The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The reason why I can’t stand survivors

who’s the toxic one?

the person who gets pissed after the match, or the dumbass who’s crouching near the hook because a Freddy is camping and he’s too scared to go in for the save. 

Comments

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

The major in this example. Being toxic in post game chat is...well, toxic. Waiting by the hook to see if there is a chance to save is not being toxic.

• michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    Killigma said:

The major in this example. Being toxic in post game chat is...well, toxic. Waiting by the hook to see if there is a chance to save is not being toxic.

I consider that toxic. It’s ridiculous. Freddy is crapnfor the exact reason. Hook saves are incredibly easier against him than the other killers. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Waiting over ten seconds by a hook is, That's someone not doing gens
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    The crouching when Freddy is camping has me triggered.

One time all the gates were powered and I was hooked (first hook by the way). This STUPID Meg crouched and wouldn’t unhook me when it was a FREDDY who was camping. I went into the struggle phase and she FINALLY unhooked me and I made a run for the gate. Long story short I was downed and I died.

Fellow survivors, if all the gates are powered and you know Freddy does not have NOED and your teammate is on the hook...do not crouch and wait for Freddy to leave. Freddy is not the killer for camping and they can make a break for the exit gate.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@MegMain98 said:

One time all the gates were powered and I was hooked (first hook by the way). This STUPID Meg crouched and wouldn’t unhook me when it was a FREDDY who was camping. I went into the struggle phase and she FINALLY unhooked me and I made a run for the gate. Long story short I was downed and I died.

Fellow survivors, if all the gates are powered and you know Freddy does not have NOED and your teammate is on the hook...do not crouch and wait for Freddy to leave. Freddy is not the killer for camping and they can make a break for the exit gate.

Most people don't know about a camping Freddy and how to deal with him, if the person in the dream world or he's already started the transition they'll get downed too.

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130

@MegMain98 said:

I had something similar happen to me today but Freddie was not camping, a Nea ran to me, unhooked me and than tried to open the exit gate. It was my first hooking to so she could have gotten us both out. Farmers are everywhere!

• Waffle
    Waffle Member Posts: 24

I wouldn’t consider standing next to you while your on a hook toxic. If he wasn’t in Dream World, then he could have been looking for moving grass, if there was any grass. And if he was in Dream World it would have been really dumb to save you.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Freddy is terrible at camping. It's obviously the survivors fault. 
    But survivors somehow are convinced that Freddy is OP.
  • Waffle
    Waffle Member Posts: 24

@Tsulan said:

Just because he can’t grab you when your getting the survivor off the hook doesn’t make him bad. He can pull both of them in to the Dream World, chase one, down them. Then check around the map for the other ones aura, if there still I’m the Dream World but you can’t see there aura then they are in your terror radius. If you can see there auto go to then and down them. Also you can still see downed survivors auras, so you can leave them and chase someone else, down them and come back to the other, if there still on the floor. So I wouldn’t say he’s terrible at camping.

• Tsulan
    Waffle said:

@Tsulan said:

Just because he can’t grab you when your getting the survivor off the hook doesn’t make him bad. He can pull both of them in to the Dream World, chase one, down them. Then check around the map for the other ones aura, if there still I’m the Dream World but you can’t see there aura then they are in your terror radius. If you can see there auto go to then and down them. Also you can still see downed survivors auras, so you can leave them and chase someone else, down them and come back to the other, if there still on the floor. So I wouldn’t say he’s terrible at camping.

They get a 7 second headstart. That's like a BT lite.
  • Rune
    Rune Member Posts: 17

@Tsulan said:
    Waffle said:

@Tsulan said:

"headstart" indicates that you can't chase during that time, and you can. why do you think tunneling freddies are so viable?

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited September 2018

@Rune said:

"headstart" indicates that you can't chase during that time, and you can. why do you think tunneling freddies are so viable?

Because he can simply put the freshly unhooked survivor asleep only while ignoring the other.

Other who can't bodyblock him to protect the first survivor.

"Headstart" also mean that 7 seconds is way enough time to go at the nearest loop spot or Jungle gym.

• Tsulan
    Rune said:

@Tsulan said:
    Waffle said:

@Tsulan said:

If you tunnel with Freddy, you are playing him wrong. 
  • MegMain98

@Tsulan said:
    Rune said:

@Tsulan said:

Waffle said:

@Tsulan said:

Then tell that to every Freddy who tunnels the obsession when they run Remember Me.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited September 2018

@MegMain98 said:

If he's running stacked blocks you don't want to do that. He can put the guy to sleep really fast, you'd need BT like any other killer to make the save. And if he's a smart Freddy he won't put anyone else to sleep and you won't be able to body block.

• Tsulan
    MegMain98 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Rune said:

@Tsulan said:

Waffle said:

@Tsulan said:

Then tell that to every Freddy who tunnels the obsession when they run Remember Me.

What's next? Survivors complaining about being tunneled by Dying Light users?
  • MegMain98

@Tsulan said:
    MegMain98 said:

@Tsulan said:

Rune said:

@Tsulan said:

Waffle said:

@Tsulan said: Freddy is terrible at camping. It's obviously the survivors fault.  But survivors somehow are convinced that Freddy is OP. Just because he can’t grab you when your getting the survivor off the hook doesn’t make him bad. He can pull both of them in to the Dream World, chase one, down them. Then check around the map for the other ones aura, if there still I’m the Dream World but you can’t see there aura then they are in your terror radius. If you can see there auto go to then and down them. Also you can still see downed survivors auras, so you can leave them and chase someone else, down them and come back to the other, if there still on the floor. So I wouldn’t say he’s terrible at camping.

You just said “If you tunnel with Freddy, you are playing him wrong.” There is a reason that killers get a 1K when they tunnel.

• MegMain98

@thesuicidefox said:

@MegMain98 said:

If he's running stacked blocks you don't want to do that. He can put the guy to sleep really fast, you'd need BT like any other killer to make the save. And if he's a smart Freddy he won't put anyone else to sleep and you won't be able to body block.

The point is that it was end game with no NOED and the gates were open. He had no stacked blocks and it was a seven second transition. No point trying to play the urban immersion role when Freddy is obviously gonna camp (how any Freddy players camps don’t ask me).

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Tsulan said:
    MegMain98 said:

They have a point, killers say do this then when they say that's a bad idea get a response like yours.

• Tsulan
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    MegMain98 said:

They have a point, killers say do this then when they say that's a bad idea get a response like yours.

I stand to my opinion. The rule is, if a Freddy camps or tunnels, he's playing him wrong. 
    As with any rule, exceptions apply.

Remember Me and Dying Light are both terrible perks. The killer wastes to much time focusing on that single survivor and therefore loses.

Better?
  • HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

Yes, all the people who play survivor are the exact same person, same opinions, same play style, same hairdo probably. Man, I hate generalizing. :'(

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited September 2018

@HookedonDemand said:
    Yes, all the people who play survivor are the exact same person, same opinions, same play style, same hairdo probably. Man, I hate generalizing. :'(

"Not all [blank]" gets thrown out the window when it's the majority of people one encounters.

• HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

"Not all [blank]" gets thrown out the window when it's the majority of people one encounters.

The majority (even if it that wasn't a completely subjective impression to begin with) is still not all of them. Does it not bother you when people say that all killers facecamp since they have no skill as if that applies to you as well, even if they're only talking about one specific killer in one match ?

Putting everyone down just because they share one thing doesn't help having civil discussions. You preemptively insult people by doing that.

• Orion

@HookedonDemand said:

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

The majority (even if it that wasn't a completely subjective impression to begin with) is still not all of them. Does it not bother you when people say that all killers facecamp since they have no skill as if that applies to you as well, even if they're only talking about one specific killer in one match ?

Putting everyone down just because they share one thing doesn't help having civil discussions. You preemptively insult people by doing that.

It bothers me because I know they're making ######### up and trying to insult people because they're bad themselves. However, I also know that Survivors are overwhelmingly more toxic than Killers, and anyone who's been here from the start can attest to that.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    When I first started playing I thought the same but I encountered so many toxic killers that I see no difference. I always played respectfully, never teabag, never used ds nor planning to etc. What did I got? Face camp, hard tunnel, being hit while hooked, lag switch, nod, dc whenever they don't like items, offerings, outcome after the failed chase and lots of other stuff.

Let me be clear, I don't mind any perks that killers use nor do I mind being camped or tunneled when it's done normally, never. What I do mind is being abused for no reason  and killers doing uneccessary stuff which are meant to provoke me.
  • Orion

@Eveline said:
    When I first started playing I thought the same but I encountered so many toxic killers that I see no difference. I always played respectfully, never teabag, never used ds nor planning to etc. What did I got? Face camp, hard tunnel, being hit while hooked, lag switch, nod, dc whenever they don't like items, offerings, outcome after the failed chase and lots of other stuff.

Let me be clear, I don't mind any perks that killers use nor do I mind being camped or tunneled when it's done normally, never. What I do mind is being abused for no reason  and killers doing uneccessary stuff which are meant to provoke me.

That's because you haven't been here from the start, trust me.

• thesuicidefox
    edited September 2018

@Tsulan said:
    I stand to my opinion. The rule is, if a Freddy camps or tunnels, he's playing him wrong. 

Remember Me and Dying Light are both terrible perks. The killer wastes to much time focusing on that single survivor and therefore loses.

If you run Dying Light with Class Photo then tunneling is VERY effective. You use CP to find the obsession, and if you can kill them before they finish 3 gens you can lock down the game for an eternity as long as you just keep sleeping them with CP. Obviously you'd need a mori, Ruin, and stuff, but Freddy can be seriously effective at tunneling the DL obsession if you use CP. He also has Black Box, which goes well with Remember Me. The trick is you need to do a build around these perks for them to be effective. But if done right, then a Freddy tunnel can win you the game in ways other killers can't do (because they lack tools to find the obsession so fast). IMO Freddy is the only character that can use DL effectively because of CP and BB.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    MegMain98 said:

Better?
    High risk high reward the dying light effect is nasty ya you can lose the game because you overcommit to it and the survivours is good but if they mess up a lot this perk can easily secure yiu a 4k. Besides playing a nix up of differents builds is fun for me. One day ill be playing an all hex totem build anither day ill be playing mori dying light freddy. Eventually you get tired of enduring bbq nurses ruin builds and you want to mix it up. End game builds are cool too sometimes. If you want to play optimum builds all the time it gets old fast. 
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited September 2018

Dying Light and End-Game Freddy are ######### disgusting.

Makes me proud to be a Freddy main so I can abuse these builds.

• thesuicidefox
    edited September 2018

@Mc_Harty said:
    Dying Light and End-Game Freddy are [BAD WORD] disgusting.

Makes me proud to be a Freddy main so I can abuse these builds.

Yea I played a game with Remember Me, Rancor, Blood Warden, and NOED, with Class Photo and Black Box just to see how it works out. The plan was to just chase the obsession literally all game to waste all the pallets, let the rest just do the gens, and kill the guy with Rancor at the end with full stacks of RM. Then go find someone, sleep everyone, slug them with NOED, then take the hooks. I hate using NOED but dude, this build is a monster. Obsessions have given up before the end and the rest of the team had no idea what hit them. It's disgusting.

• burntFuse
    burntFuse Member Posts: 290

Every single time I play survivor my teammates either DC when they get downed or kill themselves on the hook before I have a chance to rescue them. So this situation never happens.