I feel like quitting when I get an indoor map

Half the killers in the game suck on indoor maps. You might think that there's just a few of those maps so it's no big deal, but really they come up surprisingly often. Even with just 1 variation each, I see Lery's, Hawkins, and Midwich about as much as all the other maps combined. It's infuriating how depending on what killer you are, these maps can make or more importantly break you. Huntress, Hillbilly, Blight, Nurse. They just suck on these maps. Survivors have to absolutely throw for you to make any sort of debt against them, because you're deprived of your ability for half the match.

Maybe the game should say what map you're going to on the loading screen, because I don't want the DC penalty but I can't see what map it is until I'm already in the game!

P.S. No more indoor maps!!!

Comments

• Bootlegmoth
    Bootlegmoth Member Posts: 290

Indoor maps are definitely harder, but it all just practice. If you keep playing the indoor maps, you'll get better at them and in the long run it'll be easier.

I know "x y z killer power is useless on indoor map, game broken! Blah". It's just harder and bad luck, just use it as practice to get better with that power then when you are on a decent map you'll be like a GODDAMN GOD

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Lerys I'd pretty much blocked out of my memory as its been (thankfully) a long time since I'd played that map. If Midwich had clear indications of generators you'd be seeing a lot less complaints about that map by survivors.

And Pyramid and Deathslinger are cancer on any map so I don't know what you're getting at there.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742

That final point was me saying that it's only Nurse and Huntress that are neutered on Lerys and Hawkins (and kinda The Game) and the other ranged killers are still fine on them.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I hate indoor maps too as both a survivor main and when I play killer. They just aren't fun.

• YerenaShadow
    YerenaShadow Member Posts: 6

Lery's sucks indeed.As i am on mobile,this is probably the only indoor map i will ever get,but oh God is it something special.U gotta love Lery's,especially when u use Leatherface XDD

The only time i actually liked that map was when i got 4 kills with my boi Bubba and it felt like i was in heaven

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Honestly i hate indoor maps because its impossible to find a chase or track gen progress if survivours choose to take full advantage of that lack of distance viewpoint.

There are pros totems are safer some confusion in gen placement buys time. Stealth killers can get much closer. However many of these advantages fall apart when you consider the following.

A. Most stealth killers perform poorly against excellent teams as they lack mobility to properly pressure the map.

B. Range killers will often have issues making use of there range and be disadvantaged with reduced movement speed for essentially no advantage.

C. Lack of gen progression knowledge. Often you wont have a clue what gen progression is at until your right next to a gen which really hurts pop and gen slowdown builds which are often used to help low map pressure killers.

Perks can fix some of these problems but since your unsure what map your heading into if you plan on running a cool build you can get punished by a lot of indoor maps.

• DarthRevan21
    DarthRevan21 Member Posts: 73

It's funny bc i always Get 4 K's on Indoor maps.

• Chinanumawaaan
    Chinanumawaaan Member Posts: 131

If you are playing huntress on the game good luck getting hatchets while upstairs...

I dont think there is a worse map/killer match-up in the game other than almost all killers on haddonfield

• Foohy
    Foohy Member Posts: 26

Indoor maps are really not fun for survivors.

You can argue that we can hide better on them but so can the killer.

Heartbeat from the killer even if he is on another floor is extremely annoying and generators are just impossible to find. Even when you do find them it's very hard to tell if you are 3-genning yourself because how confusing it can be.

And even if you get all the gens, the exit gates are usually placed in a dead end room with only one entrance, with very little chance to escape the killer when they come patrol it (especially with NOED)

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,745

Hate all indoor maps, for both roles. Burning offerings all day to avoid them all. It's not just door or pallet or gen placements that offend, although they do suck. It's the horrible fps in them that seals the deal, often into the low teens depending on what is happening or which killer I play or verse.

Entity damnnnnn the indoor maps.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I hate indoor maps as both survivor and killer. It’s hard to orient yourself properly, objectives are difficult to get to, the pallets are either super safe or complete garbage, totems are invisible, you can’t get any information about what’s going on in the distance (no crows, distant scratch marks, can’t see teammates running in the distance, etc.).

The only killers I enjoy indoor maps on are stealth killers and Hag. Everyone else is just... ugh. And the only indoor map I like as survivor is Lery’s because it has some truly amazing loops. But I wouldn’t be upset if they never made another indoor map, to be honest.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Just switch to CQC Huntress when in an indoor map. You can plug anyone who dares throw down a pallet on any map regardless.

Nurse excels at indoor maps. Less los, but they're forced into close quarters more often.

All I can think of who'd have a hard time is poor Billy with his long wind-up around all the tight corners. Though he still has his mobility.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

i will take any indoor map over haddonfield and bloodlodge, im so sick of going on these damn maps as killer. call me old fashioned but i like the game allowing me to have a choice in how i play, haddonfield is all windows over and over and bloodlodge is always filled with a bunch of loops you can constantly see the killer at meaning you cant mindgame much at all. indoor maps though give you a chance and most can favor the killer as sight blockers etc. besides i got my blight rush 5 times and get a hit on lerys so after that i dont think indoor games can get harder lol

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

Man really just said the game is survivor sided. I played lvl 1 nurse base perks for the first time against purple ranks and no one escaped.

• Asssblasster625
  • Asssblasster625

Legion is just flat out bad. Trapper is good on game and midwhich. So is blight, and huntress. Myers is decent on all of these(scratched mirror or not), pig is great on lerrys and game wraith is great on game and Is alright on midwhich. Clown is fine on these. The only one ghost face wouldn’t be that good on is midwhich. But no power one would destroy on all of these

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

As survivor I got the game map 5 times in a row one day without any map offerings being used. I switched to different game after the 5th time. I don't mind Hawkins, Midwich, or Lery's but I hate the Game.

• soulflare017
    soulflare017 Member Posts: 13

I feel the same way as survivor when I get The Game mal as I can never tell if the killer is avove or below me most of the time

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Killers have no info and survivors have some of the easiest stealth of their lives, and on the Game they also have the easiest chases. I'm not saying survivors have no problems - the info thing cuts both ways, after all. But there's a reason I fear a Hawkins map offerring more than Haddonfield or Ormond.

• ComaDarkvale
    ComaDarkvale Member Posts: 20

I enjoy indoor and outdoor maps. I also enjoy the game I also don't whine publicly over variety or others liking things I don't :)

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231

killers hear of the infamous object on midwich and seem to forget hawkins exists

• GoodBoyKaru

Like I said before Midwich is ######### for everyone involved, nobody likes it except for the aesthetics and my Nurse.

Most Lerys pallets are unsafe with a couple safe/god scattered around. Most windows also aren't very safe and without lithe chsining tiles together is very difficult. It's definitely runable as survivor but as killer there's still things you can do.

The Game, yeah it's safe pallet heaven but also once those pallets are gone there's nothing. There are 4 windows on the entire map, 2 of which are at an l-t wall, one is above the bathroom, and one is by an exit gate. All of them aren't particularly safe. Furthemrore finding anything on that map, from gens to hooked people to totems to said safe pallets, is an absolute nightmare. It's not exactly an amazing map, and depending on the teams it can be survivor sided, though the vast majority of the time it's killer sided. Plus with builds like EndFury those pallets aren't staying up for very long.

See my point above about the Game and its safe pallets.

Stealth, yeah, I get that, but also if they're hiding they're not doing gens, and Hawkins/The Game are pretty small so if they're immersed they'll hear your terror radius a lot and just not do gens.

Plus, like I said before, and so did you tbh, information cuts go both ways. Finding hatch on indoor maps is an absolute nightmare.

Also it depends on the killer; as Wraith or Doctor or Freddy a Hawkins offering basically guarantees my 4k, whilst as Nurse or Pyramid Head I'm far more likely to voluntarily use Ormond offerings because imo it's such a good map for them both. Haddonfield may perish swiftly :).

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

hmmm 4 windows on the game? one in the control room above the bathroom leading to the drop down to the bathroom, one in the freezer room, two in the room in one corner and there are atleast 2 other windows in the downstairs area.

hatch being hard to find? well it's rarely covered by grass and can't be seen when it reveals itself before opening (if it doesn't stay hidden till the last survivor)

Every map has it's benefits for both sides, and every map has it's detractions for both sides! some are skewed but not as badly as anyone here keeps calling... honestly people should stop complaining about indoor vs outdoor maps.... i've seen survivors die in a 4k on lerys to a hillbilly, hell i got a 3k on a hillbilly when i barely knew how to play it! only missed 4k because of the hatch. there are lots of different things out there look for the good and not the bad and you'll have more fun. hell i have fun as killer on ORMOND!

• GoodBoyKaru

Ah sorry I forgot about the Freezer room. That's 5. Maybe a 6th if a jungle gym spawns although those are rare and pallet gyms are much more common.

Hatch is hard to find usually due to it being able to spawn literally anywhere on the floor, whilst you compare it to maps like badham where apparnely it's only ever able to spawn in the basement of the preschool. Same with my ruin totem.

I'm not saying that they don't have their ups and downs. I'm not saying they're all 100% killer sided and survivors always lose. I'm not saying they're fun and engaging- I got Lerys like 5 times in a row as Freddy and it was boring as #########. I'm saying that they're not survivor sided, due to a multitude of factors, and things that work against the killer also work against the survivors.

Unlike maps such as Haddonfield or (current) Ormond which are so clearly survivor sided.

• Freki

i've seen the hatch on badham in freddy's room, in the gen room, in the boiler room (where basement is) in the preschool, and you know it won't be in the other area above that basement. i've seen it in and around the killer shack, i've seen it in the middle of the street, at the ends of the street (3 places), in the 2 story house, in the two areas of the other house, i've seen it in the wooded area around the shack, I've even seen it in the playground area so it is placed in lots of places on those maps.

the game: can be anywhere in the basement area of the warehouse this is true.

I'm not saying a map can't be survivor sided or killer sided, but they aren't as bad as people make them out to be and that's my point.

• GoodBoyKaru

That as a joke about how badham before the rework seemed to have hatch and ruin always spawn in Freddy's room...

• scottyj555
    scottyj555 Member Posts: 24

I hated Hawkins as a killer for a while. Got put there so much feels like it's my map now sometimes. Of course you won't win them all but learning by getting effed up is how I had to learn.

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188

For a lot of killers indoor maps are beast. Play some scratched mirror myers for some fun, and all the stealth killers in general. It sucks for survivors too because they will mostly run into you but indoor maps are bad for Hillbilly and deathslinger and killers like that so its just meh. If you like stealth killers though, then indoor maps are awesome.

• Freki

I didn't read it as a joke. sorry I can't read sarcasm dead pan without indicators. ah well.

• Noobe
    Noobe Member Posts: 152

that moment when your favorite map is lerys :(

• Arry
    Arry Member Posts: 9

As a huntress main, indoor maps are a wet dream. Very easy to zero survivors.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

I think the single best change dbd could get right now is a way to never get an indoor map again. They're all dogshit and dc worthy for me, on both sides.

• SkootSkoot
    SkootSkoot Member Posts: 11

Lmao I love getting indoor maps as killer. I actually find it easier to win on indoor maps. As a survivor, it's a fifty-fifty, but in the end that's my preference. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I only get Yamaoka over and over and then Ormond and then Macmillan and Badham. Rarely do I get indoor maps.