Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What Killer do you play as that is deemed "low tier" and why?

For myself it's Wraith, I honestly used to hate playing as him whenever I first played this game (beginning of the year) but since then he's one of my favourites. Sure he's not the strongest but after learning a few tricks and the feeling of stalking your prey and hunting them down is a plus in my book. He also has pretty cool cosmetics.

Comments

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Micheal and Clown.

Clown I just enjoy the concept of knowing the survivors options and herding them with my bottles.

Micheal I enjoy the stealth aspect but if you get noticed early and don't get a quick level 2 it can be a real rough game.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

i like playing as wraith, clown and trapper but if i get a descent team i know im just not going to win.

wraith with windstorm, a clapper, or at the very least ghost is pretty good but hes considered weak because his base power with no addons is hot garbage

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    edited November 2020

I'm a Trapper main.

I know the maps/routes survivors take but Trapper has gotten a really big stealth buff over the years:

They keep adding new killers.

Nobody knows how to handle Trapper anymore I swear. Into the trap ya go lil cute thing.

• CrashMADDS13
    CrashMADDS13 Member Posts: 302

I love clown. Everyone seems to think he's trash but the bottles to me are one of the easiest anti loop strategies.

Also it's Christmas time and santa clown is coming to town.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Wraith, cause he's the most fun to me.

Love it especially if: I land a 1-hit while they're Healthy, from a post-uncloak super-lunge, while they were unaware of my presence, with them just barely not making it to a Pallet or Vault, and then kill them using Hex: Devour Hope which was also the source of the 1-hit.

That ######### is just MMMMM!

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

What people consider weak huh.....

I guess I play legion and pig a lot, they are considered really weak but I like them also clown.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited November 2020

Idk if she is generally considered low tier, but I consider Pig low tier, so I'm counting it. I main Pig because I am a sucker for alt wincons (in this case, the fact that she can kill Survivors with Reverse Bear Traps).

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I play Myers because:

1. He was listed as difficult and I wanted to learn on a hard Killer rather than an easy one.
    2. He is the spiritual Godfather of the entire genre that spawned this game.
    3. He is Michael "Freaking" Myers.

For the record, I disagree with the notion that he is Low Tier. I'd put him in the middle at worst.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Legion. They're nice, simple, great for warming up, actually a fair bit better than people give the credit for, and also I'm addicted to getting that sweet, sweet Legion Instadown (Stabbing someone in Frenzy to injure them, them dropping the pallet on your head at the same time, and you having Spirit Fury/Enduring).

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Wraith, because with the right addons and perks I think he becomes much, much better than people think he is. Plus, I find him the most fun stealth killer

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited November 2020

The thing I like about options that are rarely picked is how you can catch people off guard because they are thinking "Oh he wouldn't be stupid enough to do that".

Slightly off topic but one killer I still play is Nurse. She is certainly not low tier but the reason I bring her up is the amount of survivors I face lately that simply don't know how to play against Nurse is mind boggling. Since her rework hardly anyone is using her due to her bugs. Throw in cross play where Nurse barely even worked at all on consoles and you got a ton of people who have never faced a decent Nurse. Those survivors try to pallet loop the Nurse as if she were a M1 killer. They get out played badly, then they go to the forums and scream "Nurse is OP!" What I find hilarious is how foolish these players look when people "educate" them on all the things they are doing wrong.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,217
    edited November 2020

I play quite a few low-tier killers, but one of the killers I've been enjoying a lot recently is Plague. Her power is a lot more strategic than most other killer's powers, you have to plan ahead around your resources and who's infected. She's one of the slowest killers to get going, but once she does, the Plague Train has no brakes. Plus getting hits with Corrupt Purge is one of the most satisfying things in this game by a mile.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Demogorgon: It's a monster, how cool is that? I love downing someone and then roaring at them.

Plague: It's really satisfying to quickly down Survivor with her vomit.

Wraith: I love coming out of nowhere with the Coxcombed Clapper and grabbing a Survivor.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

Legion. Mainly because I love the Suzy cosmetics.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Pre-rework Freddy. I had 200h solely from playing him.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Would people consider Leatherface low-tier now?

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Pig....

She's the only killer I have the most perks on and was my first killer I played

And I am a SAW fan

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Imo leatherface is on the higher end of mid-tier, the rework did a lot for him.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

To OP: Trapper. The feeling of catching someone in a trap is simply immaculate.

Off-topic, but what's your fav Saw? 1 is obviously a horror classic, but 6 is highly underrated imo.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Honestly.... I like them all... But 5 was my Fav... All of them are "a trip into ones mind" kind of movies

But I tend to break them down like

SAW 1-2 Good start... sets the foundation for the series

SAW 3-4 Happen at the same time so they're pretty much SAW 3 p1 and p2

SAW 5 Was a good In between kind of movie... The first after John dies and Hoffman takes over... And showing how selfish ppl can be was a good twist

SAW 6, SAW 7 and JIGSAW "finalizes John's story" by "killing" those people whom have wronged John in the past while having "in fighting tear up his disciples

Then Spiral is showing to be "another Jigsaw disciple" but with a different call sign (the Spiral instead of the Jigsaw piece)

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657

Clown, because he has "artillery trickshots" that neither Huntress or Deathslinger has.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

Wraith because I like trying to sneak up on survivors. Demogorgan because I find his kit to be interesting and he is fun in low to midranks.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

I like to play Legion. I'm decent with Spirit, and if I put more effort into it, I could probably do great with her—but i prefer Legion.

For starters, one of the things that infuriates me about DBD is that the game can quickly turn into hide and go seek. It's very frustrating to go up against if you're not running a perk like Whispers. With Legion though? Sure, you need to find one on your own but then you can find the rest in moments thanks to Killer Instinct. Once they're injured they're noisy unless they have Iron Will, and leave blood everywhere (which makes Bloodhound great on him).

Another is that because Frenzy guarantees a first hit, you essentially have permanent Exposed on all survivors. Honestly, that's great since it means I only need to outplay/mind game a survivor once to get a down, making chases feel so much better. Plus, one of the reasons I love using Thana on Legion is that I get a sorta "feels good man" sensation knowing every survivor I injure is helping me with the rest of the survivors as well (despite knowing the numbers aren't that great)

For reasons I cannot describe, there is just something fun about stabbing a survivor over and over again. I don't do it too much without some strategic reason (after all, I don't want to ruin their experience by making the game M1 simulator) but there's just something i enjoy about it.

Legion's a very basic killer. While this is dull to many, I find this to also be a blessing. Getting good in chase as Legion means I'm improving my chases as Trapper, Piggy, and all other M1 killers. It also means that there is a lot of flexibility in what perk loadout I can use because—again—Legion is a rather simple and basic killer.

Oh, and Julie's thicc and Susie's adorable. Am I missing anything?

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Legion: Easy to use, good for farming BP. Fun to play if you don't care about preforming well, chaining hits is a good feeling when you can do it.

Demo: I'm a huge monster/cryptid fan, wish we had more killers like this in the game. The roar on an attack is satisfying.

Pig: I just like pig, don't know what else to really say. I'm not particularly good with her, my M1 skills carry me a lot on her, I'm just ok with her dashes. I like giving the survivors an extra objective even if she's not that strong. I only play her on occasion though, so I don't expect to be all that great.

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

A good trapper is scary, I think people see a lot of newer people play him so they think they're getting an easy game. I do think he's weak but he is massively under utilised