What makes doctor hated or annoying?

2»

Comments

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited November 2020

It a mix that you can't hide from him and if played correctly also had anti loop

Not that im opposed to that but I have 5 s to listen to a quiet noise to me and hop in a locker and cant quick vault it bc loud noise and if the doc stocks me before I get to the pallet keeps spamming it till I get hit

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Me personally, it's because his shock disables your ability to use pallets and windows. Takes away a lot of interactivity because against a Doc who knows how to shock properly, your best bet is holding W, something that no one in their right mind ought to enjoy doing.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

Some Doctors will just drag out a game way longer than it should go on. They won't kill anyone to end it and will keep them from finishing last gen.

I don't like that tier3 madness pretty much gives Doctor deerstalker with unlimited range so it's like he has 5th perk slot and he's more likely to slug until just before bleed out wasting 4 minutes of a survivors time.

• TheButcher6641
    TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252

The fact that he finds everything so hilarious.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Anti loop killers tend to take away counterplay whilst not adding anything inbetween encouraging gen rush. The usual "just stealth lol" excuse used for Nurse/Spirit doesn't apply to Doctor either.

That said I don't think he's OP. His power takes a lot of time to learn to use effectively at the longer loops. Misplay it and you can end up losing a lot of time.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,815
    edited November 2020

I have no problem with Doctor, actually. I'm very vocal about a few killers in particular that bother me too, so it's not just me being agreeable. I think it mostly boils down to feeling like I can influence the outcome of a chase against the Doctor.

I also have a bit of a soft spot for him because he was the first new killer I unlocked after getting the game and I rode him all the way to rank 1 for the first time with an anti-skillcheck build: Distressing, Unnerving Presence, Overcharge, and (I think) Brutal Strength. This was the old Doc with the passive madness in treatment mode. Good times :D

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November 2020

I find screaming all the time to be annoying. Like, probably the worst thing in this game imo. also Madness nonsense and anti-looping can be anything from annoying to downright aggravating and debilitating.

There's a reason I run Calm Spirit on Nancy. I don't really need a 4th perk most of the time (though not spooking crows is nice) and not screaming against Clown and Doctor (and not revealing myself) are huge pluses to me.

"Some of my friends hate him because his madness messes with their anxiety something fierce." @FFirebrandd

Also this. Eff those faces and noises. Literally the worst.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I don't hate the doctor, I have just had a lot of spam electric shocks and I already suck at looping so I am usually first down lol! I like it when he dances around while shocking though, that is my favorite form of entertainment on the hook if they are camping or if I'm the last alive it's so funny!!

• gibblywibblywoo

Agreed. You can see the charge coming and can take action to either dodge it or try and make him cancel it by tricking a run into the dead zone between him and the shock hitbox. I think thats why I'm ok with him the way he is. He might not take insane mechanical skill but theres timing and map knowledge in there that every good Doctor needs to know.

• gibblywibblywoo

I will say that when they were first added his madness 1 sound effects began giving me headaches. That and his smashing trash cans chase theme.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited November 2020

I see more survivors say they like more than they hate Blight, Huntress, Nurse, Oni...and correct me if I'm wrong but all of these killers have access to powers that can shut down loops. At least that's what I use their powers for...hm..and they're all near the top of a lot of people's tier lists which tells me that they're considered strong killers by the community. You know, I don't think all survivors specifically hate strong killers that have anti-loop. Maybe it's the power itself and how annoying that can be that survivors dislike?

For the record I don't dislike Doctor's chase power, and I think he's barely above average without good add-ons.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I play a lot of Doc he was my original main when I started. You can make some builds that really slow the game down as the survivors are missing skill checks also while dealing with your find em and shut down loops ability he's a bit of an all in one killer.

I think the reason people hate on him as if at anytime you struggle to hit skill checks, the constant shocking and anti loop can really slow things down and make it feel like you can't progress.

But in essence he's really just an M1 killer with lots of counters, you just have to be mindful of when when he's using his shocks. A lot of players are predictable about when they'll static blast jump in a locker jump out and be mindful of position in chase and he's pretty easy to work around.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

It’s harder to anti-loop with those Killers, especially with Nurse. They also don’t have good anti-stealth (if they did, it got nerfed after Survivor whining).

I’m not saying that Survivors don’t hate the anti-stealth portions of his power, but that it’s not the main reason for the all the hate, especially since his rework.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Doc irritate survivors due to him getting rid of stealth. Most survivors don't bother with locker this get hit by the blast etc. Madness 3 lockdown on actions like loops, healing and repairing etc . Doc can even disrupt unhooking.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

It's weird though, because if you don't take into account his add-ons his anti-loop didn't improve all that much. The extra range is nice, but not much changed except his difficulty. He became 10 times easier and it was more spammy and that was kind of it. I think people just didn't know what doctor could do so when he got the rework and became very easy to play, and therefore more popular, more and more people started to hate him.