Can survivors get first person pov?

At the vary least can we get the option? Not saying force it on everyone, but 360 view kills the immersion of tension. 360 cancels out almost all environmental obstacles ; can see around corners and over objects, the fog might as well not exist because your looking down on it instead of through.

Again, would appreciate the option.

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Obviously they would adjust some things, I don't want pistons in my eyes either. Something like looking over your shoulder so the blind spot can be managed.
  • BasementBubba
    BasementBubba Member Posts: 49

Good luck looping.

• DemonDaddy
    Screw looping, I get out of sight first chance I get.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

What I want to see is a test match in which the killer is locked in the third person while the survivors are locked in first person.

I am all for the option to play in the first person as a survivor; as part of the reason killers aren't scary is due to the fact that we fail to accurately see them. Granted we can see the proportional size differences between killer and survivor in the third person but it's not the same. What's better:

Seeing Leatherface walk towards you with the saw raised right as you pop a generator, or . . .

. . . As the clatter of pistons reaches its climax a blinding light, a beacon, fills the night sky. But your hope and peace turn to dread when just to your left the hulking figure of a man comes out of the shadows. In what seems like seconds its muscled arms block out the full moon with a chainsaw whose revving engine drowns out all other noise. Your screams fall silent to the engine's roar as the beast lurches forward cutting your body and splitting your mind with raw agony.

Personally, I'm all for 1st person survivor. After all, I think there's a reason I don't see too many other horror games where the victim is in the 3rd person for a reason.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Peasant said:

What I want to see is a test match in which the killer is locked in the third person while the survivors are locked in first person.

I am all for the option to play in the first person as a survivor; as part of the reason killers aren't scary is due to the fact that we fail to accurately see them. Granted we can see the proportional size differences between killer and survivor in the third person but it's not the same. What's better:

Seeing Leatherface walk towards you with the saw raised right as you pop a generator, or . . .

. . . As the clatter of pistons reaches its climax a blinding light, a beacon, fills the night sky. But your hope and peace turn to dread when just to your left the hulking figure of a man comes out of the shadows. In what seems like seconds its muscled arms block out the full moon with a chainsaw whose revving engine drowns out all other noise. Your screams fall silent to the engine's roar as the beast lurches forward cutting your body and splitting your mind with raw agony.

Personally, I'm all for 1st person survivor. After all, I think there's a reason I don't see too many other horror games where the victim is in the 3rd person for a reason.

Easier to avoid the killer in third person. If killer was third person the spirit would have insane mindgames. But in first person you are the killer, it's more intimate so interesting stuff to consider.
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    edited September 2018

@DemonDaddy said:
    At the vary least can we get the option? Not saying force it on everyone, but 360 view kills the immersion of tension. 360 cancels out almost all environmental obstacles ; can see around corners and over objects, the fog might as well not exist because your looking down on it instead of through.

let me guess, your a killer main complaining about the different view for killers and survivors, for example, if survivors were in first person doing generators would be staring at machine parts not being able to see if the killer is behind you, they did this because it helped balance the killer from survivors, killer sees in first person because it helps survivors not to be seen from any angle making you look in different directions, survivors are third so they can avoid the killer easier and atleast have a chance, this would also prevent 360 jukes from occurring if survivors were in first person

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@alivebydeadight said:

@DemonDaddy said:

let me guess, your a killer main complaining about the different view for killers and survivors, for example, if survivors were in first person doing generators would be staring at machine parts not being able to see if the killer is behind you, they did this because it helped balance the killer from survivors, killer sees in first person because it helps survivors not to be seen from any angle making you look in different directions, survivors are third so they can avoid the killer easier and atleast have a chance, this would also prevent 360 jukes from occurring if survivors were in first person

OP is literally just asking for the option - something that would not be forced on everyone. Did you even read the thread past the title?

• DemonDaddy
    edited September 2018
    My reasons are exactly what I stated. Personally I would enjoy survivor more from that pov. The option is all I am asking. And before anyone else mentions staring at gens, again obviously as I said some changes would be needed.
  • Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    Oh. I would be following behind some very specific killers with my newfound zoom in camera view powers....

Imagine how fast a survivor will be spinning because of camera sensitivity in FPV. Makes me nauseas just thinking about.

Crouch with bacon lady for 90% of a match and see if you actually enjoy the game from that pov. Because that's basically what you're asking for, although getting chased like that does sound fun.

Maybe make the outline of your screen shine red when the killers light is on your back. 
  • DemonDaddy
    edited September 2018
    Oblitiry said:
    Oh. I would be following behind some very specific killers with my newfound zoom in camera view powers....

Imagine how fast a survivor will be spinning because of camera sensitivity in FPV. Makes me nauseas just thinking about.

Crouch with bacon lady for 90% of a match and see if you actually enjoy the game from that pov. Because that's basically what you're asking for, although getting chased like that does sound fun.

Maybe make the outline of your screen shine red when the killers light is on your back. 
    Well its no worse than what some of the killers deal with and if you want to crouch it the whole game that's what your gonna see. I do like the parifurial effect , its a great way to acknowledge the killer is gaining ground.
  • Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    Oblitiry said:

Well its no worse than what some of the killers deal with and if you want to crouch it the whole game that's what your gonna see. I do like the parifurial effect , its a great way to acknowledge the killer is gaining ground.
    True! My thought process was how often I whip the camera around me when getting chased. As the killer I definitely play less sporadic unless I'm trying correct a whiffing basic attack.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@RSB said:

@Jack11803 said:
    Staring into mechanical parts for 80 seconds would be #########

You can turn your head.

I’m too fat

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    Peasant said:

There is a difference between other survival horror games and asymmetrical survival horror games. Games such as DBD, F13, and Last Year are multiplayer and you rarely see survival multiplayer games in first person on the “weaker” side. The “stronger” side (or intended to be stronger) is sometimes in first person but not always, depends on gameplay mechanics. Games like Alien Isolation are single player with an AI killer so being in first person isn’t really an issue. F13 simply wouldn’t work with first person because Jason is too weak. In DBD is killer is arguably stronger if they are experienced and first person is not really an issue.

If the killer was in first person and the survivor in first person it would be slightly unbalanced seeing how the killer is faster and stronger than one survivor, I just don’t see how it would be balanced, however I’m not against having an option to choose first person if the survivor wanted to try it.

If the killer was in third person and the survivor in first person that would be HIGHLY unbalanced and wouldn’t be fun for either side because killers would just mow through survivors with five generators still up and it would be no challenge. There is a reason the killer is in first person and the survivor in third person. 

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

The game would need to be completely rebalanced around something like this, though cool as it could be. For example, audio would need to be revamped for survivors, and even the terror radii may need to be altered. Powers would need to be rebalanced, too.

Essentially, first person survivors would require an entirely different game.

• DemonDaddy
    Honestly you all have good valid points I mean I can argue against that. I get why we have what we do and balance should never be sacrificed for a gimmick. If the feature was given to us with the current game state; it would be the equivalent of a hardcore difficulty with several problems from current mechanics. As the game is now it can't support this, doesn't mean I wouldn't mind seeing the Dev's  play around with the idea as an option, maybe even create a separate mode, wishful thinking really.