Thoughts on a FnaF chapter or Springtrap as a killer?

2ยป

Comments

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

There's a certain person on these forums dedicated to the idea of Springtrap being in dbd that they've even made troll posts. It's gone that far that I wouldn't be able to look at Springtrap in dbd the same way I did years ago.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Agreed, and anyone who says it's a kids thing have obviously not read the books, even if they're sold in kids/teens sections.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I wonder what happened? Not that I don't mind that its stopped ( It just made me scared that it would ruin the idea even further). Anyway

• Dabihwow

I mean the new books/short stories are ######### disturbing to where I would consider it adult. An example is a pregnant woman dying in a ventilation system, getting possesed, and dead bodies of children, yeah I'm don't think that's meant for kids.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

While we are at it, we could as well get The Count von Count, he is a Vampire after all. And his ability could resolve about the numbers of gens, totems, and hooks to stay on theme. Maybe Bert as survivor, he always stroke me as someone with ptsd, which might make him suitable for the entity.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Irrelevant unknown franchise, but as long as killer power concept is interesting, why not

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Yet you see the material sprawled around children's blankets or shirts. Wether you think so or not, kids go for that stuff lol. It's pretty wierd to think about.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 336

FNAF isn't really meant for kids, they just play it anyway. Same with COD or GTA, it isn't meant for them...but there they are. FNAF is a game about possessed animatronics with the corpses of dead kids in them. Pretty sure a game about a serial killer that kills kids is NOT meant to be played by kids. Still....some of these kids who do play it ARE obnoxious and do harass others. The more mature fans (mostly) do not. I can see why people would not want FNAF in DBD as those specific toxic fans do not deserve it. But what about those that are not toxic? Should they be punished for the actions of a few? IMO, whether you are for or against FNAF being in DBD should not be decided on the hate for certain types of fans. Rather, it should be decided on the story, lore, and gameplay (how it would play in DBD, not the FNAF games gameplay.)

For the story and lore, the animatronics are possessed by vengeful spirits out to get revenge on the one who killed them. Whether or not this type of killer, in story, would work doesn't matter. The vengeful spirits are kids. The devs made it clear no kid characters would ever be in DBD, period. So that eliminates 98% of the possible choices for a killer. The only killer from the franchise that can actually work and would be acceptable, (isn't a kid, kid ghost, or otherwise) is Springtrap. Springtap...is NOT an animatronic. It is a person inside of spring lock suit, specifically...a serial killer. IMO, FNAF, specifically Springtap, Can fit story wise. The gameplay.....I don't see it. I cannot think of a power that would work for a FNAF killer AND make sense to both games. This is where it falls off for me. The story and lore fitting each other is fine...but what matters most is the gameplay. I just can't think of something that works for both sides. (Maybe something that uses the Madness status effect to induce the phantom jump scares from the 3rd game? Maybe not.) Perhaps the devs could come up with something that does...but until it is ever mentioned...gameplay wise...it is a no from me. Though, I am open to being proven wrong on any and all accounts. Regardless...I too think it would be best to wait quite some time before ever adding it to DBD assuming it ever would be. At minimum a year from now. Possibly 2 and it would be acceptable. All the toxic FNAF fans should have left by then...I think....maybe....

Again, I'd say no just cause I can't see how it works specifically in terms of gameplay.

Just my opinion that I put about a minute's worth of time into, lol.

• Dabihwow

Probably for the best. I've been trying to tell people that the Fnaf community was never meant to grow with kids for quite a while. Its probably we just wait for the future then we'll see, plus the filming for the movie starts next year in the Spring. So let's see how it goes.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Next killer is Donkey from Shrek, book it

• VerseG
    VerseG Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2020

TBH, I'd be down for it, although there'd definitely have to be some major design changes. Something about being a giant, monochrome rabbit just doesn't go well with the artstyle of the other killers. Then again, we have Legion.

Still, I doubt it'll ever happen, mainly because of the ****storm that it would cause.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Yeah definitely. A game with possessed animatronics and a man murdering children and stuffing them into suits is for the same demographic as kids who watch Blueโ€™s Clues. For sure. Canโ€™t see any disagreement there.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 1,003

Yeah power wise is kinda a bust, only thing I can think of is using phantom animatronics which when contact with a survivor activates killer instinct and some kind of status while also having a secondary power like Pyramid Head so you do not always have to relay on 1 side power.

Feel like he be more of a 3 power killer since he may have some ability to slow gens or make the game slower kinda like a trap [Springtrap pun]

Pyramid Head was good and he is from a video game so if they do add Springtrap they should look into making him have power mash ups like Pyramid head.

Again he would be perfect in Dead By daylight but his power, perks, or even mechanics will be difficult to make since its a Jumpscare game so you dont really see what he is cable of besides the lore and books.

Feel like he maybe a mix with Doctor for hallucinations and Trapper so he can trap stuff like certain gens or loops while slowing the game but a hint of tracking to make him bit more menacing so the game wont end to quickly if survivors are pounding on gens non stop cause he will be keeping track of their every step.

Fun fact is about me I never played any single FNAF game because I am more of the reading the lore and books while watching fnaf videos cause I do like some what of the jumpscare mechanics.

If given the time the Devs could think of a way to add him into the game while being very useful and perhaps a High tier killer as long the FNAF chapter only contains Springtrap since we never see a security guard and a Fnaf 3 styled map which burns down in end game since would be interesting of what the Devs version of Fnaf 3 is.

There is good and the bad Fnaf Fandom but what I realize is they can make custom Springtrap cosmetics more easily since if I remember correctly Scott did love fan games including Joy of Creation which did have a custom Springtrap model for halloween.

I would like to see him ingame but he has to be done right with little bugs if Devs want him in game cause it may lead into a Freddy rework scenerio if he is some how rushed.

So if the Devs do want him in game lets just hope the Devs take as much time as possible and much time they need even if it takes 2 years.

• zampa087
    zampa087 Member Posts: 1

Again he would be perfect in Dead By daylight but his power, perks, or even mechanics will be difficult to make since its a Jumpscare game so you dont really see what he is cable of besides the lore and books.

Feel like he maybe a mix with Doctor for hallucinations and Trapper so he can trap stuff like certain gens or loops while slowing the game but a hint of tracking to make him bit more menacing so the game wont end to quickly if survivors are pounding on gens non stop cause he will be keeping track of their every step.

Fun fact is about me I never played any single FNAF game because I am more of the reading the lore and books while watching fnaf videos cause I do like some what of the jumpscare mechanics.

But everyone believe that xxxtentacion may do taht these things and take revenge of it but their revenge merch like https://xxxtentacionmerch.net/product/xxxtentacion-revenge-hoodie/ shut down of everyone mouth.

• Izo_Quartz
    Izo_Quartz Member Posts: 250

If we can't have springtrap then there's no way we should have any weeb anime in this game...

• thepyramidhead
    thepyramidhead Member Posts: 59
    edited December 2020

Meh

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

It would be fine. It's horror, and horror is broad and means many things. Fair game, in my opinion.

I've said this about Five Nights at Freddy's in other threads, but: You're playing a game about an obese chain-smoker in an elephant costume who chases people around a haunted circus and throws fart clouds at a Twitch streamer who is wearing a bunny hoodie.

• Rydog

Unrelated, but I applaud the attention to detail in your username, Audrey. ๐Ÿ˜„

• Rydog

Please jam me into a fuse box until my head explodes, thanks.

• MichaelAMyers
    MichaelAMyers Member Posts: 292
    edited December 2020

Nah im throwing you in a furry outfit and have you attend a furry convention.

Post edited by MichaelAMyers on
  • DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

So, I've seen a few people on board mentioning that they are unsure what Sptingtrap's Power would be...

I had an... Idea.

SHOWTIME:

"Drawing power from being the center of attention, the Attraction grows stronger the more attention his actions garner."

Function- The Attraction has three tiers of his power: Inert, Active, and Overcharged, each with a distinctive effect.

While the Attraction is in his Inert state, his movement speed is greatly reduced, on par with Evil Within 1. However, he has the Undetectable status during this state, unless Overcharged.

By being seen on any Survivor's screen, Showtime builds up power, bringing the Attraction from his Inert state to his Active state over the span of a second or so.

While in his Active state, the Attraction moves at regular speed, loses the Ubdetectable status, and builds up a secondary gauge for use in his Overcharged state.

By pressing [Right Click], the Attraction may expend his secondary resource to become Overcharged, granting him a massive speed boost and the ability to instantly put Survivors into the Dying state. Survivors downed this way immediately drains the Overcharge state of all energy, and drops the Attraction to the Inert state.

While not being actively observed, the Attraction goes from his Active state to his Inactive state over the span of a few seconds.

Just, something to consider for those who care.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 336

Seems interesting for a power, but wouldn't survivors be able to deny him his power by simply looking away immediately, then running? Also, it seems to work a lot like Myer's power. I like the undetectable status effect for him though.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

Yes, let's go ahead and add FNAF, superheroes, and jedi to the game.

That's exactly what most of us want.

• DarKaron

Obviously, it isn't entirely complete, as it is a concept, but kind of the idea was that you could trigger Overcharge at any point and bum-rush for at least a second or two at a time, and inevitably, someone will be looking at you at almost all times, causing your charge to build constantly, if not incredibly quickly, especially if they use Dead Hard the proper way.

• DarKaron

Kind of the idea was to make him a reverse Meyers.

Survivors give him strength by having him visible on-screen AT ALL, rather than having to stalk Survivors, and where Meyers can snowball big time with his power, the Attraction would be limited to bum-rushing a Survivor and knocking them on their butt.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

No. I don't think FNAF is a good fit for DBD. Sure, the lore is great but that's all it has going for it. One of the biggest cons would be it would attract toxic kids and I think DBD has enough toxicity as it is.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

You get what you deserve, Mr. Afton...