Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Which Version/Bundle to buy on PS4 / PS5?

Hi guys, I played DBD on PC and in view of the arrival of my PS5, I wanted to start playing it on the PS4 and then continue on the PS5. There is only one problem, I am a bit confused about which version to buy.

There are currently 3 Bundles in the PlayStation Store:

• Dead by Daylight: Special Edition PS4™ & PS5™: The Special Edition of Dead by Daylight includes the base game, two additional chapters (Of Flesh and Mud, Spark of Madness) and two cosmetic add-ons packed with outfits for various characters (the 80's Suitcase for Survivors, the Bloodstained Sack for Killers). This edition gives you access to a roster of 7 Killers and 9 Survivors. 30€
  • Dead by Daylight: Stranger Things Edition: The Stranger Things Edition of Dead by Daylight includes all the content of the Special Edition, three original chapters (Curtain Call, Shattered Bloodline, Darkness Among Us), the Stranger Things chapter and an exclusive Dead by Daylight - StrangerThings PS4 theme. This edition gives you access to a roster of 11 Killers and 14 Survivors. 40€
  • Dead by Daylight: Silent Hill Edition: The Silent Hill Edition of Dead by Daylight includes the base game, two original add-ons (The Curtain Call Chapter and the Shattered Bloodline Chapter), the Silent Hill Chapter, the Alissa Gillespie outfit for Cheryl Mason and the Dark Wish outfit for The Executioner. The Silent Hill Edition also includes an exclusive Dead by Daylight - Silent Hill PS4™ theme. 50€

Obviously it depends on which characters I will use, but having no idea since I haven't played for a long time, which one do you recommend?

In terms of quality/price, which is the cheapest Bundle? Also consider, that in 15 days there will also be Black Friday sales, so some DLC with killer and survivor I could buy separately. Mane thanks in advance!

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I would research the killers, their powers and killer and survivor perks. See which appeal to you the most.

Unless you love Silent Hill (I do!) I think the Stranger Things bundle is the best value. For $10 more than SE you get 4 more killers and 5 more survivors.

The SH one costs $20 more and only gets you 3 more killers and 3 more survivors (plus 2 really cool skins, but that's up to personal opinion). However I think Pyramid Head is much better and more fun than Demogorgon and the Legion. If I was just getting into DBD I would get this simply because I love SH, but I think the ST bundle is technically the best value of the three.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    edited November 2020

The stranger things edition I would go for

Special edition if you're going to wait for Black Friday sales

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    edited November 2020

The Silent Hill edition is basically the same thing as the Stranger Things chapter, Idk why it doesn't say it includes Flesh and Mud & A a spark of madness, but it does.

So it really just depends which character you want, but technically it seems that the Stranger Things edition is the best in terms of price and content, as the Silent Hill edition just trades chapters and adds some skins, and apparently the Stranger Things edition also includes Legion.

Hope that helps!

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 225
    edited November 2020

I think the Silent Hill edition is the latest one. So you should be getting everybody up to Pyramid Head.

Edit: I just read what NomiNomad posted. I would double check the chapters but I think that would be pretty crummy if they were not all in there.

• brokedownpalace

No this isn't true. You get Spirit, Clown, Pyramid Head and their survivors in addition to what's in the special edition.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

This, but also consider best value for money too. It’s a shame you’re only considering this now because some base editions, and all DLC (except Blight) were half price on PS Store over Halloween.

Either way, once you get PS5, you can upgrade for free, and it will recognise and carry over anything else you’ve paid for for the PS4 version.

• V3rsus
    V3rsus Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2020

I decided to write the discussion simply because the editions available for purchase right now on PS4 are quite confusing, especially for those who are just starting to play.

@TheClownIsKing I'm sorry I missed the halloween offers but I hope to take advantage of them during black friday.

@brokedownpalace I really like Silent Hill, like Stranger Things! But in the game I don't know what they would be like. I have read the skills of both the killers and the survivors and those of Stranger Things seem to be simpler, also on ST there are 2 survivors, so I believe that I will take these and all the others during black friday!

Thanks a lot to everyone who responded!

• HarleyH1225
    HarleyH1225 Member Posts: 3

what versions of DBD SE are these?

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

You can go either for special edition or stranger things edition. It's really up to you. Both will give you plenty of characters and perks to start.

• brokedownpalace

That's just the special edition for consoles. You can find the Silent Hill and Stranger Things bundles, too. Try searching for "Dead by daylight stranger things/silent hill" and they should come up