Held hostage in game

Голубой
Голубой Member Posts: 126
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

I've been in a game for the past 30 minutes where 2 characters are urban evading around the map and I cant find them (nor want to keep looking) and they refuse to leave. I messaged them and they still refuse. I've been sitting at 4 gens for the past 30 mins. Where can I report this? Is it even reportable? I only have 1-2hr to play per day and this game took up all my time it seems (or is going to because i dont wana d/c

Comments

• Голубой

Video evidence? Do they have the game on a server that they could DL? OR that I could DL?

• Голубой
    edited November 2020

This game is so ######### useless. You can't even download a VOD.I had My ENTIRE FREE TIEM FOR THE DAY destroyed BECAUSE OF THIS GAME. and Those 2 arent going to get nay punishment? ######### this game. I'm officially done with it

I don't want to spend the free 1-2 hours I got a day being frustrated and not having the Devs do anything about this clear form of abuse. ######### this. I'll just play another game.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334
    edited November 2020

2 survivors dead, 1 gennie done.

They're probably waiting for hatch. Maybe you should have managed your aggro better?

I reckon the killer come into the game looking for a super fast 4k that they can screen shot and the response from the 2 remaining survivors was to go super stealth.

I've seen games like this, there's no point working on a gennie at that point, your better off farming totems and hooks (toolbox) and hope the other guy gets found first.

This conversation 'holding the game hostage' is amusing, please link this video evidence.

You already have EGC, what more do you entitled killers want?

• Голубой

I was playing Nurse. I hooked the two of them both 2 times. They were on death hook. I can't help it if I just went in the game and destroyed it. But I just wanna move to the next when when thats the case. It's no fun for anyone. I play to practice Nurse. Instead, I got this hostage #########. Anyways, I won't be touching this game for awhile. This left such a bad taste in my mouth that won't go away because BHVR won't do anything with the report. So, I'll just squash the convo here.

I didn't take a video. If I could get the VOD somewhere, that would be nice. I linked a convo of me asking them to do gens and they said no, I had to find them (which I looked for 20 mins but THATS BORING).

• Голубой

Actually Im going to play the most destructive behavIor possible and piss off as many people as possible to add to the toxicity in this community ######### it lol.

• MikaKim
    edited November 2020

Maybe they need EGC with 2 survivors with the level of whining that's going on.

This thread is a farce, the OP made a miserable game for 2 players and then wondered why the other 2 didn't just roll over and die.

OP got what he deserved.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • MikaKim

HAHAHAHAHA

'nOt mY FaULt'

You admit that you destroyed those 2 survivors, how much did they go out for...2k total?

You think the other 2 survivors were passive recipients to that??

See my original post, you didn't manage your aggro, probably camped and tunneled off hook, then wondered why the other 2 didn't just line up.

*Nothing to see here, killer forgot there were 4 other players in the game that wanted to have fun too*

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

you have to have evidence to back up some accusations, and that is video of the match in some way. you must also do the report in the final scoreboard AS WELL as a support ticket to give the additional information of the video to the devs. (or the site/email that was linked earlier) if you do NOT do this then you are the one causing your reports to be disregarded. I've submitted reports and I know for a fact some have been acted on. Stop blaming the dev's inability to make a call when you can't even make the effort to give them the information! that'd be like telling the cops you just got robbed and can't prove that your wallet is gone!

honestly the fact you don't understand when EGC starts or could be started totally destroys all the information you tried to put out there and shows you're just a small time adult kid that loves to call people names and tell them they suck when you don't know what you're talking about. Please learn before you speak.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

Your post was answered promptly by a community member and a MOD. If someone is doing something ban-able start recording. Who counts on a game to store what would be thousands of terabytes per hour jic you need to report something? Evidence is ALWAYS on the accuser to have. How hard is it to record 10 mins of gameplay?

You failed. Not the game.

Then disrespected the people who tried nicely to help.

Find another game. Good riddance 👏👏

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Surprisingly easy considering that games like csgo, CoD in the past, League of Legends and a bunch of other games that are far older than dbd have auto record features.

• Голубой

How was I supposed to know the game would turn out like that. And this game is a mess. Not having a system to reference game VODs is just another example.

• Голубой

How do you know for a fact? I'm going to be up BHVR's ass with this game until I get some proof action is taken on these people.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

1) I have watched a streamer I reported try to log in (they aren't one of the big ones just a tiny no name one) and they couldn't log into their account and this was becuase they used the N word in end game chat against me only because i dared to play noed.

2) I've gotten an email from the devs (probably should not have) saying action was taken on my report but did not tell me what happened.

3) they SAY they do it and I've seen this be true so i have no reason to doubt them.

4) most people that say it does nothing don't send the second support form in because it is too much trouble, they have to get in the next match that much faster and after they couldn't be arsed to do anything like try to make the game better because they wouldn't have things to complain about later.

5) if you want proof, you will never see exact proof because legally if they share information like that they can be sued and they will not do that. (#2 above did happen but i think was someone newish I don't know it was months ago).

6) if your enjoyment is reliant upon things happening right away you'll never be happy. you might want to find a new game if you're that bent over it.

This discussion has been closed.