Do you remember your first game as killer or survivor?

Yords
Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I remember many years ago (about three years) I was once a baby bill hiding in a locker when I heard the terror radius of the killer. I escaped that match. But not before I was hooked on the game. I remember that game, and how useless I was omg lol I did like half a gen if I remember correctly.

What about you? Do you remember your first games?

Comments

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

I was a baby doctor only got 1 kill and 2 hooks( this was before doc rework)

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I remember my first match, about 2.5 years ago? A little bit less, I got what people call now bullied, old MoM, insta heals, 3 red ranks and 1 brown rank against a baby trapper (me), I did quit dbd for a little bit until I heard that ruin was great to stop that, then I mained hag for a very long time.

• Yords

Old MoM was hell, I strictly played nurse and huntress most of the time during its reign.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Wish I knew how to use both of them back then but I started kinda late and when I tried nurse later on, I was worse than a potato player, always missed my blinks and never landed a hatchet since I was a controller gamer.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

2 years ago, my first match as survivor. I was David, at the time I thought he looked cool and when I saw No Mither, I thought, oh ok, free revives. Yeah, my baby survivor self was in for a shock. I spawned in injured and realised THAT's what Broken meant. So I was like, ok, sure, I can do this. I like a challenge. Trying to do a gen, and old ruin was there and I kept regressing the gen. My teammates hated me even more for the No Mither and crappy skillchecks. Killer was Myer's and I didn't realise he stalked you to get his power at the time, so I was watching him wondering why he was just staring at me and wasn't trying to attack me. He did this to T3 and ended up insta-killing the team in his infinite T3. I was not liked after this match.

First match as Killer I decided to play as Wraith because he could be invisible. I assumed they couldn't see me at all, so I was thinking I could just stand right beside them and hit them. Tie this into the Add-On that negates the Undetectable while cloaked and off I go. So I head into a match and everytime I got closer to a gen, they ran like crazy. I didn't understand it. I assumed I was invisible, but I didn't realise they actually heard my TR, since I didn't fully understand what the TR was all about. I still managed to get a kill, and someone was nice enough after the match to explain why they knew I was coming.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

My first game ever I played as Trapper while my bf was watching. I had a 2k so far, the two who were dead were SPAMMING me messages, when I was in a chase with one of the last two survivors my game crashed. They proceeded to spam me for 20-30 minutes saying I rage quit 😃 #########. Haven’t gotten a toxic group like that ever again

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

oh, all too much.

I played Nurse, because I heard she was the best killer in the game. The map was Rotten Fields if I remember correctly.

I spent all 5 gens (about 2.5 minutes) chasing this one survivor around a harvester. I think it could've been a Bill or a Nea, maybe an Adam.

I never again touched Nurse.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

As survivor, I was a useless Dwight who died on MacMillan Estate. As killer, I was a proxy-camping trapper who got a 4k on Haddonfield

• Yords

Best thing for new nurse players to learn is to use the first blink to get close to the survivors, and the second one to go for a hit. This is the most important thing for newer nurse players to learn.

• Yords

"TRASh KillER HAs To cAMp To WiN" - toxic legacy dwight, probably

• Yords

It only gets worse lol, people are incredibly toxic in this game as well as entitled.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    edited November 2020

First time I played DBD was survivor (Nea) on one of the Backwater maps.

The killer was Spirit. Truly awesome experience seeing her ghosting around the Swamp... she creeped me out a bit. The first time she hooked me I followed the “take chance to escape” message, transitioned into 2nd hook phase, then missed the struggle prompt and that was that.

I had no idea what I was doing and remember I kept getting hate messaged by a rank 17 player during the match.

Basically, first match ever and I was welcomed into DBD with Toxicity😔

Had fun tho, actually enjoyed the eerie, spooky atmosphere, and uneasiness about what was going to happen.

Would be great to experience that again in DBD.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

I don't just remember my first survivor match, but also my first killer match

I was a baby dweet who didn't know what lockers were...same with vaults. I did not get out that match

My first killer match was as Trapper and I had NO IDEA how to use bear traps

• TwistedJoke65
    TwistedJoke65 Member Posts: 316

My first game ever was a michael myers game. I got 3 kills and gave the last one hatch. It was fun

My first surv game I played jake on lerys. The killer was a pig who downed everyone but me in like 2 minutes. One of them dc'd and the other two killer themselves on hook before I could save them. Only saw the pig once that game and it was as I was walking out the door. I booped the snoop and gave her a hit as I left

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

First Survivor Game:

Well technically my first game was on XBOX One. My cousins wanted me to try the game. I had Bond as a perk, and I don't remember what else. The killer was Huntress, and I spent a LOT of time in a locker until the lullaby went away. I died pretty fast (only got hooked once)

My first actual game, by myself, I played as Dwight. It was in Lerys Memorial. The killer was Billy, and I managed to complete half a generator. I was so proud of myself for that and I don't know why. I got lost, and didn't realize there were two exit gates when the last gen popped. I made my way to the exit gate and got killed I think by NoED because I didn't understand what Exposed meant.

My first killer game I played as Spirit. I didn't understand how her power worked, and I didn't get a single hook. I don't think I even got a single hit. Then I played Billy and couldn't control his chainsaw but managed to get a few hits.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,883

Vividly. September 2017. Being a huge Halloween fan the first thing I did was buy the Halloween DLC and went into a match as Laurie (I had not discovered the greatness of Dweet yet) with my friends who were pro Dbd players. It was on a McMillan, storehouse I believe. I was blowing gens, wasting pallets.....all the good rank 20 behavior.

Mikey was my first killer match. It was on Gas Heaven. I actually got a 3k. Last person got hatch, and I was confused how they got out because I had no idea what hatch was lol.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I remember being a baby Claudette playing against a Huntress on swamp, and blending like my life depended on it (it did, I couldn’t last more than 10 seconds in a chase). This was before killer could close hatch so I remember crouch walking around the entire map as the last survivor looking for hatch. Being terrified and hiding in the reeds every time I heard the heartbeat. 😭 And then when I got the hatch I was so excited, but the killer must have been really annoyed because it took me aaages.

I also remember a game as a baby Doctor on Rotten Fields, I didn’t find a single survivor until one gen was left lmao. Then they teabagged me at the exit gates and I was so mad because I didn’t understand what the hell was going on. I didn’t play Doctor again for a long time because I was convinced he was terrible, when really I just didn’t understand his power (or how to play killer) at all.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I remember for my first game as Killer (as Trapper), I did not realize that there were more Bear Traps scattered throughout the map and thought I only had access to one the whole game.

• NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170

One of my favorite noob moments was playing pig and not understanding why someone died. . . . My RBT was on his head, but I’d never seen anyone die from them. And it took me way too long to learn that a gen had to pop to activate them.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

First killer match was with Nurse on MacMillan.

Couldn’t figure out the blink so I jus floated around, chasing distantly behind the survivors, hitting a few of them.

I remember I was kinda sad when I couldn’t leave through the exit with them.

One of the most exciting matches I’ve played tho. I knew then that Nurse was going to be my all time fav killer to play as.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

My first killer match was wraith. The cloaking had me excited. Had to be 5-10 minutes before I got my first hit. Then quickly got another and another. I remember asking a friend is that all you do is walk around and hit people? He said you have to hit them twice then take them to a hook 3 times, ALL OF THEM. I said DAMMMNNN ok sure. Got one down went to find another heard a shot clock buzzer (being rescued) then game ended. All jumped in hatch. I was beyond confused about that game and my friend says don't worry about it. It was your first game and they used a key. A key?

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

I played Claudette against a Pig, my future mains. She scared me so much with the dashes, I think it was the terror like that that really got me into the game <3

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

First match was a custom with wraith on Lerys, pretty much dinged my bell randomly. First pub match was ghost face on bad ham, didn’t even stalk properly lol

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I'm pretty sure i played trapper but that's about all i remember

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I played clown as my first killer didn't do to well but overtime I grew to love him and the other killers

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

I started playing in June, because of Silent Hill. I have my first game recorded and, though I've seen videos about the game, I didn't understand it for real. I did a gen, I guess? But I died in my first hook because no one came for my rescue and my friend was being chased by the killer. Then he died too. At that time I still didn't understand what camping and tunneling mean. Ignorance is bliss.

As for killer, I don't remember my first game. I know it was a Plague game, since I loved her concept from the start. But I don't remember it and didn't record it either.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    edited November 2020

Yep.

I was one of those baby killers, who couldn’t figure out how to kick a generator.

Post edited by NoelleMina on
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,210

I hit a Bill with my first ever Hatchet throw, beyond that, I don't really remember my first Killer match.

It's more than I can say for my first Survivor match. I don't even remember who I was (I think it was either Claudette or Min, but beyond that I can't narrow it down).

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

My first game as a survivor, I actually got the hatch. My daughter and her friends got me to play a game with them , it was at Lerys, and they all died, I turned a corner and just jumped in the hatch. I told them this game was so EZ, lol.

My first game as a killer, was with Doc when he first came out. and Damn I got destroyed, trolled, don't think I hooked anyone. It was just so bad.

I have learned quite a few tricks since then tho, try trolling me now mothertruckers!!!!

• WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120

First match as survivor I remember. It was on console helping out with my father's stream, back then I think something was wrong with the controller, I failed most of my skill checks because the timing was hella off and I died pretty quickly because the killer (A friend of his) decided to tunnel me.

First match as a killer was recently when I bought the game on PC, I did pretty well, got a 3 kill, I didn't quite understand some mechanics like TR but I figured out things like missing attacks and hunting them down (I didn't actually understand scratch marks at first so I wasn't following them), The last survivor escaped through hatch, I thought they dced, I didn't know hatch was a thing.

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

I was playing Cheryl and I was lucky to go against a Slinger who was just M1ing. I still died.

For killer, a Wraith match in which I got 2 kills just by facecamping because I thought that's what you had to do.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

I attempted escape because the prompt showed up once I got on the hook, and then died after 3 attempts because I didn't expect to have to struggle.

Then I played Trapper and didn't really know what was going on. Stepped in my own trap and it spooked me at some point, good times 😄

• Yords

After taking 3 normal hits from the killer, you would gain the endurance status effect when you are injured. So everyone and their mother was running a 3 heal med kit and having the ability to take 3 hits. After taking a hit with MoM activated, healing back to healthy would reveal your aura when further than 16 meters from the killer at tier 3. It would go away once you are downed though. Still, old MoM was OP.

Now it works the same, but you need to take 3 protection hits. And we all know how "easy" it is to get protection hits.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

Jesus Christ I think I would actually kill someone if I had to deal with that

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330

Yes! It was a 4K as trapper against innocent rank 20 survivors that weren't armed with youtube videos previously like I was.

• killer_shaq
    killer_shaq Member Posts: 4

my first game was as wraith 1 hook 3 got away flashlights galore

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,721

First as survivor, heck no, but I do recall sucking so much with the skillchecks and getting my team mates killed because of it.

First match as my lil Piggy oh yes I certainly do. Haddonfield against a 4man (they messaged me after saying so) with her perks and nasty ass NOED. I got three hits, one hook, and only defended the street like a noooooob. They cleared the totems before the gens, and I constantly saw all four on a roof ledge facing the street head bobbing in rhythm. Match took like half an hour.

So I was a 20 against a 17, 9, 2, and 1. Used one trap only, dunno when that was removed during the game. I did so poorly they didn't need to even bodyblock or bt or nothing. Maybe I've learned a bit since then.

First match with Myers is fuzzy, but I do remember getting two of em. That was on one of the wreaker yards I believe.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,882

I remember when the game first came out playing Survivor against a Hillbilly and then the next match against The Wraith - both scared me so much, the visuals of the Hillbilly - then the fact that Wraithy boi appearing behind me in the next match made me definitely jump!

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Baby Nurse that camped hooks because I couldn't land blinks.

I remember picking Bill, but I don't recall the match. I swapped to Claudette, because I like to heal things.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

I was a baby feng against A ######### RANK ONE NURSE MAIN. And thats on why i main nurse.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365
    edited November 2020

I was playing Laurie and a Meg led a Legion straight to me a few minutes after I spawned in, he downed me and then instantly put me on the hook, after my teammates let me hit struggle, the meg came back and farmed me and he downed me again and hooked me and I died since I was running sole survivor and didn't know what DS did at the time. Now whenever someone asks where my hatred for Megs come from, there it is.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I remember my first survivor game trying to heal a survivor. I did not know about skill checks at all so I just missed the first two. First killer game was Xbox Nurse since I googled who was the best killer in the game. I don't think i even got one hit on a survivor.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

I bought this game in summer 2017 and played my first match as a Meg vs Trapper on an Azarov map. I got into a bear trap and Trapper got me out of it and hung me. I got unhooked and ran off but Trapper got me and killed me. I was like ######### is this stupid game and didnt play again for a month..

And then I became obsessed!

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited November 2020

My first Killer match was Nurse on MacMillan back in September 2017 during the first console free trial. I had no clue how to play so I had to camp a David to death.

My first Survivor game was in December 2017, a couple of months after I had bought the game. I wanted to start playing Survivor so I could see how they played. The match involved me looping a Freddy for a couple gens only for him to hook me after the gates were open. My teammates started tbagging me from the gate (I looked at their auras). Having some Killer experience, I knew that Freddy couldn’t attack for 7 seconds, so I was almost yelling at my teammates to rescue me. I was hoping one of them would figure out what to do, but no one did. They either just didn’t know about his weakness (which is understandable) or were trying to be #########.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

I honestly have no idea what is was like, I started on day 4 of launch, and I know I played trapper first. I was probably terrible, but that's all I can remember.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

I only remember being killer. I forgot how I was in my first survivor match.

But as killer, I didn't find anyone. Gens were done and they all left. I think I might of hit 1 person. That's pretty much it.

I never touched killer again until a long time later.