Do you even play your own game?

2»

Comments

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

Wait, so basically you're saying the devs aren't allowed to be humans at the end of the work day if the game they work on isn't 100% complete?

Wow I hope you're never in a position of power, you seem to not be able to see that developers are human beings with exactly as many rights and freedoms as you.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I suspect you've never worked for a large software development company, because the answer to most of those questions has to do with the structure of the pipeline. Certain things get priority over others because that's what the directors decide should happen. Things get broken or not tested properly because often shortcuts have to be taken when you're on a tight deadline.

If it's true that this happens more with Dead by Daylight than other games, perhaps it's because the game industry in general has a reputation for treating its workers appallingly (look up "crunch culture" if you don't know what I'm talking about) and BHVR is reputed to be one of the few companies that goes out of its way not to do that. They don't force their employees to work 100-hour weeks for no additional pay just to meet release deadlines, but the deadlines still exist, so sometimes balls get dropped.

Should they perhaps extend those deadlines instead, maybe release three chapters a year instead of four? Should they skip a chapter to fix bugs instead? Should they restructure their priorities so certain issues get more attention? Possibly, but none of those are things that individual designers or programmers get a say in. All they can do is their best with the time they're given.

• MommyDeRose
    MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74

How is it not their fault for releasing something earlier than it should have? They ######### released it... like what? No one else released it, they created it and knew it was garbage and broken and still released it. How is that wanting what’s best for the game. Yeah we care deeply but here’s a pile of #########, please buy auric cells.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,435
  • ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

Yeah it's the sociopathic executives tryin their best to enforce their zero tolerance policy for customer satisfaction a la take-two interactive.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

so why even post this if you know the answer already? well here is why you did: You wanted to be noticed, you wanted people to tow the line with you. well your like is crap because 1) the devs play the game, 2) they stream it, 3) they work on it, 4) they talk about the game and how things came to being (IF THEY ARE ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING) and 5) they answer questions about bugs and how the game is made.

you were given the answer to your question and more and you just threw it out the window. you are not trying to make anything better, you only want to seem like you're cool and you are not. Yes you did explain yourself the first, second and how ever many other times, but the answer is YES THEY DO PLAY THEIR GAME AND ARE AWARE OF THE MANY BUGS IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW AND EVEN OTHERS THAT YOU ARE NOT AWARE OF AT THIS TIME.

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486

"FIX YOUR GAME" is humiliating and bad for the reputation, I do not expect next DLC to be just for fixes without a killer/surv/map release

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,930

I follow 3 of the developers on Twitch and they stream every so often.