The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Spirit sounds are growing on me.

ProfoundEnding
ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
Okay, I hated the Spirit's grunts as much as everyone else when she was first released but now they're kind of growing on me. Anyone else think the same?

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    I think they were going for the demons from the original Evil Dead. And they succeeded. But as much as I love that movie, there's a difference between hearing the demon voices for 2 hours vs the many, many hours spent playing the game.
  • ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Tbh, I would rather have these sounds then something that sounds too much like the Hag or Nurse.
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Okay, I hated the Spirit's grunts as much as everyone else when she was first released but now they're kind of growing on me. Anyone else think the same?
    I actually like the spirit sound at first it was very odd but that’s with anything when you hear it for the first time. I remember people found the clown laughing annoying but we got over it and immune to it. They are both unique 
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    They are too frequent and too low pitched. I know they want to avoid her sounding too much like Nurse screeching, but it’s just really too low pitched. 
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    edited September 2018

I love them - except for that cartoon "flying" sound when she uses her ability.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

I told everyone! I told ya!

• BearTrapSnap
    BearTrapSnap Member Posts: 86
    I love her mori scream.
  • Strider
    Strider Member Posts: 94

She's fine but the "HA" that she does every other second gets really annoying because of it's frequency and just how ridiculous it sounds on the way she looks.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    I liked the PTB version more.
  • Don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm really annoyed by just how much noise The Shape makes in the lobby. I mean have you heard him? Very loud and annoying.
  • Doomsaki
    Doomsaki Member Posts: 152

Its ok to me, but the PTB version was more chilling and spooky. We have lots of killers that make grunts and growling so hearing a high-pitched shrill sound was more unique.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Doomsaki said:
    Its ok to me, but the PTB version was more chilling and spooky. We have lots of killers that make grunts and growling so hearing a high-pitched shrill sound was more unique.

She was using the Nurse's SFX...

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

You can get used to pretty much anything if you experience it enough.

• Doomsaki
    Doomsaki Member Posts: 152

@Orion said:

@Doomsaki said:

Back when the PTB was in existence, I assumed she sounded consistently like she did on the wiki page which had sound clips back then:

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Rin_Yamaoka

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I love her sounds, they're unique ^.^

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

@Doomsaki said:

@Orion said:

@Doomsaki said:

Back when the PTB was in existence, I assumed she sounded consistently like she did on the wiki page which had sound clips back then:

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Rin_Yamaoka

Wow thank you for sharing that. That's better then what we got in game now.

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    I get they were trying to avoid her sounding too similar to Nurse, but the Nurse has pained screeches, Spirit should have had ghostly wails. I will say I'm not as annoyed with her sounds now, but it could sound so much better if they just did more of the ghostly wailing survivors hear.
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498

Ha haAaaaaAAA!

I think they're too frequent, and too comical sounding. The voice effects should've been more subtle, with a few excited/angry sounds. Or at least have it corresponding to her current visual state (angry, neutral, sad).

There needs to be a brush up. Conceptually and voice wise.

I say this every time I see someone mention the voices. She sounds like a minecraft villager 
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

She should have that voice, which we can hear in her "background". A tormented voice, not this "HAAAAAAAA XDXDDDDDDXDXD"

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

Her stun noises don't make sense to me. She normally sounds like a spirit (whispers and a soft creepy voice) but when she gets stunned she sounds a garbage disposal trying to crunch up metal.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    I think they were going for the demons from the original Evil Dead. And they succeeded. But as much as I love that movie, there's a difference between hearing the demon voices for 2 hours vs the many, many hours spent playing the game.
    Deadites is there word you are looking for. 
  • Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    She sounds like Waluigi its too funny not to like 😂.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@ProfoundEnding said:

I could deal with that if she would be more useful as a killer

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I love her grunts