If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Killers need more rewards.

Options

As it stands Survivors can pull out any item from a chest and with proper perk with almost any add on. I think it would improve the over all killer moon if the entity gave us Killers something a little extra per kill. 1 kill drops a uncommon add on for the killer power, 2nd kill drops a rare, 3rd very rare, 4th ultra rare. What do you guys think?

Comments

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    Well what’s stopping a rank 1 killer from farming ultra rares on rank 20 survivors when the rank reset happens because at rank 20, survivors basically give you the 4 man. 
  • FoxWolfFrostFire
    FoxWolfFrostFire Member Posts: 197
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    Well what’s stopping a rank 1 killer from farming ultra rares on rank 20 survivors when the rank reset happens because at rank 20, survivors basically give you the 4 man. 

Wait...aren't the Survivor's also reset to rank twenty? I mean seems like they balance it out fine by default.

• ThePloopz
    Options

@ThePloopz said:

Wait...aren't the Survivor's also reset to rank twenty? I mean seems like they balance it out fine by default.

See but here’s thing if I’m a killer player I’m just gonna stay well below my rank to make sure I get 4k a majority of games so I never need to spend BP on add ons anymore. When I feel I have enough I’ll just rank up to where I belong. Also survivors can’t get any item with any attachments. I’ve never heard of anyone getting like a toolbox with a bnp in it or an insta heal med kit even if it’s possible it’s still extremely  rare and the survivor has to actually survive to keep it or hope the killer doesn’t have franklin’s. I have heard of people getting purple flashlights and purple toolboxes from chests but still they have to survive and not get franklin’s demised. And 4ks happen significantly more frequently than getting either of those out of a chest.
  • FoxWolfFrostFire
    edited June 2018
    Options
    ThePloopz said:

@ThePloopz said:

See but here’s thing if I’m a killer player I’m just gonna stay well below my rank to make sure I get 4k a majority of games so I never need to spend BP on add ons anymore. When I feel I have enough I’ll just rank up to where I belong. Also survivors can’t get any item with any attachments. I’ve never heard of anyone getting like a toolbox with a bnp in it or an insta heal med kit even if it’s possible it’s still extremely  rare and the survivor has to actually survive to keep it or hope the killer doesn’t have franklin’s. I have heard of people getting purple flashlights and purple toolboxes from chests but still they have to survive and not get franklin’s demised. And 4ks happen significantly more frequently than getting either of those out of a chest.
    I said any item with almost any add-on. No pinks that is the only limit and rather than just shooting the idea down which is super easy. Why not suggest how it should work. Also running the perks I get way more purples than 4ks
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

People forget Killers consume their addons every match whether they win or lose too, unlike Survivors.

Killers always get the short end of the stick.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@ThePloopz said:

So basically what survivors did during the free weekend...

• Mask_maker
    Mask_maker Member Posts: 28
    Options

As it stands Survivors can pull out any item from a chest and with proper perk with almost any add on. I think it would improve the over all killer moon if the entity gave us Killers something a little extra per kill. 1 kill drops a uncommon add on for the killer power, 2nd kill drops a rare, 3rd very rare, 4th ultra rare. What do you guys think?

The reward for us killers after each time we kill someone is that we have a little bit less BS to deal with ;) 
  • GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157
    Options

@FoxWolfFrostFire said:

As it stands, survivors search a chest, its almost always something brown or yellow. If we have plunderers instinct we get slightly better chances of getting something purple and green. If we add up the ante It (supposedly) increases our luck further to get better items (i dont see a difference). And last, ace in the hole perk... I havent used this one as much because our addons as survivor are'nt that helpful anyway. Ace in the hole does'nt give crucial addons like BnP or insta-heals. So, to run a chest luck build, you'd need to take those 3 perks. And you're off opening a minimum of 3 chests if you don't use a shiny coin, basically useless to your team in the beginning.

My point: There is a lot that goes into going for loot in a trial. Would you want to take in 3 perks for a CHANCE to get something nice? No, you're insisting you get guaranteed GREAT quality op add ons upon kills. Thats nothing like what the survivors go through.

• sokee
    sokee Member Posts: 5
    Options

@GolgiNea said:

@FoxWolfFrostFire said:

As it stands, survivors search a chest, its almost always something brown or yellow. If we have plunderers instinct we get slightly better chances of getting something purple and green. If we add up the ante It (supposedly) increases our luck further to get better items (i dont see a difference). And last, ace in the hole perk... I havent used this one as much because our addons as survivor are'nt that helpful anyway. Ace in the hole does'nt give crucial addons like BnP or insta-heals. So, to run a chest luck build, you'd need to take those 3 perks. And you're off opening a minimum of 3 chests if you don't use a shiny coin, basically useless to your team in the beginning.

My point: There is a lot that goes into going for loot in a trial. Would you want to take in 3 perks for a CHANCE to get something nice? No, you're insisting you get guaranteed GREAT quality op add ons upon kills. Thats nothing like what the survivors go through.

remeber survivor can always use offerings to get EVEN better things

• GolgiNea
    Options

@sokee said:

@GolgiNea said:

@FoxWolfFrostFire said:

remeber survivor can always use offerings to get EVEN better things

Either a luck offering (which in my experience i dont see the difference with luck on chests) or an offering for more chests. Honestly, try it as a survivor. Its not all that rewarding. Its a waste of 3 perk slots & If you make more chests then thats EVEN more time you're useless to your team. Then if you get something good you have to make it out with it. Oh and then theres franklins.... If survivors made killers drop their addons that wouldn't be fair. Lol.

• ThePloopz
    Options
    @GolgiNea luck is such bs in this game lol
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    edited June 2018
    Options
    ThePloopz said:
    Well, likewise, what is stopping a survivor from doing the exact same thing against new killers. Or going on a SWF and have others feed them items, or stealing someone else's item after they died.
  • GolgiNea
    edited June 2018
    Options

@PigNRun said:
    ThePloopz said:

Well, likewise, what is stopping a survivor from doing the exact same thing against new killers. Or going on a SWF and have others feed them items, or stealing someone else's item after they died.

Its not stealing, they died and they can't possibly regain that exaxct item from that trial.
    Edit: Unless someone gives the item back to them in the next trial or something.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
    Killers easily get 2x more BP on average than survivors do. Played optimally with Doc, offering, BBQC, it's 40k minimum, even on a losing game.

Why does there need to be more add-on saturation?
  • ThePloopz
    edited June 2018
    Options
    PigNRun said:
    ThePloopz said:
    Survivors cannot farm ultra rare add ons in this sense it’s impossible. They can farm bps yes but they have to actually spend the bps on the ultra rare add ons that they may or may not even get in their blood web. Where as in this suggestion killer can farm ultra rares without spending any bps on them or needing it in the blood web. I can already see the Michael player with 50+ unlimited tier 3s or the huntress with 50+ insta down hatches add ons ready to go within the first week of rank reset. Also doesn’t that make them no longer ultra rare since everyone would have a bunch of them? Like i can be completely new to the game with level 1 killers and if i get a 4k boom i have an ultra rare add ons no grind or bps required.
  • rha
    rha Member Posts: 408
    Options

My opinion: I'm glad that the Victory Cube with its kill focus is history. Introducing an incentive for killers to try hard for 4k each and every time to get ultra rare stuff ... nah. I'm not really kill focused, I'm happy if I get my four Barbecue stacks and every kill is just a bonus then. I could imagine I would be kind of frustrated if I'd miss out on add-on rewards because of my playstyle while everyone else is slugging for the 4k.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

The killer's bloodpoints is usually higher than survivors.
    When I play survivor, I already feel like I don't get good bp compared to killers tbh.

I'd prefer to simply have a way to eventually trade add-ons for the ones I like best.
    Like 3 common > 1 uncommon of your choice
    3 uncommon > 1 rare of your choice
    etc.

Or maybe just a rework of a lot of rather useless add-ons.

• Undying_Zombie
    Undying_Zombie Member Posts: 40
    Options

Personally I feel IF the killer manages to kill all survivors they should be able to keep their addons. But that is just my opinion on the matter. ( And yes only if they kill all 4. This would encourage killers to try to kill them all and give them a way to keep some of their stuff like survivors can. )

• FoxWolfFrostFire
    Options
    I see A LOT of none advice. Like no one outside a few are offering up an alternative. So I guess I will counter offer my own idea. What about 25% chance to keep your add on per kill? Maybe 20% since you know can't let the killer feel like they won too often otherwise it wouldn't be DBD
  • RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

@Runiver said:
    When I play survivor, I already feel like I don't get good bp compared to killers tbh.

I'd prefer to simply have a way to eventually trade add-ons for the ones I like best.
    etc.

It is true that per match survivors get considerably less blood points than Killer. The catch is that survivors can leave the match before the Killer. Trying to figure out the best side to play for bp is really just simple middle school math(linear equations, estimate the point of intersect).

• Frockz551
    Frockz551 Member Posts: 45
    Options

@GolgiNea said:

@FoxWolfFrostFire said:

Ye but you don't need any of those perks to be able to open a chest and get an item lol.

• Lumi83
    Lumi83 Member Posts: 66
    Options

I think it would be nice if the add-ons for killers would be x3 for common x2 for rare and stay at 1 for ultra rare per node on the bloodweb. something down the lines of that anyways. killers do have it a little harder in the addon department... as many of us depend on the addons for our killers to be somewhat viable.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@RagingCalm said:

@Runiver said:

etc.

It is true that per match survivors get considerably less blood points than Killer. The catch is that survivors can leave the match before the Killer. Trying to figure out the best side to play for bp is really just simple middle school math(linear equations, estimate the point of intersect).

This is true, but imo, this is heavily compensated by the fact that killers can get 20k+ BP in a 5mins game by destroying them, while survivors cannot get much in that time frame.
    Not to mention BBQ is a superior way to get BP compared to WGLF overall.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@ThePloopz said:

When a rank 1 killer faces rank 20 survivors it will result in a 4k no matter what addons he uses
    And if he doesnt manage to 4k, then there is sth wrong :wink:

• FoxWolfFrostFire
    Options

@Master said:

@ThePloopz said:

When a rank 1 killer faces rank 20 survivors it will result in a 4k no matter what addons he uses

There is something wrong. The idea that those survivors could also be rank one. Just on rank twenty accounts/Reset/etc. You're acting like it doesn't feel aweful as killer even if you get a 4k. I am just trying to suggest something to maybe make the killers not feel like total ######### and stressed out.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@FoxWolfFrostFire said:

@Master said:

@ThePloopz said:

There is something wrong. The idea that those survivors could also be rank one. Just on rank twenty accounts/Reset/etc. You're acting like it doesn't feel aweful as killer even if you get a 4k. I am just trying to suggest something to maybe make the killers not feel like total ######### and stressed out.

We were talking about true rank 20 survivors, at least that was the commented to which I reacted.

And yeah, playing killer is really stressfull and not enjoyable because you are not the powerrole. The balance basically contradicts the whole concept of the game

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    Killers easily get 2x more BP on average than survivors do. Played optimally with Doc, offering, BBQC, it's 40k minimum, even on a losing game.

Why does there need to be more add-on saturation?
    I’ll agree with this. We already get much more BP. It would depreciate the value of add ons. However, it would be nice if we had an option to toggle a “pick your favorite add-on” for each Killer. These add-ons would appear slightly more frequently in Bloodwebs than others. Like on a Trapper, I want setting tools and Tar Bottles, not Diamond Stones and crap.