We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Who would be the Main Protagonist Of DBD?

Options
DarkMagik
DarkMagik Member Posts: 822

IVote first then watch the following)If you want to:)

btw this isnt my channel

Who would be the Main Protagonist Of DBD? 219 votes

Dwight
40%
FatelanceWhite_OwlSerikamintchapstickDaltonioShrimpTwiggsZerLukasMegMain98GamzelloNekoGamerXUnnamed_FreakGorgonzolaDito175lugZas_exeBeHasUEvanRavenGato_LocoRadan42ParallaxHiralex 88 votes
Meg
5%
YaNesteaCakeDutyCornHubNoOneKnowsNovaRenfearoffwhiteknightNot_ToxxiczygibajorfatbabyslayerSilverBlaze109daddymyers69 11 votes
Jake
5%
OfficerBoxSole_SurvivorJesseJH28Prasie_AtuamarkeralboostedsurvivormainWishIcouldmainSirjackofCamelotWholesomeMemeDealerryseteriongeni 11 votes
Claudette
6%
Darkskieslostkqsharkster13OrangeJackPiiiinxyMasterninjaWillTheWiseIlliterateGenocidemegswifeyNazAndreasBPSPSrAlluhHopeful_Songbird 14 votes
Nea
2%
WoodywoolLofepramineNeaMainNoobYehzueAvxerys 5 votes
Laurie
0%
Arial 1 vote
Ace
0%
landromatPior_Morte 2 votes
David
0%
GaryFookinKingTheWrestler 2 votes
Ash
1%
BlueFangThePoliceDoccDjangoTheGhostface 4 votes
Other
36%
ThatbrownmonsterSnakeSound222Seiko300En3ermostAndRaxiusNoFacecloseAetherBytesMidori_21Boosted_DwightKeezoFreddoCryllamaSociallyAccept98Mooshroome64GruoSatelitLukeishnesseric_alrasid17GlamourousLeviathan 81 votes

Comments

• lostkq
    lostkq Member Posts: 162
    Options
    Claudette

claudette

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options
    Claudette

I think Claudette would be the main protagonist since her botany background might be the most interesting in the Entity's realm! I love all of the characters and while Dwight and Meg certainly have strong characteristics, Claudette seems like she might be close to the realm with that knowledge

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    Options
  • Bananaboi
    Bananaboi Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Other

Am i that stupid.

Fuck i mean Benedict Baker. I always say Benjamin Baker and Benedict Parker from sweeney Todd

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Other

Protagonist: The observer

Antagonist: The Entity

Side Characters: Killers survivors vigo benedict the lost tapes survivors

Thats what i think since the observer has seen a lot of things like 2 monsters fighting in the fog outside his tower or house and seen somethings that killers nor survivors have ever seen

Since the wiki says that the observer and his people saw the entity destroy his world while the other characters were either dead or missing in the real world or they think that they're dead (adam jane jeff)

• Tony6969
    Tony6969 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Dwight

Yeah

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,532
    Options
    Dwight

I would say Talbot (Blight) would have been an interesting protagonist, but since he was mutated I'm not sure it would work anymore. Aside from him I think Dwight would work as I see him as the main survivor.

• Itz_Stabby_Goku
    Itz_Stabby_Goku Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Dwight

Dwight would probably be the protagonist as he's the one that probably had to change and grow the most to survive in the Entity's realm, and his perks make him out as a cooperative leader type who ties the group together. So he really kinda works as the unlikely hero type.

• Lukeishness
    Lukeishness Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Other

I saw that video and I agree that the best fit is Adam. I might be slightly biased since he is my current main but the points that were made actually make sense.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    Options
    Other

Trapper

• CLB198
    CLB198 Member Posts: 315
    Options
    Other

Vigo

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Dwight

Other

I think the protagonist is the observer, the matches we play are probably just memories in the fog that he's experiencing.

• theman43
    theman43 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Dwight

the

• Rabituin
    Rabituin Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Other

the archives guys title is the observer and his name is (presumably) allionis

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options
    Other

The Oni. One day he will get real angy and destroy the entity, the realm, all the Survivors and Killers except Rin and take her home (and Feng bc she´s so cute).

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,985
    Options
    Other

Vigo. He's already discovered how to bend the world around him. It's probably only a matter of time till he finds a way out, or at least true death.

• DjangoTheGhostface
    DjangoTheGhostface Member Posts: 137
    Options
    Ash

In all reality Dwight isn't doing #########, Ash is going to team up with Cheryl and Felix and wing it. Also for the record Felix has been set up to be the true protagonist. He is the only survivor with extensive Knowledge of the entity and the only one that who has, to my knowledge, expressly shown motivation for escaping. Most other survivors motivation is just surviving each match making them useless because the matches are useless. Ash may be El Jefe, and Cheryl may be a God slayer, but they aren't exactly geniuses.

But if not Felix then Ash would be the one to come up with some dumbass plan that actually works lol

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Dwight

But imagine if DBD were literally just an Evil Dead movie the whole time

I have no idea why I find that amusing

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,460
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Other

Michael Myers is the main Protagonist, the anti-hero defender of the Earth domain. He is home grown evil and this new interloper will eventually find out that we already have a Boogeyman. That is why the Shape happily entered when offered, so it can study the interloper at its leisure. That is also why the Shape can kill when it wants to do it; Mikey does what Mikey wants.

What you have is a clash between two evil forces, one that is an outsider and cowardly, forcing others to do its dirty work and watching from afar, and one that is born of our world, which is patient, and revels in its own deeds. Eventually the Entity will show itself and then the Shape will strike.

• Gruo
    Gruo Member Posts: 129
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Other

They already created the main characters for DBD. Felix and Talbot are the main characters. They give them the special treatment and linked them to the Entity and everything in the realm. Felix theme is also about hope and never giving up.

They also mentioned in behind the scenes that these 2 do have an effect on the realm. Something they never mentioned with any other characters.

• ItzZane_
    Options
    Other

Did you really forget about trapper plague elodie and the twins?

• Gruo
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Other

Trapper was tortured like some of the other killers. Entity tricked the Plague like it did with many others.

Twins were wanted because of the way they looked and the cult just wanted to sacrifice them cause of that. The only time Elodie run into them was the time she almost got killed and was taken after by the Entity after the Entity tricked her into drawing the same thing she draw the first time. There are no deep connection like how Talbot was with the cult and learned many of their secrets.

None of them have a direct connection or effected the realm and the Entity and the devs were very specific in mentioning this information for Talbot and Felix.

• ItzZane_
    Options
    Other

How did they affect the realm? talbot probably and felix is just another survivor from the entity's POV

• Gruo
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Other

Talbot affected the realm by impacting the trials thanks to his experiments on the killers when he was trying to find a way out. It is hinted that he may have helped survivors by giving them the serum addon they used during Halloween. Talbot was able to keep himself outside the trials later and visited the void and many different areas that other characters can't go to. Talbot also used the Entity personal power (he still have it) which have been confirmed and he studied the Entity and what it could be. The devs want to use Talbot to tells us more about these realms and the Entity.

Felix like Talbot was mentioned by the devs to be very close to the Entity too but unlike Talbot they didn't give us more lore information other than his father did fight the Entity before. They may wanted to create a 'hype' till they add more lore for Felix so they decided to mention that about him early.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options
    Dwight

Depends on what kind of media, of it was a movie obviously it would be the original 4, if it was a comic/series probably each chapter/episode would focus om someome different.

• MudSpit83
    MudSpit83 Member Posts: 102
    Options
    Dwight

Its Dwight

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354
    Options
    Other

The Observer.

In regards to Dead by Daylight in a narrative sense, we view all significant story points from his point of view.

All the playable characters are side characters whose stories are told by The Observer.

• Mooshroome64
    Mooshroome64 Member Posts: 105
    Options
    Other

In my opinion, Kate would make the best protagonist with the lore we currently have. I say that because of her direct interactions with the entity (her initial escape from capture in her tome, and then her lore itself where she was directly kidnapped). Her description as a 'ray of sunshine' and 'bolt of lightning', along with her perks demonstrate her willpower and as such I think she'd be good as the main protagonist.

Felix and Elodie (The Pariahs duo) could also be very interesting, and I wonder if in fact the other pariahs will be added as survivors (or killers?) eventually. There is certainly more to be explored there.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options
    Dwight

Agreed on Kate. Either her or Dwight since he's one of OG's and seems to be the focus of a lot of content from the devs in general.

• Cryllama
    Cryllama Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Other

Part of me says either Richter or Élodie since their lore seems to just... Scream out protagonist, they encountered the entity k ce and survived, knew eachother as teens, witnessed their parents get sucked in by the entity.

Though in all reality, it would most likely be the Observer, though more so him as narration with parts he would cut in (think of it like "Until Dawn"). And we mainly observe the survivors as a group or focus on a set of characters, rather than focus on one soley.

• ItzZane_
    Options
    Other

I don't think there is a protag they're just there to play a twisted game of cat & mouse all of them will eventually lose their hope and get thrown into the void or become a killer

If there was a protag it would be vigo or the observer But i highly doubt there is a protag in dbd's lore

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,520
    Options
    Other

Adam imo. He seems like a great leader and good person all around

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options
    Other

It's obviously the killer.

• DBDude
    DBDude Member Posts: 308
    Options
    Other

Bill, just because that man has been through enough in his life.

Ok so to start off.

He fought in the Military.

While effected with amnesia he was able to kill some of the infected with just ONE BONESAW.

From then he teamed up with other survivors, with those being Zoey, Francis, and Louis, to take down thousands upon thousands of the infected.

He sacrificed himself to ensure the safety of his teammates.

And to make matters worse he was being mowed down by 4 TANKS AND THAT BARELY DID ANYTHING TO HIM, but in all honesty it was mainly the common infected that took Bill down.

So in my opinion he would be an amazing pick to be the Main Protagonist of DBD, but not just DBD but he in my opinion is THE protagonist of Left 4 Dead as well.

Bill never wanted to be just Chased by a Killer over and over again.

All he ever wanted was an enemy to fight.

A REAL enemy to fight.

With that real enemy being the Entity.

And once Bill can actually fight back once again, unlike the other people having life's to get back to (except Detective Tap and Bill) What's the point of trying to survive if there is no real life to get back to.

Would Bill want to sacrifice himself one more time, this time putting an end to his chapter along with the entity's.

Now I can see it all coming together.

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622
    Options
    Nea

Of course Nea. She is the entity. You can call her Neatitty .

• ItzZane_
    Options
    Other

He's licensed tho Licensed characters don't count

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,940
    Options
    Other

I can't resist contributing to this thread despite it being 4 months old, it's just too creative.

I would say Talbot, the Blight. He entered the realm of the Entity before being mutated to research and inject killers with the serum, hoping it would free them from the eternal hell they were in, but instead it resulted in mutations similar to what he had become later on, and then he mutates into a killer chosen by the Entity. Another possible protagonist would be Yui. I know I know, odd take, but she's one of the more energetic, arrogant, and selfless survivors out there. She'd probably be good at helping the other survivors and being the leader alongside Dwight (who I'd say would be a protagonist as well).

• DBDude
    Options
    Other

@ItzZane_ Still it would be cool to see a licensed character be the main character of a completely different franchise.

• ItzZane_
    Options
    Other

I highly doubt it lol If they're going to make laurie the protag of DBD Laurie can't be the protag of halloween and that would make laurie fans (Like me) get upset

• DBDude
    Options
    Other

@ItzZane_ That is true.

• ItzZane_
    Options
    Other

@DBDude I honestly don't think there is a protag for DBD since all the survivors will end up as a killer or in the void sooner or later, Killers will just serve the entity and if they refuse they'll get tortured If there was a protag it should be the observer Or Vigo

• DBDude
    Options
    Other

@ItzZane_ Ya it would either be those guys or Felix and Blight.

• ItzZane_
    Options
    Other

Lmao felix is going to end up in the void sooner or later Like any other survivor And blight is just another monster, His mind is gone