Haunted locker... what the??

i was playing cold wind farm at the killer shack doing a generator and one of the lockers opened by itself with no one in it.

Is is this a new thing. I have never seen it do that before????

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,958

I've never seen that happen at all, and no it's nothing new that's been implemented...that's very strange. I've not heard anyone else say anything about it either. It was probably a one off incident (no idea how it was caused though), but if it does happen again it would be great to see it.

• ArthurDent
    ArthurDent Member Posts: 44

It was really odd. There was only one other survivor left alive with me and they were being downed on the other side of the map

wish I was recording it..

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,958
    edited November 2020

I wish you were recording it as well, I'd have loved to have seen that!

I love it when weirdly unexpected things happen in a game

• ProwlingDead
    ProwlingDead Member Posts: 23

I've seen some glitches lately where the survivor model disappears, Like on hook,

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Sure it wasn't a wraith that was invisible?

• The only thing I can come up with is lag that the animation is late.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,767

I've seen this before and I think it's a bug when lockers are opened too fast. This means shadow dance + iron maiden as wraith, or deerskin gloves + iron maiden as huntress. The locker just re-opens itself randomly. It's weird.

I think, anyway.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I didn't see it but I HEARD it recently. I was playing Spooky Myers and I could see the aura of all four Survivors in front of me. I heard the damn locker behind me open and close fast (loud and clear). I was confused as heck.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Maybe it was Harry Potter using his cloak. Harry Potter might be the next survivor!

• Crap_Martini
    Crap_Martini Member Posts: 50

Quite possibly a player out of sync.

I was playing as a killer and gen finished by itself. I walked around it twice was unable to kick it and ping!

About 5 seconds later (possibly less) scratch marks appeared heading away from the gen. Followed and found a survivor, pretty sure they were the one that finished that gen.

Either that or someone is using an invisibility hack (honestly don't know if that is a thing)

Always going to be a problem when everyone is running on different systems with different internet setups. You will invariably get weird bugs.

I had one last night were a Myers downed me. When he picked me up I was on his back in a falling animation, couldn't wiggle as the prompt didn't appear. Next time he picked me up it was normal.

Possibly the only two glitches I've seen during my time with dbd.

• There are some funny locker bugs with trapper, but I never heard of any with Pyramid head.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I have seen it happen before but I forget who the killer was other then it was NOT a stealth killer so it couldn't have been wraith.

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188

Yo that happened to me on Yamoka estate. Also there was a video on the subreddit of it happening but Idk where it is