The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Question for survivors about the exit gate

Hey everyone! My first post on the forum! I play as survivor 98% of the time and I noticed a lot of survivors when they are opening the exit gates they don't open the exit gates completely. Why? I have had 2 games that this has happened and it caused me to be hit and hooked when this could've been avoided if they had just fully opened it. This has cost me 2 games but I always see this happening. What's the reasoning?

Comments

• keygun
    keygun Member Posts: 311

If I 99% a gate, it frees me up to do many things.

I can try to open second gate.

I can try to flag down team and point to exit.

Ect.

It's a team based tactic, doesn't always work, but it shows that you're trying to help team escape instead of just looking out for yourself.

• thelegitboss
    thelegitboss Member Posts: 8

Ok ok thank you both! That makes more sense to me now .

• Cerebral_Harlot
    Cerebral_Harlot Member Posts: 280

Not to mention blood warden is still technically a thing.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

What others have said is true. Also, if a teammate IS downed or hooked (and likely being camped with NOED), then you have time e to search out the totem, break it, and try to mount a rescue. Then you take turns running behind the freshly unhooked guys and taking a hit for him. Hopefully someone gets to the gate handle in time total it, open the gate, and have a 4-person escape!

Sometimes the killer will open the gate himself hoping you won’t bother to look for NOED and just leave so he can get a kill off the hooked guy. When you’re on the clock, a rescue is much riskier, especially if a rescuer gets hooked in the process.

• thelegitboss
    thelegitboss Member Posts: 8

Yeah all that makes sense it just sucked when I escaped the killer and was heading towards the gate it was 1% away from opening and the survivor didn't open it and I got hit