Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Missed skillcheck

Hello player of the fog,

it has happened to me more often that I have apparently not hit a skillcheck when I have used up my first-aid kit. That's very annoying, because it makes the killer aware of your position. There's no way to hit the skillcheck because it won't show up!

The same thing happens with the pig's bear traps. You free yourself from your trap and in the same animation the sound of an unhit skillcheck comes and thus your position is betrayed.

Can we please do something about this?
Has it ever happened to you?

Comments

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

@Orange_Lady said:
    Hello player of the fog,

it has happened to me more often that I have apparently not hit a skillcheck when I have used up my first-aid kit. That's very annoying, because it makes the killer aware of your position. There's no way to hit the skillcheck because it won't show up!

The same thing happens with the pig's bear traps. You free yourself from your trap and in the same animation the sound of an unhit skillcheck comes and thus your position is betrayed.

for the pig at least i thought she always got alerted to someone finishing using a box

• Orange_Lady
    Orange_Lady Member Posts: 49

@holywhitetrash no I think the pig gets a notification only with a certain add on if you can free yourself from the bear trap or you miss the skillcheck...but back to my post: you can do nothing against it :(

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@holywhitetrash said:

@Orange_Lady said:
    Hello player of the fog,

for the pig at least i thought she always got alerted to someone finishing using a box

Only with an add-on, I think. Either that or I've missed the notification every single time.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Orange_Lady said:
    @holywhitetrash no I think the pig gets a notification only with a certain add on if you can free yourself from the bear trap or you miss the skillcheck...but back to my post: you can do nothing against it :(

It's a serious bug, and you should report it in the appropriate section.

• Orange_Lady
    Orange_Lady Member Posts: 49

should I write this to support and register? I have never done this before

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Last few times I've always got a notification when somebody got a trap off their head. I haven't really thought much about it.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    With the pig it seems random or only when in a certain radius. 
    I had notification when someone used wrong biz, took it off. On the other hand, there were countless times where I didn't get any notification for any of these. 

The only addons I use on The Pig are for quicker crouching and faster ambush charge and cooldown. (or no addons at all)