The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anyone Else Have Massive Frame Drop This Patch?

I made a thread about this in the bug section, but no one (Devs or Mods) have seem to confirm they saw it or provide any solutions that I may have not thought about. Therefor I'm asking if anyone else has experienced this and fixed it? Or it's a general issue that remains unresolved. I have had nothing but steady 60 frames on Low 0 Resolution on this game for 1.3K hours, but now I can't even get pass 20. The Main Menu is worse in that I only get 10-15 there. Yesterday it would randomly come back for a few seconds every 5 minutes or so, but today I have had no such mercy. The game even gave me it's first ever crash when loading a new bloodweb level. Very frustrating.

So has anyone got any advice for me? Or are experiencing similar problems? Let me know please. Thank you.

Comments

• myers_obsession
    myers_obsession Member Posts: 552

I have 10-15 fps drops since the patch. Mostly on big maps. (Swamp, mothers dwelling, shelter Woods)

• Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one having frame issues, however mine seems to involve the entirety of the game itself. Are you having frame drops in the menu? Or only on those maps?

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435

ya my frames have been terrible but they were fine this morning

• Hmm. My frames are destroyed all over. 10-15 frames in the menu, and 20-30 in the game. When I used to get 60 on both. I don't know what they did, but they made the game almost unplayable for me. Worst part is, I won't be able to play during the double blood points event. I'm very dissapointed to say the least.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Not only have frames gone to ######### but anytime I try to pick survivors off generators, windows, pallets or hook my character freezes in the pickup animation but the survivors can still move about freely and do stuff. This freeze will last for about 20 or so seconds before I gain control again by which point I'm watching survivors confusingly t-bagging me or simply poping gens.

This 2X BP event is nearly unplayable as killer on console right now simply because of this issue. I don't really want to play survivor but its the only way I can get BP, and its highly unlikely BHVR will offer console a "do over" on this event.

They said they are looking to get console a optimization patch by December but we need at least a fix on our current FPS downgrade that this chapter release has caused.

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284
    I’m on console and noticed the frame rates are even worse now. I was looking at some of the new skins in the store and idle animations of killers weren’t just slideshows, they would actually disappear for multiple frames during the animation. Even the campfire animation was really bad waiting to get in game
  • I'm on PC, I can't even imaging what it's like for you console folk. Regardless, this update is a ######### show. I hope there is at least a small bit of compensation for this but I doubt it. I'm still playing the game for the points, putting aside the fact that I miss 70% of my swings due to ######### frames. Ever try to hit a 360'ing survivor on 15 frames? Extremely difficult let me tell you.
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    I'm doing fine but I played a match against a huntress that said they had these problems and the whole huntress stuff happening now didn't help them. We were on rancid abitior idk how to spell it but you know what I mean 
  • Mutant
    Mutant Member Posts: 1
    I had no problems but then I just started getting like 10 FPS. I restarted and got my 60 FPS back, but it still drops a lot. On a One X BTW.
  • Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293

If you are starting out at a decent rate and it steadily declines to a freeze then usually that is a memory leak . For those who launch at a lower then normal rate ive noticed this too and if I sit on the killer/survivor screen a few mins it usually corrects , haven't been seeing any major drops in matches after that . What I have been experiencing though is the sudden 2 sec freeze at random times and usually seems to be triggered by a event , someone hooked , pallet dropped or even a skillcheck . These are totally random and maybe 1 in every 2 or 3 matches on average .

• No great start on frames for me, so it doesn't sound like a memory leak. Was perfectly fine at 60. Now I'm just 15-20 most of the time. It evens out a bit when matches go on long enough oddly, and again sometimes returns in the menu. But as soon as I switch it to another page, (bloodweb, loadout, store, etc) it drops back down immediately. Very infuriating.
  • McCree
    McCree Member Posts: 294

I actually have this every now and then but also when I start the game if I'm in alt tab the game bugs out and ends up not responding

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

If render scaling is too low, it can also cause performance issues.
    I have a PC that can just run the game at 30fps playing Killer. I get at least 45fps as Survivor. The reason I get less as Killer is because for some reason the weapon being on the screen makes it run even worse.
    You should set your render scaling to around 50%. Believe me, it helps.

Though I might be wrong - I think render scaling being too low affecting performance may be For Honor instead of Dead by Daylight. But try it anyway.

• Thank you for the advice, I will attempt to try it in the morning, though honestly I do have my doubts. Because as I said, I have never ever had a problem with my frame rate on this game. Even with my crappy GPU. And I've also never had the game crash until this update. Regardless, I will try it out. Thanks again for the responses guys!
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

Going into the store causes the FPS of the entire game to drop until the game is restarted. On console, it persists until you reboot the console. So, don’t go into the store and then expect to play the game. You need to close it, and reopen it.

• GeneralDaltonXander
    GeneralDaltonXander Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2018
    Thank you for the notification. However the frames are tanked as soon as the game starts up. The title card itself is 30 frames and skipping like a schoolgirl when it used to be 60 and smooth. And multiple times now I have had sessions playing without once going into the store and the frames are still garbage. But again I sincerely appreciate the advice. Thank you.
  • GeneralDaltonXander
    GeneralDaltonXander Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2018
    I just wanted to update everyone in saying that my issue has been resolved. It now runs buttery smooth again at a steady 60. How you may ask? I've no clue! It was crap this morning, then I went away, came back a few hours later, deleted a program I haven't used since one of college classes two years ago, then I started the game and BOOM. Everything was better. And no, before you ask, it was not the program because I have had it this whole time with no issue until this update, so it couldn't be that. Did they release a shadow patch or something? Anyway, my issue has been rectified. Thank you for all the support or advice you guys gave. I really appreciate it!

(Edited for grammar)