The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Reworked maps in this chapter just feel "empty"

I know several of the maps in this chapter were reworked, but why are there so many dead-zones around? Also, why do the reworked maps have looping and regular tiles that are so far from eachother? For example, in blood lodge, a jungle gym is at a corner of the map while the next structure is like a football field away with only some grass that separates the two. There used to be more tree tiles, junk, and loops around, but now theres only large empty fields of newly designed grass that separates many of these structures. There was so many around the recently reworked maps that they now feel "empty" as if I was playing a demo version of these maps. Another thing I want to add but I'm not so sure about is that one of the swamp maps "grim pantry" the space between the docks and shack also has a large empty space that used to have a couple of big trees and rocks around. Now there's only several tree trunks here and there with some more awkward empty space that separates these two tiles. Probably just rng. I'm not sure, but I definitely don't like how the recently reworked maps turned out in tile placement.

Comments

• Iceyrawr
    Iceyrawr Member Posts: 122

its certainly not empty with all those god loops in new maps.

I like how they justify god loops with breakable walls.

• tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356

New maps don’t feel as interesting

As a killer, looping is really starting to feel the same between maps and the new graphics just make them, for the most part, look bland...

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

There's only one or two breakable walls per map in autohaven.

But overall there are less loops in both autohaven and ormond ( thank god ormond has been dethroned ). But I've noticed hook spawns on the new maps have been very far away from each other.

• sushiwooshi123
    sushiwooshi123 Member Posts: 14

Yeah, I sort of agree with most of the Ormond changes now with some interesting pallet locations. However, playing Ormond now definitely feels less awkward than the bunch of auto haven maps for both killer and survivor. Auto haven's just feel big now even though they're not with structure and hook placements being at strange areas and distances.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited December 2020

Ormond feels fine - it is a lot less laggy.

The autohaven maps I despise now - I just want to hurry the gens so as to get off those maps (or get myself killed).

They are open and empty looking - far too sanitized and the entire ground looks like it is made of concrete.

• Lyfe
    Lyfe Member Posts: 197

I personally dislike the lack of fog. I can literally see from one end of the map to the other and it just doesn't feel right.

• Littlefabio
    Littlefabio Member Posts: 139

All the new reworked maps just feel bland. They all look the same too me. And Auto haven maps have a weird visual look to them. they seem to F with my eyes and stain them.