Being Body Blocked into a corner

Options
AbstractSaucing
AbstractSaucing Member Posts: 103
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

Hey All you Ghouls, Guys, Girls and themselves.

I recently just got out of a game where I got killed by the end coming and not being able to properly exit the map because I got body blocked into a corner by a killer that just wouldn't move.I'm not sure how they ended up being level 16 because of how they play. But was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and had advice on what I should do about it?

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,095
    edited December 2020
    Options

Nothing you can do about it. If the EGC has started, it's not taking the game hostage so there's no rule being broken.

All you've gained is a valuable lesson about making sure not to put yourself in a bad place

EDIT: As pointed out, I guess EGC probably hasn't started yet as you can see gens in the screenshot. Either way though, unless you are the only survivor left (and therefore the game literally cannot end while you are stuck in the corner), this is not taking the game hostage and all you've gained is a valuable lesson about making sure not to put yourself in a bad place. It's annoying and scummy but it is not illegal.

• NotACompPlayer
    NotACompPlayer Member Posts: 193
    Options

dude thats a great screenshot

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

I see no EGC at the photo. This is bannable.

Also @AbstractSaucing remove the player's username because is against the rules.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Why is the screen so bright?

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,095
    edited December 2020
    Options

It is not bannable. There are three other survivors still alive per that screenshot (I assumed the EGC had started based on the post and you can't see the top of the screenshot but maybe it wasn't).

As long as the game is able to end, there is no taking the game hostage. It's scummy and annoying as hell (especially if this is towards the beginning of the match but we can't see how many gens are left) but the only way to take the game hostage is if the killer corners you AND there are no other survivors alive that can finish gens and open the gates and therefore the game can't end.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427
    Options

For clarification: If the Nurse has held the person hostage all game in that corner, it'd possibly count as holding a person hostage and griefing them. If EGC was turned on, then it would not count as such, because the game has a specific amount of time left before it ends automatically.

But if it wasn't during EGC, then it's a different story and of course depends on when it started happening and the length of it. If it was JUST before EGC started - not much to report about, but if it was for the whole game, then yes, that's denying a player to play the game by holding them hostage in a corner.

Please report them in the game and send additional evidence to support: https://support.deadbydaylight.com

This discussion has been closed.