Flashlights not working?

Options

Is anyone having trouble with flashlights? I read the patch notes, it simply says the vfx were updated, it doesn't mention any big changes, just says it was optimized and the accuracy was fixed

But I cannot. Use. Flashlights. The bulb is constantly going out, theres no sound or indicator when its on the killer and it doesn't seem to blind them at all. Also flashlight saves are constantly failing.

Does anyone know what they did to flashlights?

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

killers could be using lightborn

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Did you bring Duracell batteries, or those generic batteries that came with the TV remote?

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

The beam disappears and I don't get the save.

Flashlights are bugged.

• MidniteWolfy
    MidniteWolfy Member Posts: 28
    Options

They're absolutely not using lightborn, I'm asking them about it aftewards but they say that they're not being blinded

On my screen I'm aiming the flashlight, you can see the visual beam coming out in a cone for just a second, then it "fizzles" out like the battery is malfunctioning or the flashlight died. My character is aiming the flashlight like normal, but no more cone of light is coming out, the killer is TOTALLY NOT BLINDED, he slashes me in the face for my stupidity and then I die in agony. I ask him what happened after match, he says, maybe I wasn't aiming it right because he didn't get blinded. I'm gonna upload a clip of it asap, i have it processing right now

• MidniteWolfy
    MidniteWolfy Member Posts: 28
    Options

Ok I've uploaded a video of the bug

SORRY the lighting is really bad because of a bug with nvidia instant replay files, but regardless, you can see the light beam bug even with bad lighting.

In past games today, the beam goes out for even longer, talking about 3, 4 seconds of just being dead/not working.

https://youtu.be/cuz5ZpfRL6I