I think the Devs may be listening to the community too much

Before I took a break from the game, you could get matches in seconds, and both survivors and killers were fun, but I think they tried to change the game based on the community feedback, which should be good, but from what I can see no one actually agrees on anything, the community thinks the game is simultaneously too hard and too easy

Oh, and remember, you losing doesn't mean the game is bad

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited December 2020

I don't disagree. I don't think the "community" has much of anything valuable to say because they say EVERYTHING and thus nothing at the same time. However, we would be deluding ourselves to think of this Forum as the community; it isn't. All the posters here combined (past and present) would only be a tiny minority against the total number of people who login and play. We are, like it or not, the vocal minority. For the most part, people who take the time to post in Forums are the worst possible bunch to seek feedback from. Most such people aren't actually interested in a serious discussion. They are here to make noise and make sure you know they are important. I say this with full understanding that I TOO post on this Forum. Does that mean I think I'm different? I hope I am, but I'm not so unaware of my own bias to truly believe that.

I am interested in the game because I enjoy it. I do give feedback now and then, but I am not offended if they don't take it. I'm interested in serious discussions, and could care less about the endless whining. The worst part of the ridiculous, self-important whining is that the din of it tends to drown out anything substantial anyone has to say. Do I think the DEV spend a lot of time reading here? No. Why would they? Nobody wants to read the posts of a bunch of people who do nothing but crap on them day in and day out. :)

Post edited by Moundshroud on
  • Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I've always said they listen too much.

A community that almost entirely believes that if the killer loses, it is a survivor sided game. If the survivors lose, the survivors are potatoes. This mentality is a disease.

Killers are actually going to kill the game. Watch.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Agreed. All bad decisions can be pointed at community complaining.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

The game where survivors have multiple second chances, plus if playing in swf, are unbeatable, they are asking for killer nerf until they get it finally nerfed, then always go to the next one... Bunch of crybabies who are actively killing the game.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Matchmkaing has nothing to do with the community, just at the devs being unable to create a functional system. And maintaining it, I should add.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

I think it's funny that you think the devs listen to the community at all