Who thought of a Non-Horror genre Licensed Chapter idea?

Options
Yarheeguy
Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101

I'm just saying this for a bit of fun, but I would be interested in a DBD chapter that is licensed and NOT from a horror themed genre, so not a horror film or horror game or whatever. but has a certain character that would fit perfectly as a killer for DBD, it can also add a survivor character who wouldn't seem to have experience in a horror setting, but would be overall terrified of their situation.

Can anyone think of anything? because I can only think of one, Himiko Toga from MHA as a killer.

(P.S: This is NOT a joke, I want some serious answers here if you want to think of one)

Comments

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Luffy and teach

Luffy is basically goku but in one piece same with naruto

and teach he killed a lot of people it would make sense for him being a killer and his power he could switch between the power of darkness and the power of rumble idk what they can do though

• Yarheeguy
    Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101
    Options

I'm guessing you're not being serious here.

okay, let me clear things up

I meant an idea of a series that IS NOT from a horror genre, but HAS a known character that fits the description of a horror character as well as fitting with the other killers in DBD.

For example with my idea of Himiko Toga, she's from a superhero anime series and not a horror series, and yet she has characteristics of a horror slasher, while having a uniqueness within said character, for her chase being a shapeshifting, blood-obsessed schoolgirl.

Another note is that the killer isn't too powerful that they can easily kill or catch survivors to keep things in balance, for Toga's case, she isn't too strong or powerful, but is very stealthy that her power in general can work as a killer ability. (and yes, many times I've been told that BHVR said they'll never do a survivor-disguised killer and she would suck with SWF but my counter is 1) they said they'll never do non-human killers and we got demogorgon, and 2) Trapper also sucks with SWF and she can have a complete silent terror radius and aura reveals while disguised as a survivor)

Enough with me talking about my want for Toga in DBD, let's just focus on the topic itself.

the point is, try and figure out a character that is:

1) not from a horror series

2) has characteristics or traits of a killer that would fit in with the killers in DBD

3) powerful to be a threat and have a unique ability, but weak enough for powerless people to get away from

sure it's hard since there isn't many, but it is possible and bring an interesting thing towards the game.

I am not going to reply more on this topic, I'm just leaving this for others to think of something.

• ItzZane_
    Options

The Lover

Movement speed: 115%/4.6ms

Terror radius: 32 meters

Height: Small

Killer Power: What's Mine is Mine (power cooldown: 60 seconds)

The Lover is an obsessive killer, able to punish cooperative and altruistic survivors while picking and choosing her Obsessions. Her teachable perks, Always After You, Lovers Rage, and Hex: Tainted Love allow her to become an unstoppable force and meddle in her victim's affairs.

Killer Power: What's Mine Is Mine

Obsession power, allowing The Lover to have multiple Obsessions. Hitting a survivor while your power is active will inflict the Deadly Love status effect and turn them into an Obsession. While an obsession is under the Deadly Love status effect, they will trigger The Lovers rage for performing and receiving ANY co-op action. If they do so, their aura and all nearby survivors aura will be revealed for a short time, then The Lover will enter her enraged state(*). (Enraged state properties at the bottom) Any obsession with Deadly Love will be Exposed for the duration of the enraged state, The Lover's enraged state will end when she puts any survivor that's the Obsession in the dying state or if she gets stunned. Any survivor who touches or comes near the survivor under Deadly Love will be exposed for as long as they remain in proximity. Deadly Love can only be removed if an obsession reads the correct Cursed Diary. After the correct Cursed Diary is read, Deadly Love is removed and they are no longer an obsession. A handful of Cursed Diaries can be found around the trial. If an Obsession is already created at the start of the trial, they are automatically inflicted with Deadly Love. Once an obsession is placed in the dying state, The Lover can't enter her enraged state again for 60 seconds.

Alt power ability: Yukiteru Diary Holding the power button will cause The Lover to pull out the Yukiteru Diary, reading it will activate the associated alternate power ability which can be changed with addons.

(Default) Ōratorappu: Places an Aura Trap at your location, any survivor who walks or runs within 10 meters of it will cause it to trigger. The survivor will gain the oblivious status effect for 30 seconds and their aura will be revealed to The Lover for 5 seconds. (30 second cooldown on placing another trap after Ōratorappu effect ends)

Okubyōna oroka-sa: Places a Terror Radius trap at your location, any survivor who walks or runs within 5 meters of it will instantly gain a 32 meter terror radius for 30 seconds, The Lover gains the undetectable status effect for 30 seconds. (60 second cooldown on placing another trap after Okubyōna oroka-sa effect wears off)

Watashi no ai, megumi: Reading the Yukiteru Diary will change your blade into Yuno's Scissors hitting a survivor with these scissors will cause it to remain in the survivor, the survivor will now gain a bleedout meter. They must make haste and read the correct Cursed Diary to remove it. If they don't read the correct one in time, they'll bleed to death. Bleedout meter pauses when in chases or in the dying state (independent of dying state bleedout meter) (90 second cooldown after survivor dies or successfully removes *Yuno's Scissors)

Shinkō suru shi: Reading the Yukiteru diary near any generator with 0% progress will place an explosive trap on it. When the survivor's fully repair the generator, it explodes and puts any survivor working on it in the dying state. Fully repairing this generator doesn't count as a completed generator. (Addon deactivates after use)

"We'll be together, forever..." -Yuno Gasai

Teachable perks:

Always After You

Your obsession will find it much harder to escape from you.

Increases the range at which you continue a chase while chasing your obsession; making it harder for them to successfully escape. The bloodlust speed buff will maintain for an additional 6/8/10 seconds after any survivor escapes.

"Im the only friend you need"-Yuno Gasai

Lovers Rage

Your bloodlust manifested in a physical force, the idea of your victim escaping fills you with rage.

Pressing the active ability button on any upright pallet will Break it. After that, Lovers Rage goes on a 140/130/120 second cooldown.

"Your future belongs to me"-Yuno Gasai

Hex: Tainted Love

Your love for causing pain and misery arouses The Entity.

While Hex: Tainted Love is active, all survivors who are not your obsession suffer from the broken status affect for as long as the hex persists. Meanwhile, your obsession gains a haste buff of 6% and can perform all coop actions 25% faster. The killer also gains a haste buff of 3/4/5% All buffs and debuffs are removed once the hex totem is cleansed.

"Don't worry Yukki, Yuno will protect you"-Yuno Gasai

(*) Enraged state properties.

The Lover will emit a map wide scream to announce her enraged state

Grants Undetectable status effect

Movement speed: 130%/ 5.2 m/s

Lunge range open time (0.8 s)

Survivors hear a non-directonal music box tune playing within 40 meters

Unable to use Yukiteru Diary while enraged

Slightly blurred vision and inaudible whispering

Immediately ends when placing any obsession in the dying state or if The Lover gets stunned.

Yuno gasai is a yandere she comes from an anime called "mirai nikki" the anime isn't scary and the genre doesn't have horror or anything like that

Also if her power seems broken im not here to make it balanced just having fun lol

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options

I got this:

Made in Heaven

Makes gens pop even faster than they already do

• Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766
    Options

The Spy or The Pyro

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

I'd be fine with Harrow from warframe as a killer

• Lusiem9
    Lusiem9 Member Posts: 87
    Options

Chapter "Dead men tell no tales. Killer Captian Hecktor Salazar. Survivor Jack Sparrow map pirate docks or undead ship

• abc_9000
    abc_9000 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 137
    Options
  • abc_9000
    Options

i was thinking about having a soldier as a survivor and a prison guard as the killer.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Cowboy Bebop, There's a dude named Pierrot Le Fou I think would be an epic killer with Spike as Survivor. Not to mention there's an amusement park tied to the dude which would be a perfect map.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

Ohhhhh this is a fun idea!!! Honestly? Teletubbies. Those things are so scary!!! Maybe they turn you into custard as a mori lol!

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,986
    Options

Jacket from Hotline Miami. He's already a murderer, and is technically the good guy in his media, even if he's a sociopath.

• AetherBytes
    Options

I actually had an idea of a prisoner being a "brute" killer, which feels like it might have inspired Oni now that I think about it..

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

Horrifying! However the Legion’s bunny outfits kinda fill that niche.

Maybe something like Survivor: James Bond and Killer: Lockjaw

• abc_9000
    Options

i was thinking about having the oni have a reskin and have a new killer as a prison guard and all the survivors could have black and white and orange jump suits

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

I thought I could implement a new solo survivor like Ash Williams and Bill but that is on license and nothing more and nothing less than ... Money Heist DLC, with some character like Berlin entering the realm of being since it was shot by police in season 2.

• NastyMan69
    NastyMan69 Member Posts: 14
    Options

Maruader from doom eternal?

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389
    Options

Spongebob MurderPants

Power: Press the active ability button to teleport to the generator/totem/chest most near completion. The sound cue for survivors is Spongebob saying "Have you finished those errands?"

Terror Radius: Spongebob yelling "I'm ready!" more and more loudly as he approaches

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651
    Options

sans

• sotd_coauthor
    sotd_coauthor Member Posts: 45
    Options

I've been waiting for this thread ngl

This would be another chapter like Ash or Bill where we wouldn't get a killer but only a single survivor, that being Shaggy Rogers in all his glory

I mean it kinda fits, he's always being chased by monsters and ghouls and ghosts, he'd be perfect for looping that Ghostface in a very familiar gaggling green ghost costume...

And why stop there? Claudette makes a perfect Velma in my opinion, and it could even be a legendary actually switches the character to Velma Dinkley.

I think his perks should fit with his cartoon counterpart. I don't have any ideas but he's got some great catchphrases and sayings associated with him that could serve as perk names. I mean, I'd definitely use a perk called Like, Zoinks! or Would You Do It For A Scooby Snack? because they sound great.

• AetherBytes
    Options

Said it before, gonna say it again, Jacket from Hotline Miami. Not only is he the "good" guy, he's already a murderer and a sociopath who's snapped at one point. Lots of Perk ideas, lots of potential mechanics.

Even if we dont get the killer can we at least get a licensed cosmetic for legion?

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    edited January 2021
    Options

Edit: uh, just a little too late but I just now saw the P.S. now, sorry for the non-serious answer

Post edited by CheeseAnton on
  • yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

Ooooh just thought of a really good one and had to come back and find this thread!

The Matrix

Killer: Agent Smith

Survivor: either Neo or Morpheus

Just imagine how creative they could be with the map. Perhaps the whole thing is made of green numbers raining down, or various other digitized scenes.

• HelterSmelter
    HelterSmelter Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2021
    Options

I was thinking about some action movie characters who would make for interesting survivors. I figure their #1 priority is to survive their mission or adventure with quick wit and will. What makes them different from the survivors featured in the game already?

I was thinking characters like John Rambo (First Blood), John McClane (Die Hard), or Sarah Connor (Terminator) could be cool.

• abc_9000
    Options

i got the walking dead

new survivor: Rick grimes

• ItzZane_
    Options

I would love clementine from the game not the show be a survivor

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

I would like to see something from Fallout.

Maybe an Assualtron as the killer and the King as a survivor.

• abc_9000
    Options

what about a scuba diver as the killer and another killer like the thing

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 226
    Options

Jurassic Park could be amazing to have a Velociraptor. Plus the kitchen scene screams DBD

• shadowfire2121
    shadowfire2121 Member Posts: 1
    Options

the phantom of the opera as a killer, and christine or rauol as survivor.

power would be something like doctor where he uses his music to cause slowdown in tiers, but as an interesting twist on mechanics, maybe he can spawn a false hatch. if a survivor tries to use the key on it, it triggers a tierup of his music power. (and maybe other effects, depending on addons.)

mori would be either somehow forcing the surv to sing hard enough to stop breathing; or something involving death from fright at his disfigured face.

perks...hm..well, i think appropiately, and something unseen as of yet; one that lets him locate the hatch, since the phantom was well known for using secret passeges and trap doors. maybe an obsession perk.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,815
    edited March 2021
    Options

Prince of Persia could work.

Survivor: The Prince

Perk 1. Sands of Time: In short, a perk that deactivates for a period of time after every use that allows them to rewind their steps quickly. This can be used in a chase. It can also be used to speed forward for a shorter period of time instead, but this fast forward version of the power cannot be activated when either within a killer radius or during a chase.

Perk 2. Serpent Sword: The Prince can be immune to curses. Once per trial, the Prince can activate a blessing. When this is active, any effects of a cursed totem do not effect the survivor for the duration of the perk. With NOED or Devour Hope, an instant down would instead knock them down one health state, which would also deactivate the perk permanently. It could be a once use, or perhaps has -say - 60 seconds of use that can be turned on or off throughout the trial, but the survivor cannoy switch whilst performing an action.

Perk 3. Acrobat: An exhaustion perk that works like Lithe or Sprint Burst, but triggers when you run into an object such as a wall. The difference is that the survivor presses a button when hitting the wall to activate, so as to avoid triggering it by mistake.

Killer: The Vizier

Power 1. Sandstorm - Able to create a sandstorm within his terror radius and push it in a certain direction. Various affects, sometimes powered by add-ons, could obscure vision, slow survivors down, stop vaults, etc.

Power 2. Sand Creature: Vizier transforms into a sand version of himself after building up to this power. For a short while, he can "blink", changing into sand, then reforming, or disassemble into 2 versions which might work like Bloody Mary from Identity V.

Perk 1. Sand curse: A trap hex that, when cleansed, starts to turn the survivor into sand. They leave clearer sand scratches, which acts like Tier 3 Predator, and also slows down their movement over time. After a set time, they can mend/ be mended. If they don't mend, they fall into the dying state.

Perk 2. The Grand Rewind: Activated once per trial, the killer has to hook the survivor in the basement on a specific sanded hook, which replaces one of the 4 hooks available. When done, all gens regress 30% of the actual progression bar, not just 30% of progression thus far.

Perk 3. Betrayal: A perk with a cooldown. After hitting a survivor, they would do anything to betray others so that they could escape. For a set period of time, the aura of survivors that are within a certain range of that survivor are shown for a few seconds. However, for that same period of time, the hit survivor won't show their aura, even if it ought to be.

• abc_9000
    Options

i will like to see a woman in white and an alien like demogorgon but like a green and black eye alien

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698
    Options

Pyro is pretty horrific already, I mean cmon, a military personell not knowing that he's actually killing people? That'd fit into DBD.

• shitman
    shitman Member Posts: 203
    Options

Sometimes I think about McMurphy or Chief as a survivor from One flew over the cuckoo's nest, i know it's stupid idea, but I read the book and saw the movie and I love these characters

• eric_alrasid17
    eric_alrasid17 Member Posts: 119
    Options

Revenant from Apex Legends. Silence bomb to disable survivor ability for vaulting, repair generator and healing lol...

• mangle4468
    mangle4468 Member Posts: 1
    Options

i think Cutthroat from akudama drive would be cool

• ijustregist
    ijustregist Member Posts: 31
    Options

Hotline miami Paragraph?

• Marc_go_solo
    Options

As a Paragraph, maybe The Ghost Whisperer survivor of Jennifer Love Hewitt's character?

• BarbecueiChilli
    BarbecueiChilli Member Posts: 138
    Options

Kiler from Kiler as survivor and as Killer also Killer from Kiler

• Wiitab360
    Wiitab360 Member Posts: 105
    Options

My name is Kira Yoshikage...

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

Well Stranger Things isn't exactly full on horror but ok, if you want a completely non-horror license you can use Dark Souls. It definetly isn't horror but it has one hell of an oppressive atmosphere and some really disturbing characters so I think it would work.

• SNIKT
    SNIKT Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

A death eater from Harry Potter could work as a killer. The power would probably involve one of the unforgivable curses.

Tom from Tom and Jerry also pretty much does what a killer in DBD does.

• Literallyweezing
    Literallyweezing Member Posts: 88
    Options

Personally I don't think a non horror based killer would work, maybe like a borderline horror killer like something from a thriller or a piece of media with horror aspects that isn't explicitly horror, for example the terminator or a big daddy from Bioshock

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461
    Options

fnaf fits about right to that description.

• Arial
    Arial Member Posts: 134
    Options

Literally half the dbd fanbase

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    Options

Yes, I want scooby doo XD

• Marc_go_solo
    Options

Some non-horror licences or ideas which could work:

• Gotham (tv series)

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer (tv series)

• Supernatural (tv series)

• The Dead Zone (book)

• Danganronpa (video game)

• The Stand (book)

• Scott Pilgrim vs The World (cartoon/movie)

• The Real Ghostbusters (cartoon)

• Cowboy Bebop (Anime)

• Ghost In The Shell (Anime)

• Quantum Leap (tv series)

• Tru Calling (tv series)

• Sanctuary (tv series)

• Haven (tv series)

• Kim Possible (cartoon)

• Tomb Raider (video game)

• Unchartered (video game)

• Dreamfall Chapters (video game)

• The Adventures of Monkey Island (video game)

I could go on, but it's only limited by the imagination.