Being on hook.....

Ok quick question... What does it mean when. Someone or yourself is on the hook and they do the reaching thing like 2 or 3 times? Does that mean come rescue me or dont rescue me because the killer is near?

Comments

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

From my experience, it's "Don't come near I'm being camped."

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

To me it means don't, cause that's the first meaning it got.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

Its different from person to person. so it basically means nothing at this point.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

It's always meant "killer is camping, don't save". But a lot of people don't know that, so it could mean anything at this point.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

It means nothing. Most people I know spam it because they are bored. Don't use it as reliable info ever.

• GRT_Alkaline
    GRT_Alkaline Member Posts: 226

I've always used it to say

"don't come, killer is camping/close by"

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

The community typically agrees that it means “caution, the killer is camping, patrolling hook, or coming back.” However, a lot of people (usually newer) do it to say “hurry up!”

And then there’s that one every now and then that completely attempts to pull off in your face. That one means “turn around and walk away. Don’t save me.”

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    edited December 2020

Don't overthink exercise.

• UGWRayne
    UGWRayne Member Posts: 15

I figured it was im being camped but yes ive gotten hate mail from people saying why didnt you get me and im like because the universal sign for camping is the reach when youre on the hook. Glad others agree and can conform this... Thank you.

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194

In the majority of cases it means the killer is eye ######### you. Honestly its better to stick with that definition and assume its what it means. If they get mad explain it. If they still get mad they're probably mad at themselves and are acting like a baby so just ignore them.

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

Here's how I take it:

Jumping jacks on hook: "I'm being camped, stay the hell away"

90%ing the escape attempt so you are grabbing the hook for like 2 seconds at a time, then letting go: Either "I'm bored" or "Come get me, he's long gone"