We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Idea for a new killer - Mimic

LaBPedro
LaBPedro Member Posts: 22
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

So, I've been thinking about this for a while, and think a killer that can disguise him/herself to look like one of the other survivors would be a fun addition. It could work like as soon as they hook a survivor they morph/mimic that survivor and stay like that until they attack another survivor. One of their perks could be sabotage, so when they help a survivor "repair" a gen they actually hinder the progress, like someone missing skill checks.

Need to think about the other perks though lol

Comments

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444

Sounds cool in idea but after a few matches vs it it would be useless against experienced survivors.

Kinda reminds me of the legion trailer tbh.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

Ya this is a cool idea and has been tossed around for a bit. The biggest problem would be swf. "Oh he got me. K. Avoid the Dwight".

Any solo survivor watching the hook would also immediately know who the killer is. Might work 2 v 8?

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

it's amazing how this idea that was rumored around 2017 still has some people proposing it. Not only would be useless against SWFs, it would be unsuitable for nowadays meta.

• DFP
    DFP Member Posts: 156

Sign us up. :)

Always imagined a mimic killer working on a roullette system, it becomes a random survivor or a chest and the power doesn't start cooldown until you break your cover.

SWF would counter it to some degree, but they'd either have to cluster up and be easy prey or sacrifice themselves for a win thanks to the random factor.

So long as you plan your approach and have an average move speed by the time they confirm it's a baddie it'd be too late. <3

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Devs have already stated that their firmly against any kind of killer that could assume the likeness of survivors. That’s why John Carpenter’s The Thing has been ruled out as a possible future addition.

Mimic esque killer would make things interesting tho

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

I like the concept of a mimic, but it should mimic objects, not people. Like, a chest, rock, sapling, generator, hook, pallet, etc. Or a guy who has a trained mimic or mimics that you can leave as a trap.