######### did they do to freddy

Options

???

Comments

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,235
    Options

She's getting another iri addon, I don't see how that's not a buff.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

They don't matter. I only ever got this game because I liked Nightmare on Elm Street. Sure I don't only play Freddy now, but I don't want to see him made back into the original Freddy again, simply because Survivors don't want to put the same amount of time learning the game like I did.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

Well I could see why as people had to buy Freddy while the others can be earned by playing the game.

That being said, I don’t play Freddy so I wouldn’t know what happened to him

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

oh, you meant the rework.

I hoped that Christmas had come early and he'd been nerfed.

• DeathwingDuck
    DeathwingDuck Member Posts: 68
    Options

At this time they could replace his slowdown add-ons with something else entirely and I think he'd be fine, or at the very least make them unstackable (which is what they should have done in the first place). I only ever use 1 slowdown add-on when I do my pallet freddy build, since it's kind of a meme build more than anything.

Snare freddy is strong as it is. Stacking the slowdown add-ons with slowdown perks I think is what is driving up his kill rate. Bad killer players can get 4Ks simply by boring the survivors to death (or more realistically they drain all their means to defend themselves against freddy).

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

We just gonna have to wait for them to announce the adjustments.

I agree that he doesn't really need huge changes.Some changes and adjustments should be fine.

Also,i hope they change his addons to something more fun and unique.

• NastyMan69
    NastyMan69 Member Posts: 14
    Options

It's gaming time

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542
    Options

Just cause it is iridescent doesn't mean that's good. They will probably remove insta hatchet's (for good), remove exaustion add ons and put some gimmick ones. So yeah, I don't see how that's a buff, and we have to hope that they don't ######### her basekit as well

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

They could pull another nurse and make her iris hinder her. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at that either.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Nothing’s been done to Freddy yet. What are you talking about?!

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

as of recent iri addons are akin to something like this

"throwing your hatchet 2m away from a survivor will reveal the survivors aura for 1 second"

• Withered8
    Options

They could, but that's no worse from having no second iri addon.

• Withered8
    Options

When you buy content in this game or any game your not buying for the character to never change, they have more than enough rights to change them according to game balance. I could argue that I'm not happy with the initial buff they did to him because I enjoyed old freddy.

• Withered8
    Options

On the other hand I actually enjoyed playing old freddy far more than new freddy, so I would like to see him turn back.

You see? That's just a preferential thing. The devs chagne killers according to balance and when a killer has 70%+ win rate then there's more than enough justification to make changes, especially if balance is designed around 50%. Can you imagine if a league character had a win rate at 70%?

• NurseYourWounds
    NurseYourWounds Member Posts: 29
    edited December 2020
    Options

I'm with you on this.

Whenever I played as a surv (killer main) Freddy was always a massive problem for me.

Now? I run circles around him. And I'm not a pro survivor by any means whatsoever.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options
  • Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183
    Options

Link?

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

we need more context, I assume you are a veteran who havent touch the game for 2 years and just came back to find out Freddy is now one of the strongest killer in the game that also hated by everyone and their grandma?

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

What exactly is it that you are upset about the Devs having done to Freddy?

• TheButcher
    Options

Which in most cases makes sense, but with so many other effecting factors. Freddy's 70% winrate isn't because he is good, it's because kit doesn't limit the player. His kit gives back the power role to the Killer, and gives the player freedom to actually apply all of their skills in a single match. Meaning the survivors are actually facing a balanced Killer for once. The game is too easy for Survivors - most don't bother to learn even the basic's of the game. How easy it is to play Survivor, when you mainly play survivor also builds entitlement. With so many factors that give survivors second chances without any real skill build entitlement aswell. So then when they do face a moderately good, or expert level Killer they cry they were OP, or they mistakenly accuse the Killer of playing unfairly. I can't even count how many games I play Nurse and get accuse of Camping/Tunnel, simply because I have expert tracking skills, and am on top of all 4 survivors for the entire match. That's not camping, or tunneling. Which is why the only players that don't have an issue with Freddy are the ones who have learned how to play Survivor properly.

The problem I am seeing. I am so high in ranks with Killer I have long wait times, because I only get matched against strong 4man swf. My Freddy games I win about 45% of the time because he's easy to beat, or I am against a team that is just fooling around making it easy. I get all my wins from Spirit and Nurse. I can't play any Killer anymore because they don't have the ability to traverse the map quick, or is severly lacking in other areas.

Then we have twitch streamers creating a poor look on the game as well. Players looking up to Otz, Tofu, and Tru3 as these "godlike" killer players, when they havn't reached the top either. I completely stomped them which in turn made even themselves say on stream that "Survivors are too strong", but yet that's the only thing the viewer base doesn't listen to?

It's dissapointing to see in these forums too. Barely any of the Survivors in these forums know how to play the game right, and it shows in their responses. The lack of knowing how to counter Freddy, when to counter Freddy is as easy as playing Survivor right - that's it. Know how to loop. Know your map layouts. Always be on gens. Everything else is extra. To beat a good Freddy you gotta know how to wake up, and stay awake in a way that doesn't waste time. (I.E. Failing checks when Freddy's distracted, forcing him have to choose his chase or teleport/run to you. Waking up everyone after a hook save. Looping/Fixing Gens towards your clock).

The game is in a sorry state right now, and when they Nerf Freddy because their playerbase doesn't want to learn the game. I can only see the game getting worse from there till we have another Deathgarden (because this exact same thing happened to Deathgarden). Which if you don't know what Deathgarden is, you shouldn't be giving opinions on the forum till you educate yourself more on BHVR's company itself.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

I think we both know that the devs are just veeeeeeeeeerrrryyyy slow at balancing.

I suppose we can see a change at the latest in 6 or 9 months .

But at least it's on their radar ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,403
    Options

#bringbackoldfreddy

• Withered8
    Options

Look I agree freddy does have counters, and is balanced when your in a good swf. The problem is as soon as you have one weaker player freddy is just able to absolutely snowball off of that and gen wins he doesn't deserve.

As for your point about how his kit doesn't limit the killer player, there's the problem. Killer powers should be about providing benefits at the cost of a mild-mediocre expense. If killers didn't have weaknesses and downsides then there would be very little dynamic gameplay, and countering him would be far far more limited preventing skillful plays on the survivor side, which is what happens with freddy. Hold m1 on gens, throw pallets instantly, hell looping him is boring as hell. I would rather loop a nurse or huntress ANYday.

• TheButcher
    edited December 2020
    Options

"Look I agree freddy does have counters, and is balanced when your in a good swf. The problem is as soon as you have one weaker player freddy is just able to absolutely snowball off of that and gen wins he doesn't deserve."

So the Killer doesn't deserve the win, for playing literally the first thing the in game tutorial tells you to do? The Killer doesn't deserve the win for doing exactly what ever "educational DBD streamer" tells you to do? The Killer doesn't deserve the win for playing exactly how the dev's said they intend for you to do.

What's the point of playing Killer if you're not meant to exploit the Survivors weaknesses, and maximize on their mistakes?

That's not what Killers powers should be about at all. THEY ARE THE POWER ROLE. They should have THE POWER. That's the most confusing part of this game. Survivors literally have so many things that gives them more power, with 0 fall back. Without perks, you have Windows, Lockers, and Pallets. With Perks, you have things like Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, Dead Hard, Iron Will, etc. All these things that make you incredibly stronger, and gives free seconds chances - but supposed to be the weaker role?

Because of this there already is very little dynamic gameplay.

I like this little timbit;

"PREVENTING SKILLFUL PLAYS on the survivor side, which is what happens with freddy. Hold m1 on gens, throw pallets instantly, hell looping him is boring as hell. I would rather loop a nurse or huntress ANYday."

Here's a suggestion, don't throw pallets instantly against Freddy, and yes it's faster to do gens when you are holding m1. You're welcome for the two facts that literally applys for all Killers, and the only people that don't have problems agastin Freddy are the Survivors THAT KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME.

• Zippy
    Zippy Member Posts: 38
    Options

That don’t deserve to win? Lol. Just be a better survivor against him.

• TheButcher
    Options

Thank-you for pointing that out. Yes that's the easiest way of putting it. Just be a better Survivor. When the Survivor is awake. Freddy is nothing more than a m1 Killer with a base movement, if they are getting hit at all - I'm sorry, but they need to learn how to play survivor better.

• Withered8
    Options

It's not just that, you can hold a nurse and help your team out, where as holding a freddy will do far less because he'll just teleport away or rotate the instant he gets a tinkerer and wont be punished because of his insane slowdown.

The whole "killers are power argument" is just silly. You don't just deserve the rights to be the power role and dominate in games. Balancing a game is not about having a power role. If one role was a power role then the game would be immensly inbalanced. You shoudl have to earn wins and not automaticalyl get them because you're a power role. This goes for BOTH sides.

If you don't throw pallets against a freddy who knows how to play the game then they'll just chuck down a snare and your screwed.

And no if you looked around the killer base instead of killer main cities like the forums then you'll see that a majority of players want a chagne to freddy and believe he is too strong.

• TheButcher
    Options

... Why would you run Tinkerer on Freddy. Tinkerer doesn't hide dream world lullaby, and doesn't stop blood from spewing from Gens.

Quite literally that's all you had to say to confirm to me that you don't know enough about what you are talking about to actually have a strong argument. Tinkerer on Freddy is so incredibly weak, against good survivors he's completely stomped. Waste of a perk slot, when you need 4 consistent perks on any Killer to even have barely a chance against a strong team of Survivors. Next you're going to tell me that you have trouble against Ruin/Undying, and make yourself look like a complete fool.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

The point of Tinkerer is barely ever the Undetectable status is grants, it's to see which Generator is nearly complete. The survivor is then forced to get off the Generator, or get hit. Combine it with perks like Ruin or Pop, and you get tons of regression. Nobody uses Tinkerer for the stealth, that's just a bonus.

If you can't see the obvious synergy between Freddy's ability to teleport to any gen he wants and a perk that warns him when a generator is about to be done, maybe you aren't the God tier killer you think you are.

• Withered8
    Options

I don't run tinkerer on freddy, let alone play freddy mr. If it's so bad then tell me why every second freddy runs it?

If you honestly think "just do bones" works agaisnt ruin undying, then come vs my ruin undying blight and lets see how much fun you have then.

For the sake of it, I ran ruin undying tinkerer corrupt blight to see if a team could actually beat me. So far? Not one team has gotten all the gens done. Not One. And if you try and pull that you're vsing bad survivors card, then how about you hear that i've been against the fungoose swf?

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

Nearly 3k per game isn't balanced. He has a significantly higher kill rate than any other killer in the game. And no, his kit isn't balanced. He is the most braindead killer in the game. You can't create a character that's super easy to use AND has very strong powers. That's just not working in the long run, balance-wise. There are multiple examples for this in other games. Does a godlike Nurse with 3000h playtime feel balanced, if you verse her? No, she will probably 4k most matches, but she had to do something for it. If you are mediocre killer and know a little bit about how the game works, you can pick up Freddy and easily get to red ranks very soon. I currently play in a swf were everyone has ~2000h and everyone there also shares my opinion about freddy giving too much reward for almost nothing. That doesn't mean that very good Nurse or Spirit players can't make better results. Or that it's impossible to win against any Freddy. But a lot of Freddy players aren't really that good. They are just boosted by his passive and super easy to use Powers, and that just doesn't feel right. It's like loosing as killer against a full 2nd chance perk squad

Killer isn't supposed to be easy. A lot of killers have this mindset and get very upset if they don't get a 4k for 3 matches in a row. Killer will always be harder and more stressful. It's in the nature of the game design and i don't see how this could change without breaking the game. I can tell you that in the current game state, for the first time, i'd rather play killer than solo survivor. Half a year ago, i only could play killer sometimes when i felt really good because it was just too stressful for me. Yes, solo survivor is more chill because you have some breaks in between and don't have to constantly be super sharp and sweaty to win. But at least as Killer i get to play the game in full, i don't get tunneled or face camped or have to rely on stupid teammates.

Btw on the one hand you say that you lose a lot with Freddy, on the other that he is very easy to beat but all the boosted survivors can't?! I play a lot of mediocre killers like Wraith, Ghostface besides Spirit and i do just fine in red ranks. Lose some, win some.

I personally can't wait for the nerf. A lot of Freddy players will finally realize how boosted they really are. It always feels like they got carried by his powers and their synergy with some perks.

• Quenuo
    Quenuo Member Posts: 19
    Options

In fact, they already nerfed him his accessories in May.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

Have you seen the Iridescent add-ons the devs have made lately? 10 to 1 it'll be absolutely useless.

Also there's no way the Exhaustion duo and Iridescent Head survive. Deserved or not, it'll be a net nerf for our resident badass Russian lady.

Personally my only real concern is that they don't mess with her basekit, but Hillbilly and Nurse aren't exactly setting my mind at ease there.

• Greatamygdala
    Greatamygdala Member Posts: 292
    Options

Oh man the days when Freddy was garbage tier that turned into an actual dream demon that torments survivors with more generator time since they really want to do generators haha. But in seriousness as a once Freddy main who abandoned him since even I got bored they really need to change his add ons to be different, It's really boring.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,187
    Options
  • keygun
    keygun Member Posts: 311
    Options

I really don't know if:

1) this is just bait?

2) you think he's too weak?

3) you think he's too strong

I personally don't use freddy anymore because I feel like he's a guaranteed winner.

Slow down freddy, speed up freddy.

However I play him, he gets kills.

I'd suggest a slight nerf tbh.

• Zippy
    Zippy Member Posts: 38
    Options

I actually don’t agree that Freddy has an advantage. I’m a level 4 and get beat at times using him. I do prefer the doctor though however. Trapper is my other favorite.