Xbox Series X

I just got my game installed and the game flat out crashes when I select “Play As Survivor”. I’ve completely restarted the console twice and it freezes up and kicks me out once it should be loading the survivors selection screen.

Is anyone else getting this bug?

Comments

• Magistrix86
    Magistrix86 Member Posts: 6
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Uggh don’t say this. I just got home from work and am about to set it up. Fml

• Jesya

Sooo I just downloaded the game. Waited for it to update completely and having the same issue as you

good times

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

i played it twice, it crashed twice ...

one time in the menu as soon as other players showed up, second time after the match

+ the UI is VERY small =/

i hope there will be a fix soon

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited November 2020

These next-gen ports were supposed to bring with it 4K visuals and 60fps. But another glitch? I guess it wouldn't be DBD if it didn't work properly.🙄

I play on PS4 but would like to play on my new Xbox Series X too. Considering this is the grindiest game ever though, I'll wait until cross progression is initiated because there's no way I'm buying this game twice.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

@SweetTerror If you have Game pass you don't need to buy it twice.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Just want to congratulate you for your immaculate taste in killers

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

True which is nice, but I was simply referring to all of the cosmetics and killers that I already have purchased on PS4.

• MindGame3301
    MindGame3301 Member Posts: 129
    edited November 2020

When will it be fixed

• Jesya

It's at the top of the forums

'We are aware that some of our players are currently having issues in loading into games on the Xbox Series X |S - please rest assured that this issue is being given our fullest attention and we appreciate your patience. We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused."

Also, it was posted to twitter and on their discord.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Don't hold your breath for cross-progression. Sony and Microsoft won't want players switching platforms so are unlikely to allow it.

• jjb985
    jjb985 Member Posts: 60

Tried mine last night it's funny they say " Some players " I'd say it's 100% of series x players. Mines unplayable also. Looking to playing something else. Behavior is more concerned with skins and streamers then fixing the game or even testing console versions. Can't wait for Outriders. Goodbye DbD

• jjb985
    jjb985 Member Posts: 60
    edited November 2020

The UI being small is normal for higher resolution games. Most of my new series X upgraded games have smaller ui or field of view sliders etc because you are now 4x the resolution. Just pay attention to streamers or pc players menus they are identical now.

• m3rrillocity
    m3rrillocity Member Posts: 6

may 5th, 2021---first time playing the game on series S I got stuck in a lobby with killer leaving as soon as they joined every time. through out the rest of the day I havent found a single lobby as survivor or killer. And seeing as its been 7 months, I guess the plan to fix it isnt going well.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

I know it's been a few months since the OP had posted but I have the Series X and I've had nothing but smooth sailing with it when it comes to DBD.

That's probably not terribly helpful but I imagine it's something then on your end rather than the games end as I imagine there would be a lot more complaining from Series X owners if the game just plain didn't work at all on it.