Console Blight...

Options
QwQw
QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Has anyone noticed how bad this killer is on console compared to pc? Why did they optimize him so poorly? Anyways, does anyone have tips for a console Blight? Since my main Legion is on the bench right now I'm trying to learn a new killer and Blight looked fun.

Comments

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options

No no no no no, you have to talk about the Mori change right now, not something that actually needs to be looked at.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    Options

Yeah... I main the man on ps4, framreate combined with collision issues means I'm hardly ever going to do well.

Plus PC has much more movement capability with him. Why not bring console up to par?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

How to play blight? I got the basics!

So Blight's rush is very useful for Map Pressure and chase pressure, however you don't wanna use your rush in every loop. Try to rush whenever you break a pallet so you can catch back up to a survivor

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615
    Options

As a PC Blight Main, I'll tell you right now that playing C Blight is like playing C Nurse- You're at a severe disadvantage simply because controllers will never be as good as a mouse is for camera control.

In your case, you're gonna want to use Rush/Lethal Rush to get from point A to point B as fast as possible.

Keep up pressure, switch targets often, and hook-hook-hook. If you follow these basic steps, Blight can be incredibly oppressive.

Though, it helps a LOT if you can hit your Lethal Rushes, trust me. Practice will be your friend.

• anprimgang1978
    anprimgang1978 Member Posts: 21
    Options

I got blight on console a few days after he released but I've only ever played him like six times because of how hard he is to control. I usually don't care all too much about using a controller with most killers because it doesn't really hurt gameplay, but blight is literally unplayable with a controller. If only dbd had mouse and keyboard support for console.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

If you haven't already, raising your controller sensitivity can go a long way towards making Console-Blight feel better to play. Though it could also make it a little trickier to switch back to other characters if you aren't used to it.

His add-ons that decrease Rush Fatigue time can also make his power feel less punishing. I usually just bring one or both of these if I'm not trying to do something creative with one of his stronger add-ons.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

Blight is like Nurse in that he'll forever be limited simply due to controller limitations. That said, he's far more playable than Nurse since even if you're terrible with his power, he's a 115% killer with amazing mobility.

An important thing to remember is that you're going to be turning your lunge (during a lethal rush) towards where you believe a survivor is going to spin you. The attack's hitbox is strange is that it's shorter in terms of length, but a lot wider. meaning, you can hit people who just on your screen by a pixel at times.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,409
    Options

That's the thing though, whenever I go against an Xbox Blight he can be both dodged and spun easier because he cannot turn fast enough, even with full sensitivity upped. And that's without fps drops added to his woes. Xbox Billys suffer from the same weakness, which I think is why these two are not seen much inthe higher ranks.

The amount of practice needed to master them on console is almost as demanding as the rarified Nurse. And you still need generous lovins from the framerate entities.