When and when not to camp

When you are at 5 gens don't camp. You can go do so much more and get more hooks and points.

When you are at 1 gen without a three gen or the gates open and you at least want one kill. Camp. It sucks for the survivors but hey if they all bumrush you they'll get the unhook anyway at least you tried

I am a killer main, trying to play more survivor and at the lower ranks there is a lot, and I mean A LOT of facecamping and proxy camping. That is not the way to learn guys

Comments

• JoeyBob
    JoeyBob Member Posts: 477

Camp when they're about to die. Camp when survivors are around the hook and aren't doing gens. Camp against an altruistic team. Camp if you have insidious. Proxy camp basement if it's in center of map.

Ect.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

I usually camp at the end of the game when the gens are done as there is nothing else to do.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Oh I thought this was a question.

Any situation where I think camping is the right call I usually opt for baiting the save and going after the unhooker. I do that when the survivors are clearly very altruistic. I'm not going to look for them when I know where most of them are going unless there's a gen I really need to defend.

I wouldn't really consider hooking someone in a 3 gen or after the gens are done and sticking around camping. You're still near gens like you should be and in the other there's no where else for you to really be. Even if they are technically camping, not the same spirit in it I guess.

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

I don't think there's any reason to leave if you know the survivors aren't on gens. If they're not pressuring you why chase them ? If there's two hovering around the hook you can force a trade if not you keep 3 /4 busy. Now if you know all 3 are the other side of the map you're just throwing by camping.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

you can camp whenever you want, tho you have to understand when to do it, not because sometimes is fair, but because sometimes is worthy. also, honorable mention, when you hard camp, you have to at least gain an extra hook state for that camp, if you run away and at the last second survivors get the save, you just wasted 50ish seconds without gaining anything.

• exelse
    exelse Member Posts: 37

You probably shouldn't camp really, but if there's situation where there's only 1 gen left and you haven't hooked anyone I'd probably said go for it.

I tend to camp-ish in this situation, just be around the hook and give opportunity to unhook by other survivors. And then I try to proper chase them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Gives more chances if I have noed on.

• TwistedJoke65
    TwistedJoke65 Member Posts: 316

Yeah but a low rank killer without tracking doesn't know this. For all he knows there's a survivor on 3 different gens who don't give a shite about the hooked person

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

That's the problem if you hook someone and don't have any info on where to go every option is the wrong choice