What Does The Blight Actually Look Like?

Everyone knows how his default appearance looks when he debuted in Chapter XVII, but ever since he received lore treatment in Tome V, the animation for said story includes Talbot transforming into The Blight, yet under a different look overall.

He goes from this initial look:

To suddenly looking like this:

The animatic depicts his appearance as one reminiscent of his True Blight cosmetic.

This confuses me greatly as to what the hell this guy canonically looks like in the DbD story. His Eternal Blight skin or his default skin?

Comments

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    edited November 2020

Well, idk if this is proven, but since we see him transform a few different times in his trailers, and all his little animatics I think he may transform multiple times. If I remember right, his Eternal Blight skin comes straight from a plant, while his regular skin comes from his serum, so it may have something to do with that. If he can transform multiple times, kinda like a Jekyll/Hyde thing, it's perfectly reasonable to say both are canon.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

The lore itself and certain add-on descriptions suggest he does not revert to his normal self after transforming. Also in the Tome V story, it's easy to say he hasn't transformed yet up until that moment the Pustula Canker took a hold of him. Now that begs the question if he changed from the plant overdose or the serum overdose.

• Ghost_Face_Main

Really like the third combo you have there, but I'm talking more about what the game shows his normal design to be.

• NomiNomad

We have seen this ping pong ######### inject himself quite a few times over the years, and I believe the devs even referred to him as their take on Jekyll & Hyde at one point. Maybe here's a thought. True Blight was the first transformation. It's wild, disgusting, chaotic. Maybe after a while he reverted back. Anything is possible with the killers. Maybe what we see in his actual trailer is his final transformation. The Entity got him hooked, and he can never go back again. His serum is much more refined, which can explain why his normal Blight skin doesn't have all the Pustula Roots and Entity Claws out of his back.

• NomiNomad

Another thing I noticed - In the True Blight cinematic, he has 5 fingers. Normal Blight has 6. I'm not sure if that's how it is ingame, (and it could be an oversight) but that could be more evidence to True Blight being his first transformation.

• Ghost_Face_Main

That's not that much of a stretch honestly. You might be on to something with that whole revert then and change again later. He did look really twitchy, weak, and withdrawn in the trailer with the ragged cloak already on. I know BHVR will have more to tell with crazy Talbot, so I doubt they'll say anything now.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    edited November 2020
  • NomiNomad

I mean, as much as this game annoys me sometimes, the lore in this game is top notch, and I think Blight is by far the top there. I would be very sad if this is the last we ever see from ol' Talbot.