The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Stop crying for Spirit buffs, give her time!

HP150
HP150 Member Posts: 455
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

Because survivors totally didn't review bomb DBD on Steam, resulting in Freddy nerfs a week after his release when he was already the weakest killer released.

But I'm sure Hag movement speed and a 20 second cooldown, a standing charge time, and inability to see survivors or their blood are proper, balanced compensation for what is effectively Sprint Burst on a killer. In fact, maybe they should make her entire screen turn pitch black every time she uses her power to be sure she isn't too OP. Can never be too safe when releasing a new killer, wouldn't want survivors to not survive!

"Killers just need to adapt", though.

Comments

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    she has a strong lunge and a good 360 hit radius but her ability needs a sound nerf.

you can hear her very loudly and often predict where she will come out at.
  • feffrey

The Spirit is totally survivor approved.

not true her ability needs a slight rework other than that she is pretty fast and has a big lunge attack
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@WhateverIGuess said:
    I think she should see survivors, pass through objects when phasing, make injured sounds 500% louder and visible blood stains like with bloodhound, that would be completely balanced I think... hmm, actually I think she needs passive NOED aswell.

Yeah, sure, because everybody wants those things compared with each other, ahaha, I got your prank, I got.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

@RSB said:

@WhateverIGuess said:
    I think she should see survivors, pass through objects when phasing, make injured sounds 500% louder and visible blood stains like with bloodhound, that would be completely balanced I think... hmm, actually I think she needs passive NOED aswell.

Yeah, sure, because everybody wants those things compared with each other, ahaha, I got your prank, I got.

Yeah, okay, I admit she's not perfect, but since killer mains really LOVE to exaggerate stuff, she is not garbage tier like everybody says.
    She needs tweaks, like let's say that her power doesn't have to be refilled completely to use it again or something like that.

If you think she needs to be able to see survivors while phasing, let that go because that would be pretty OP, she would have insane mobility with no downsides whatsoever, so no, that is not happening.

I'm going to have to agree. She only needs a few tweaks nothing major. Being able to hear survivors makes it much better and being able to use her power even if its not fully charged would be helpful
  • xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

I’d totally be down for bloodhound granting the spirit the ability to track blood with the bonus. I think a perk slot is worth granting her that ability. I haven’t played against her or with her yet but she looks fun! Her power sounds like it’ll be one of my favorites simply for the mind-screwiness of the power.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    RSB said: 

@ZombieGenesis said:

She isn't cooldown is too quick. 5 minutes would be suitable.

Are you being serious her charge time should be between 5 and 10 seconds and I think k she needs the ability to at least see the auras of survivors. She also needa to be quicker when not in the spirit world. Other than them couple of things she is great.
  • RSB

@douggie123 said:
    RSB said: 

@ZombieGenesis said:

Are you being serious

But of course. And I think she should be totally blind while phasing, or otherwise she could hurt a survivor.

• KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165

@WhateverIGuess said:

@RSB said:

@WhateverIGuess said:

@RSB said:

@WhateverIGuess said:

Yeah, okay, I admit she's not perfect, but since killer mains really LOVE to exaggerate stuff, she is not garbage tier like everybody says.
    She needs tweaks, like let's say that her power doesn't have to be refilled completely to use it again or something like that.

If you think she needs to be able to see survivors while phasing, let that go because that would be pretty OP, she would have insane mobility with no downsides whatsoever, so no, that is not happening.

Where did I say I want that? I said exactly the opposite - that she would be too OP with it. The only thing she needs is to reduce her cooldown to 10s or less, and being able to see blood.

I'm not saying you directly said, it just seems very popular as a "buff" idea. I would keep her 20s cooldown but you could use it even if it's not completely refilled. With the bloodstains, there would be no counter to her power. Either it's scratch marks or blood. Not both, let's say, if you used IW, it would be pretty much useless since she could pinpoint your location because of the blood.

I think I would prefer being able to track the blood more than the scratch marks tbh.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Before i say this, i have only played against her and not with her yet. Survivors should not hear the whooshing sounds(this should not need an addon), The red stain should not be seen on her at any point either it gives away her position.

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

I played a couple of matches on PTB as and against her and now after playing some more against her... Her mobility is completely useless as she can't see survivours. Useyour power mid-chase - congratulations, survivour just Urban Evasioned somewhere and you have to search for him again. but you can't NOT use it, since your speed is 4.4 m/s. Meaning it's only good for gen checking, but not for long distances because of an insane cooldown. Man, Nurse can travel through walls with cooldown of 2~3 seconds, and she can see everyithing.

Her power is cool, but it needs tweaks, or she'll become useless as survivours will adapt in ~2 weeks.

• feffrey
    The spirit Ability needs a change. The Husk left behind should keep moving if you used it while moving and she shouldn't make any sound while in her ability 

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

All they needed to do with the Spirit is do what they said they were going to do during the PTB. Instead they made all sorts of bizarre nerfs.

• The_Manlet

A dev said in another thread that the Spirit is bugged. They didn't finish the changes they had for her so they just released her unfinished and will be fixing her in a month or two when the mid-chapter update comes around.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@ZombieGenesis said:
    LOL Devs, "New killer is bugged. We won't tell you how but we'll get to it. Eventually. You know, in a month or two maybe. Till we decide these are just how the spirit works now."

They said the Survivors are not supposed to hear any of her sound cues while they're in a certain radius from the husk, and they couldn't finish the changes because the terror radius is "very complex".

• The_Manlet

@ZombieGenesis said:
    Ah. Well at least it's not a really important bug they're ignoring for the next few months.

That's pretty huge, actually. It removes all of her mindgame potential when getting looped.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Tsulan said:
    Anyone else noticed that 24 hours after her release, killers barely play her?

Either let her see survivors while phasing or reduce the cooldown to 5 or 10 seconds. 
    Both things just gimp her to much.

She's Freddy 2.0

I think it's probably more due to the fact that most people don't buy/can't afford DLC, but still, she could use a bit more love.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

She's terrible at high ranks. I'm back to the hag

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

She was the same state as on PTB except worst, with a noise indicator when phase too

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

She should have built in stridor, and her power should recover 2 seconds faster at default.

She's interesting, and well designed, but the payoff is low at times. Still... she could be very devastating int he right hands. I'm still very new obviously.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@RSB said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

Might as well make selfcare activate 5 minutes after escaping the killer then. Would the entitled survivor like that? I'm pretty sure you won't

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

From what I watched and played it seem that she need way more work than the average killer to do good with, Her power make her need to do even more premonition than the nurse and is overall weaker than her because of difficulty of properly use her power due to it's down side.
    Like most killer she will fade away in a week or two when killer will go back to their main and high rank will become a hillbilly and nurse breeding ground like usual.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623

Being BOTH mains, i'd like to say that some of us are okay with all Killers. Please don't put us all in one barrel. ❤️
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited September 2018

Spirit Walk needs a shorter cooldown. Not significantly so, and they could nerf her speed a little, but it would be better if she could phase more often for roughly the same benefit. I think they would narrow these swings in effectiveness she sees. Also, she should be able to vault while phasing and not lose any time on it.

@Tsulan said:

Either let her see survivors while phasing or reduce the cooldown to 5 or 10 seconds. 

She's Freddy 2.0

I've played against a fuckload of Spirits already. I don't know why you aren't seeing any.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Eninya said:l

Spirit Walk needs a shorter cooldown. Not significantly so, and they could nerf her speed a little, but it would be better if she could phase more often for roughly the same benefit. I think they would narrow these swings in effectiveness she sees. Also, she should be able to vault while phasing and not lose any time on it.

@Tsulan said:

She's Freddy 2.0

I've played against a fuckload of Spirits already. I don't know why you aren't seeing any.

Today I played against 1 Billy, 2 Wraiths, 2 Trappers, 1 nurse, 1 pig and 2 Spirits.
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    edited September 2018
    Omg YAAAAAAS! It's like a bunch of children crying mom... Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom.

🙄 Or the kids who cried Wolf! This is why Devs can't take us seriously.

🐺 Grrrrr...... 
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Orion said:

@ZombieGenesis said:
    LOL Devs, "New killer is bugged. We won't tell you how but we'll get to it. Eventually. You know, in a month or two maybe. Till we decide these are just how the spirit works now."

They said the Survivors are not supposed to hear any of her sound cues while they're in a certain radius from the husk, and they couldn't finish the changes because the terror radius is "very complex".

I can understand that. Either way she's awesomeness 👌😍👍
  • feffrey
    Tsulan said:

She's Freddy 2.0
    you still are whinning about a decent killer lol

why not learn how to play the game?
  • vendalwind
    vendalwind Member Posts: 23

Had a few new ideas after playing as her more. I agree with allthe above that she needs a minor tweak, nto a major one. 10s cooldown would be a good one, but i think most import thing is remove survivors ability to hear her "whooshing" while invisible.

Heres the new ones. Giver her a limited object phase through in spirit world. Like wraith kinda. As I play if im following scatches or grass wiggles and someone goes through a window Im forced to immediately end haunt to learn location and navigate the window. So my idea is this:

When phased/haunting she should be able to speed climb through windows and over pallets, Id say even faster than survivors. In the case of someone just dropping a pallet they still have her 4 second charge time to GTFO, in the case of in a chase with a window jump: her speed and phasing isnt wasted because of a window, but again she has to choose to spend those 3-4 seconds charging immobile. So im talking about a very limited ability to almost walk through/ignore certain parts of the environment. THe caveat to this is that she should still be able to have pallets dropped on her while beginning and executing the haunt.

As it stands right now one of the most upsetting moments for me while playing her is when i start my phase and round a corner to see a window.

• feffrey

Had a few new ideas after playing as her more. I agree with allthe above that she needs a minor tweak, nto a major one. 10s cooldown would be a good one, but i think most import thing is remove survivors ability to hear her "whooshing" while invisible.

Heres the new ones. Giver her a limited object phase through in spirit world. Like wraith kinda. As I play if im following scatches or grass wiggles and someone goes through a window Im forced to immediately end haunt to learn location and navigate the window. So my idea is this:

When phased/haunting she should be able to speed climb through windows and over pallets, Id say even faster than survivors. In the case of someone just dropping a pallet they still have her 4 second charge time to GTFO, in the case of in a chase with a window jump: her speed and phasing isnt wasted because of a window, but again she has to choose to spend those 3-4 seconds charging immobile. So im talking about a very limited ability to almost walk through/ignore certain parts of the environment. THe caveat to this is that she should still be able to have pallets dropped on her while beginning and executing the haunt.

As it stands right now one of the most upsetting moments for me while playing her is when i start my phase and round a corner to see a window.

a better idea would to allow her Husk to keep moving in the direction the player was walking in while she is phasing and remove the "Whoosing" sound
    this would justify a 20 second cool down time as she could go anywhere and be anywhere in seconds.

Like the nurse she suffers from Fatigue and a Bloodlust loss and it will take 15 seconds to catch back up to a survivor 
  • feffrey
    whinining about a Killer isnt going to make her better magically and spitting out the same regurgitated "buff" idea bad killers keep throwing out isn't helping.

Wait a week or 2 a killer shouldnt be defined by their ability .
  • NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Thank you!!! People just want something to ######### about....The first day she came out people started bitching about her within the first hour. You would think they played her an entire year.....Just play the game, strategize, get good...figure it out...Something. 
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited September 2018

Playing some more with her and experimenting with addons and maps, I still stand by that she needs more frequent usage of power, and the duration or speed lowered to compensate. The wind-up on top of the long cooldown is hard to deal with, so she should have one or the other, or just be more frequent in general.

Edit: I've been broadcasting games for a couple hours today and yesterday, and it doesn't make sense that moves below average speed. I thought this was something they'd buffed from the PTB, or at least that's what I heard.

Furthermore, the hit recognition on her attack is bugged as all hell. Hitting people through pallets (audio response from survivors), but eating the stun after the hit has completed and not getting credit is bullshit. So is just hitting people and not getting them. Close range lunges whiff often, and I know her lunge range is shorter than other killers--something else that was supposedly changed for all other killers in this last patch. There's something seriously very wrong with her attack, though. Too many instances where you randomly hit objects or just don't get hit credit.

To add to this, a double edged bug she also has is that pallets do not consistently stun her. In fact, you have to be right underneath one to get a stun. This might seem good for lunging through pallets, but it completely breaks her own perk for needing to be stunned to auto-break them.

Anyway, I'm on the fence about her power change. It needs a buff in some way, but she also needs her attack fixed and to move at normal speed. Phase Walk is nowhere near as reliable as any other slow killer's power in any context. It makes you jump back to hooks or generator patrolling, but it's virtually useless in a chase once people figure you out. I've been using Stridor 3 a lot, but I've come to terms with this perk still being unusable and broken, and it will never be fixed. It seemed good on her at first, but the audio cues are near-random while you're phased, to the point where the sound will play right on top of you, but a survivor will be 10+ meters from your location.

Post edited by Eninya on
  • shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    All she needs imo is to be able to use her power without it being fully charged and a quicker recharge time on it. Then I think her having 110% movespeed is justified, much like how Hag, Huntress and Nurse all have powers that justify them being slower. But as she is, her power isn't good enough to warrant it.

I have yet to play against her so that's just from me playing with her.
  • The_Manlet
    edited September 2018

Spirit needs the "no wooshing in terror radius" change they promised and apparently won't be delivering on until October or November, and she needs some aspects of her addons to be baseline. For example, she seems to barely get any speed boost if any at all when coming out of her phase walk, which makes it almost impossible to get a Grudge score event. I find her deviousness gains to be pretty poor as a result. Just a few small buffs along with the changes they said they'd be implementing, and say they'll be implementing in a few months, and she'd be a solid killer, though not a top tier one.

She doesn't need a speed buff. The whole point of her power is that she uses it to more than make up for her speed deficiency, just as the Huntress, Hag and Nurse do. The problem is that the Spirit's power doesn't actually make up for her weaknesses.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Leatherface was first in line

• SeasonedHunter
    SeasonedHunter Member Posts: 18

I really enjoy this killer but I have to agree. Her power should be able to use at anytime you have a charge or the cool down needs to be cut. Now that being said give it time! She is a high skill killer. She has the potential to be one of the strongest if you put time into her. It was the same with Clown. A strong killer but because survivors found a few ways to counter him, every killer should have counter play, and killers weren't owning 4 man SWF every game he was called weak. Still is by many and I see the same happening to the Spirit if people
    just give up after 1-2 days. It might take weeks even months to get good with her but the potential IS there. Imagine if Billy was the standard and Nurse came out today. How many would try her for one day, say she sucked, and never touch her again?

• Tsulan

I really enjoy this killer but I have to agree. Her power should be able to use at anytime you have a charge or the cool down needs to be cut. Now that being said give it time! She is a high skill killer. She has the potential to be one of the strongest if you put time into her. It was the same with Clown. A strong killer but because survivors found a few ways to counter him, every killer should have counter play, and killers weren't owning 4 man SWF every game he was called weak. Still is by many and I see the same happening to the Spirit if people
    just give up after 1-2 days. It might take weeks even months to get good with her but the potential IS there. Imagine if Billy was the standard and Nurse came out today. How many would try her for one day, say she sucked, and never touch her again?

You are comparing a mid tier killer with top tier killers. Clown is okay in skilled hands,  but can never compete with a nurse or Billy. 
  • SeasonedHunter
    SeasonedHunter Member Posts: 18

Everyone's tier is different. There is no official one. Hell console players could argue that nurse is mid tier at best considering how much more difficult she is on console.

• RSB

@BigBadPiggy said:

@RSB said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

Might as well make selfcare activate 5 minutes after escaping the killer then. Would the entitled survivor like that? I'm pretty sure you won't

Sarcasm is for intelligent people, I guess I know from which part of people you are.

• Tsulan

@Giche said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

"It's so fun (TM) to face her !"

God i love this meme!

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited September 2018

@Tsulan

I know i overused it, but more often than not it's the only picture that get in my mind when reading some posts down here.

Here's the killer's version, for fairness :p

• Tsulan

@Giche said:
    @Tsulan

I know i overused it, but more often than not it's the only picture that get in my mind when reading some posts down here.

Here's the killer's version, for fairness :p

He looks like the friendly neighbor...

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

When she was first released, I saw some potential in her.

Now I think the opposite.

From what I've seen so far, her power isn't good enough to warrant a slower movement speed.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited September 2018

In all seriousness, the movement speed is also what I'd look at first. Her power just outright is not on the same level as Hag's, Huntress', and Nurse's powers. There isn't much reason for her to be slower than other killers with a standing charge time + 20 second cooldown.

Hell, compare her to Billy who has better crossmap mobility, doesn't have to stand still to charge his power, doesn't have a real cooldown on his saw, has an instadown, and, of coarse, moves at normal speed.

Yes, I know, Billy + Nurse are ridiculous (though if people are so tired of only playing against those 2 at high ranks, shouldn't they want another killer that can compete with them?), but I think she can afford to be given a normal movement speed so her chases aren't so mind-numbling bad once she's already used her power.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435

i just want her cosmetics to not glitch out and for her to have her bugs fixed