I like playing killer but I'm not very good at it.

RetroPix3l
RetroPix3l Member Posts: 20
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

Title. Also the killers I like to play probably aren't viable anymore and before people judge me for my choices I just want to say I like these two because they "used" to fit my play style. I really liked pig for stealth and legion for being fast "imo" now I'm not really sure who to play anyone.

*Disclaimer I don't play nearly as much as I used to. I like to jump online as a killer just to see how I can do. As well as just play with my friends from time to time.*

-back to talking about pig and legion

Both of them aren't really as good as they used to be. I felt like they were in the past.

(I read the forums a lot so I'll take what I see written about them at face value.)

(I understand legion was broken for a while with his mend, although I never abused it. Just recently started liked playing him because otz mostly.)

Hell some days I'm still able to get away with some decent games with both of them if I play them correctly.

Anyways I mostly own all the killers besides the twins and blight but don't really know who to play anymore. I just want to play someone who's fun for both myself and the survivor. I honestly don't care if I win or lose I just want someone I can learn and enjoy playing if that makes sense.

I tried spirit, doctor, and death slinger. Just they don't feel quite right. Any advice?

Sorry for the jumbled post, I'm not really good at expressing myself online.

Comments

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

Well survivors all seem to value Demogorgon and they are honestly not bad at all, learning when and when not to jump, learning to use portals for both fast transport and mindgames/information/timewasting, its all good stuff.

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120

Ghostface can be pretty overpowered if you know how to play him with the stalk ability, if survivors are looking at you; there will be an indication pointing out where the survivors are looking you from. I agree with the pig which can be nice to main as well, the plague for me can be rather slow but can be entertaining to play as if you know where to infect at the right timing. Legion can have both it's ups and downs, there's times when I win with them but lose at the same time when not paying enough attention to generators and keeping track of survivors when dashing and stabbing one of them. So for legion it's a 3/5 rating for me, somewhat of a mixed reaction. Michael Myers is one of the few who are easy to main when you know when to stop stalking in order to get that speed boost. I'm not even gonna begin talking about Freddy because he's so easy to use it's ridiculous, only use him if you're feeling salty and toxic. Spirit can be somewhat of a buffed wraith since she can go invisible and run to catch up to survivors, after uncloaking you can get a nice speed burst and stab at a survivor which can be satisfying to do. Demogorgon for me is almost a sin at this point, just can't seem to play him correctly. Same thing can be said for pyramid head, I've only been lucky a couple of 2 or 3 times when I won as him, that's about it. I haven't played DLC killers such as Hag, Clown and Blight, so I have yet to make a few statements for them. Huntress and the other range based killers are something to work on but can be quite fun to play if you're used to playing them. Leatherface and Hillbilly can be fun to play, similar to Hillbilly, leatherface can't sprint with his chainsaw but can still be rather effective when instant downing survivors. Hillbilly is just a buffed version of leatherface him being able to run and dash attack survivors instantly downing them. I know I'm not rating every single killer but that's because I'm not mentioning those who I rarely even play as.

Some killers just need their mori if the map's obstacles are rather aggravating for the killer, so the last resort is to use the mori in order to get kills that way which sucks. There's a few DLC killer ideas I have in mind and some horror game crossovers such as a Cry Of Fear, Resident Evil and many more.

However with how tedious and obnoxious some survivors are against killers, I play both survivors and killers. What's interesting though is that my survivor rank is highest than it is for killer rank. I've been leveling up my survivors more as of lately than the killers, I should probably go and level them killers up as well.

• RetroPix3l
    RetroPix3l Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2020

I've been getting rainbow ranks swf and sometimes people my rank. (20) It's not all that bad though I know the ropes. I like to just consider it experience now. Only downside is that with a new killer I'm not familiar with people tend to escape more often xD but oh well. Thank you guys for the advice though it is much appreciated.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

As a Demo main i can confirm this, just wish more people played him