We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer DLC Concept

Options
WizardRockwell
WizardRockwell Member Posts: 20
edited January 2021 in Creations

Hey, I'm pretty new to DBD. I've seen a few Buffy concepts dangling around, but as a HUGE Buffy fan myself, I think it'd be killer to have a Buffy DLC in the game.

I decided to create my own DLC concept with two survivors, a killer and a map. As I'm quite new to DBD I may not be the best at coming up with perks. Please let me know if they're too weak, too OP, or too weird (or possibly too similar to existing perks). With that, let's get into it...

Buffy Summers

Perk - Bloody Buffy:

Your friends are your greatest asset when you’re in danger. 

When being healed by another survivor, you’ll be healed 100% faster if you’re within 20 metres of another survivor repairing a generator. You'll be healed 50% faster if you’re healing yourself within a 20 metre range of another survivor repairing a generator.

"There is only one thing on this earth more powerful than evil. And that's us" - Buffy Summers

Perk - Stake Night: You’d never leave the house without one. If you’re not holding an item when you enter a locker, the killer will be stunned if he searches the locker whilst you’re inside. 

"I'm the thing that monsters have nightmares about" - Buffy Summers

Perk - Chosen One: You’re no stranger to death; the legacy of the Slayer will always live on.  

When hooked, as well as having the option to attempt escape, you also have the option to sacrifice yourself for the greater good. 

When you sacrifice yourself to the Entity you will unleash the following:

- All other survivors instantly heal one health state

- The killer is stunned and will drop any survivors that they’re carrying. 

You cannot sacrifice yourself in stage 3 of the entity’s sacrifice (or stage 2 depending on your health.) You cannot attempt escape and then sacrifice yourself if the escape attempt fails. 

"I may be dead, but I'm still pretty" - Buffy Summers

Willow Rosenberg / Rupert Giles (this is an either or as all these perks can easily be interchanged between both characters and I think they'd both be cool in game but obviously only one of these would).

Perk - Hex No: Beware those looking to harm your friends. Each time a totem is cleansed, you see the killers aura for 5 seconds.

"We need to figure out how to kill this thing, and we need to do it fast." - Willow Rosenberg

Perk - Booksmart: Years of studying finally pays off. If a hook has been sabotaged, you can unhook a survivor within a 15 meter range as long as the hook is in view. This perk doesn’t take into affect the hook sabotage effect and can be used at any point after a hook has been sabotaged.

"I'd best head to the library. Research beckons." - Rupert Giles

Perk - Aphrodite's Conjuring (Willow) / Watcher’s Watch (Giles): There’s nothing more powerful than the goddess of love (Willow) / A Slayer slays, and a Watcher watches (Giles). When the first survivor that isn't you becomes injured, you are instantly bonded and you can see each other’s aura for the entire match. This perk becomes inactive if either you or the other survivor suffers from the Sired effect. 

Now onto the killer... I truly believe this one has the potential to be one of the scariest in the game.

THE MASTER

Power: Hellbringer

"You laugh when my hell is on Earth?" - The Master

The Master is determined to open the gates of hell. But first he needs to feast. Absorb blood orbs left by your injured foes. Consuming Blood Orbs in the environment will fill your Power gauge. When your Power gauge is full, press and hold the Active Ability button to initiate Hellbringer.

While Hellbringer is active, The Master becomes lethal and gains access to additional abilities: Vampyr and Hellmouth. 

Vampyr - Press and hold the Power button while Hellbribger is active, to activate Vampyr. When Vampyr is active, the killer can see the auras of all survivors. When you injure a survivor, they’re affected by the Sire status effect. This effect allows survivors to damage generators, which they must do within 30 seconds to prevent going into the dying state. The Sired effect disappears when the survivor either damages a generator or goes into the dying state. 

Hellmouth - If you activate Hellbringer after all generators have been repaired, press and hold the Power button while Hellbringer is active, to activate Hellmouth. This ability means that when the first gate is opened, all survivors are teleported to the basement. The Master must be at least 25 metres away from the basement when this ability is activated for it to work. 

Perk - Grr Argh: The smell of fear alerts your senses. Get a visual alert when the first generator of the match starts be get repaired.

Perk - Hypnosis: Your ancient power controls the minds of others. Hooking a survivor won’t alert other survivors to their location, and when the survivor is unhooked they run at a 5% reduced speed for 3 seconds. 

Perk - Anointed One: You become obsessed with one Survivor.

Every time you chase your Obsession and they drop a pallet or vault through a window/door during the chase, you receive a Token up to a maximum of 3 Tokens.

Each Token gives 1 survivor the Haemorrage effect when injured.

Performing a Basic or Special Attack will consume 1 Token.

MAP (indoor) - Sunnydale High

Sunnydale Highschool abandoned late at night. A two-story map with a school at the top, and a series of connected tunnels on the lower level.

MAP (outdoor) - Sunnydale Cemetery

The favourite hangout spot of the Scooby Gang. Complete with graves and crypts galore.

So let me know what you think. I know they aren't perfect but the general idea is there. I'm also thinking that an Anya and Spike survivor might be a cool idea so I might post that soon.

Post edited by WizardRockwell on

Comments

• WizardRockwell
    Options

I realised some of these perks are similar to ones that already exist any tips?

• Tubby_Squirrel
    Tubby_Squirrel Member Posts: 244
    Options

I don't think Buffy is a good fit for a suvivor. She's a character that should be able to fight back, even against a lot of DBD's supernatural cast. She's too strong of a character, both physically and in terms of skill/capability to be a survivor. It would not make sence imo to put her in such a helpless role.

• Tayte
    Tayte Member Posts: 65
    edited November 2020
    Options

I don't know her lore or person, but then again. Ash and Bill exists. So I don't think its really an issue. I mean, even David could probably kick up Legion if we were realistic.

And Ash killed an entire zombie army and multiple demons.

• WizardRockwell
    Options

Not really, she is really dependent on others and when fighting The Master the only way she defeated him was by dying first.

• WizardRockwell
    Options

Bump! Updated the Grr Arrgh perk as it was a worser version of Tinkerer. It now gives you a notification to the location of the first generator that's getting repaired.

• sleepylibra
    sleepylibra Member Posts: 53
    Options

I sooooo wish we would get a buffy chapter. I mean we got a weird K-pop chapter so anything should be possible. I think human Anya would be the best survivor, by far the most interesting lore and soooooo many of the best cosmetics to choose from between her bunny costume to her OMWF lingerie

• mrgenerey
    mrgenerey Member Posts: 1
    Options

I need this girl.