opened?

If they’re stringent on sticking with the “once one gate is open” caveat, it really needs to be way stronger than it currently is.

• constantly see the killers aura in conjunction with seeing the survivors auras?
  • Up the altruism action speed to 100%?
  • Gain endurance so that you can take a protection hit for others if you’re injured?

Currently, of all the endgame perks, NOLB is the weakest. It’s also one of the weakest perks period! At least Hope, Adrenaline, or Wake Up can still be helpful to the last survivor left alive if the killer closes the hatch.

Comments

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

I wouldn't complain if it were buffed given the niche situations that it becomes useful in. But I think all that needs to be done, as you said, is just make it activate when the final gen is completed.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

I mean while people are calling for perk variance, it's not an unreasonable request to add something to the more niche perks.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Ya I feel like its name should be something like:

"Follow me Into the Light"

or

"Follow the Light"

It would make a lot of thematic sense if it was changed to activate when the gens get done and the "The Light is let in"(Quoting the entity from the killer tutorial when it says to stop the gens from "Letting in the light in.").

• anprimgang1978
    anprimgang1978 Member Posts: 21

I never understood why it doesn't work like how hope works, the effect of the perk should trigger once the last gen is finished, not once the gates are opened, especially since the meta of the game basically requires you to 99 the gates if you need to help a teammate. I have a few builds where I run all altruistic perks so I would definitely would appreciate if it was buffed

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

It should activate upon a survivor entering within 16 meters of a powered gate and stay active from then on.

• Randomplayer545
    Randomplayer545 Member Posts: 21

i agree the bonus blood points and 50% healing speed is great but the thing about it is that ENDGAME has to start in order for any of that to actually activate, so in a way you have a perk that just sits there all game usually not even be used. (maybe at least make it where the perk activates when the gates are POWERED instead of it being were they have to be OPEN.)