Totems Need Work

Was doing my dailies last night and as killer ran a couple totems every now and again and 4/5 matches the totem was destroyed before I even saw anyone. And as survivor I practically spawned looking at 3 totems. Either they shouldnt be lit until the perk is activated, ie: ruin totem doesn't light up until someone gets a skillcheck on a gen, devour hope, well lets just say it lights up after 30 seconds into the match or something. etc. I understand totems are a risk reward perk, but at the current rate 4/5 games you dont get to use your totem. (yea i know about haunted grounds or whatever and it does help but meh). I feel like devour hope should at least get you a 3 hook down at least once every 3 games, and ruin should last long enough for you to hook someone.

Comments

• KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165

Update: If totems were not lit until the first hook, That would be dope.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    I agree I mean dh could light after the first token unhook is achieved
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    edited September 2018
    The devs won't stop giving perk/bandaid fixes.

Ruin keeps getting knocked out? Haunted grounds.

That doesn't always work too, I was playing survivor and my friend took out the first hex totem they saw and it was ruin when they haunted grounds.

Killer camping/ tunneling? Barbecue and chili, Make your choice devour hope. 

Gens done too fast? Ruin. Pop goes the weasel Dying light now sloppy butcher.

getting looped too much?enduring and or spirit fury. Brutal strength bambozil(however you spell it)

• KillJiggy

Yeah i never thought about it that way. Haunted Grounds definitely doesn't stop survivors from breaking totems immediately thats for sure lol.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@xxaggieboyxx said:

That doesn't always work too, I was playing survivor and my friend took out the first hex totem they saw and it was ruin when they haunted grounds.

getting looped too much?enduring and or spirit fury. Brutal strength bambozil(however you spell it)

Infinities and ######### map design? Bamboozle. I mean, it MAY help, because there are several loops, where 16s isn;t enough lol.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@RSB said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

Infinities and ######### map design? Bamboozle. I mean, it MAY help, because there are several loops, where 16s isn;t enough lol.

They literally just changed half of the maps, relax.

• KillJiggy
    edited September 2018

Buff to 2 minutes lol. Actually i think it should let you block off like 3 windows for the whole match. They did fix some of the longer loops.

• xxaggieboyxx
    edited September 2018
    RSB said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

Would be nice if you could run all the perks I mentioned. I would be the nice killer everyone in my profile wants me to be.
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198217303915
  • RSB

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    RSB said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

Would be nice if you could run all the perks I mentioned. I would be the nice killer everyone in my profile wants me to be.

Want to see 38 pages of pure salt on my profile? xD

• KillJiggy

@xxaggieboyxx said:

Yikes. what rank do you play at lol

• KillJiggy

I don't have that much salt on my profile lol

• xxaggieboyxx
    KillJiggy said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

Yikes. what rank do you play at lol

Rank 1
  • xxaggieboyxx
    RSB said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    RSB said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

I would gladly read 38 pages of salt lol send me the link.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

OR, OR, OR just make the objective slower, so ruin isn’t needed

• KillJiggy
    edited September 2018

@Jack11803 said:

No, Gens are boring to work on as is, There just needs to be another objective. Also this isn't just about ruin.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@KillJiggy said:

@Jack11803 said:

No, Gens are boring to work on as is, There just needs to be another objective.

That’d be objective hun

• RSB
    edited September 2018

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    RSB said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

RSB said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

Ruin keeps getting knocked out? Haunted grounds. That doesn't always work too, I was playing survivor and my friend took out the first hex totem they saw and it was ruin when they haunted grounds. Killer camping/ tunneling? Barbecue and chili, Make your choice devour hope.  Gens done too fast? Ruin. Pop goes the weasel Dying light now sloppy butcher.

I would gladly read 38 pages of salt lol send me the link.

As you wish.

EDIT: I will add you on Steam, do not want to put my profile here.

• KillJiggy

I guess. I don't actually normally run ruin, but I do use totems, It just sucks that any totem runs the risk of not getting any use at all.

• RSB

@KillJiggy said:
    I guess. I don't actually normally run ruin, but I do use totems, It just sucks that any totem runs the risk of not getting any use at all.

I swear that I got Devour Hope to run with 5 tokens just once in my life. And even then survivors DCd ;<