Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

not playing fair is a lot better than playing how survivors want you to play

Played 18 games tonight mostly tunneled off hook no face camp but it was way easier than being a tool and chasing 3 diff people hooking them x3 times and dealing with DS vs just getting rid of 1-2 people off the bat

#stopplayingfair

Comments

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

I enjoy going for a lot of different chases even if that means that I don't get any kills at the end of the game.

But I agree that you should just play how you want to and do what you need to do in order to win. Survivors are also not saying to their teammates right before the game starts:"Let's not gen rush the killer this game so he has fun too".

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

That sounds boring as hell though?

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

ok, you need to take a step back and take stock of the bigger picture, why do you play games? for fun right?

Sure this might be "effective" if you want to just kill everyone and that is your only goal but....how long will that remain interesting?

I mean, this is just as a mindexperiment #dontbanpls but you might as well use cheats right? this always reminds me of the Angry Video Game Nerd and his "BeatAGame" button gag during a review, every game he started it up, pressed the button and boom, reached the end, ez pz.....and also really boring and a waste of time.

Taking candy from a baby isnt fun, there is not challenge, no ackomplishment, that is my point.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    edited December 2020

You know its a good reason why most players with 2K-4K hours on steam have mostly -reps

"-rep camper with 5000 hours"

"-rep wow 4000 hours and you still camp?"

"-rep tunnel off hook, Spirit with 3k hours btw."

Its because they dont give a ######### how survivors feel :) we play to win and not be treated as some sort of puppet

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

No it doesn't, lol. If you know someone is a camper or a tunneler then they're the opposite of a wild card--you literally know they're going to stay in one spot while you do gens or chase after the survivor you just unhooked instead of you.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Play how you want dude, no one gives a #########.

But you will lose more than you win if you climb higher in ranks and can't end chases.

High rank will take hits for each other, pallet save, flashlights, all why doing gens and destroying your totems.

Have fun being a 2 hook chump.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

and yet you are a puppet for completely wasting your time....like I feel if I would set up a bot that would send you an email every day with the text "you won again, you are such a winner" it would actually make you happy.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

Play the way you want but dont forget to turn off endgame chat, as well as your profile, salty survivors will try make u feel poop when they are just bad

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

In my opinion you can play however you want as killer. Its your job to kill and you don't have to be kind, however the survivors job is to survive. And by your logic survivors can take and whatever they want to do so. Like DS and Unbreakable or going in a locker in order be invincibility from DS. So tunnel and camp to your hearts content but don't complain on the forum of survivors using strategies in order to counter them.

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

I disagree. I think entitled survivors want you to play like a bot so they can bully you. This is not fair. However, being a piece of s**t isn't really fun for either side. I want to "play fair". It's really, REALLY fun. The problem is that there is no time.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

This

I'd rather get 0 kills but actually have a good and competitive match over getting a 4K every time by hyper focusing on one survivor until I tunnel them out of existence.

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277

Haaaa... And people complain when survivors play super stealthy with plays like these being made.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

tunneling is sometimes neccesary, sometime syou need to get rid of people NOW, unless you want them all to escape. other times is easier just toi deal with a 3 v 1 than it is with a 4 v 1. tunneling is fine, but bt and DS will work as intended wasting considerable amount of time in the process, especially if they are a coordinated SWF.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

I play how I want to play

ME

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 364

You say that but then I play Clown and refuse to hook anyone until everyone's slugged. I've been told I ruined the entire game for doing this, rarely teams tell me they were glad to avoid the monotony of hooks so I don't know.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

What others have said, it's too easy to play like this and just prevents specific people from enjoying the game a little bit. Besides, I'm skilled enough to win without excessive tunnelling, though I do slug/kill a person quickly if the situation demands it. Either if gens pop too quickly or the unhooker suddenly vanished and I just won't ignore the injured survivor nearby.

Killers doing this has led me to play in SWF more often though. Needless to say, even by playing 'unfair', my team still stomps most of the time. And depending on how the killer behaves, we even get a little toxic. I mean, we get to play how we want, right?

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

Killers have their rages too, like "you cant genrush you pice of ######### I want to have fun" like ok I wait until I have 3 crows to start repairing?

They most of the time tell me to "get covid, infect my family and die"

Context, a doctor attempted to appear friendly until the end, facecamped me with noed while nodding, I got rescued and I DSed him, then I waited for his lunge to deadhard while I was stopped in the gates and scape.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Ngl, if they need to camp that and tunnel that regularly, they aren't good players.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

Playing a game where the outcome is apparent the whole time is terrible. The best games are the ones where it looks like it could go either way, and then you manage to clutch it by the skin of your teeth. I'm not saying to play fair, but what fun is a game with a forgone conclusion? I play mostly fair, but will resort to dirty tactics when needed to keep the game going.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Other day had a Twins player facecamp me in the basement (literally staring me in the face and repeatedly hitting me) because I had the audacity to do a generator they could hear and didn't bother to pressure. A teammate got me off with BT and they rage quit when I lost them, going on to rage even worse than that, about genrushing, sweaty SWFs and the like. There was no genrushing; (no toolboxes at all in the lobby) they simply didn't use their power to exert the ridiculous map pressure that killer is capable of. They legit expected us to stare at the wall as we spawned and let them get a free 4k for their adept achievement. :) So many killer mains are like this, and it's dire. As someone who plays both sides, I actually consider the fun of both roles because I don't want to perpetuate it and put up with that ######### as either role.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

its because what's defined as "playing fair" by one side of the community could also be called playing sub optimally or even poorly from the other side of the community.

Tunneling can apply a lot of pressure if survivors get focussed on rescues, also taking the game down to 3 on 1 rather than 4 is continually applied pressure for the killer, for the rest of the match (obviously).

If survivor play leaves you with the option to rehook someone quickly and advance their hook state it pays big in the long run to pressure that.

Its kind of like asking survivors to stop pressuring gens for a few minutes after a couple pop, to give the killer a chance to catch up. Its probably not going to happen.

A hooked survivor is just another resource that the killer can pressure and if their are no obvious gens they need to go straight to to defend then its basically naive to assume they won't pressure that extra resource.

There is a thematic aspect also, I don't get upset when the serial killer chasing me, visciously murders me because that's what they are meant to do. When killers play nice it defeats the purpose of the game. I want to be scared as survivor without that fear it is just M1 simulator with occasional ring-a-ring-a rosie bot.

Why do you watch a horror movie its no for the oscar grade performances? Its about fear, survivors should fear the killer and being tunneled out of existence early is part of that fear.

Most calls for balance when you read between the lines are calls for watering down the fear aspect of the game.

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

I love how 50% of these comments judge you for your playstyle. Play however you want. You don't owe anyone anything.

Have fun and stay hydrated.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

You're not alone. You can find so many trash campers / tunnelers, especially on weekends

• HarlowXRaven
    HarlowXRaven Member Posts: 191

I literally just played for the first time in a long time and i could not find any pallets what kind of bs is this? What is this dude talking about playing fair there literally no pallets to make it even.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Welcome to autohaven. Prepare yourself to see pay to win freddy and undying

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

At the end of the day you play how you want, to the best of your abilities....and so will the other side. I actually don't care how anyone plays as long as it isn't outright hacking. On the other hand this means I tend to ignore most of the cries of "It's not fair" "I'm being bullied" "They are exploiting the game by using xyz, implemented in the game to be used...in the game" Especially when it comes from people who declare "I'll play how I want" "It's not my responsibility to care about the other sides fun" You are not wrong for such a philosophy, as long as it's understood that it works both ways.

As I have said countless times. Play how you want to play, the rest is just both sides waving their imaginary rule books at each other.

• Penfighter
    Penfighter Member Posts: 42

This right here.

There are games (I'm Rank 2 Killer btw) where I absolutely steam roll a team because I was able to find survivors quickly at the start, distributed a few hits so multiple survivors are injured, and chased them off of gens. It turns out, if you don't just mindlessly pursue survivors into jungle gyms or hardcore loops, you can apply pressure across the map and win the game. :)

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

It strikes me that unless a survivor works a gen from start to finish, touching any gen they find with progress is “tunneling the gen”.