Should ruin regression speed be base kit?

Options

This is an interesting thought. No I’m not saying ruin itself should be base kit, just the regression speed. It’s an nerf to ruin in a sense too since survivors have been screaming for more nerfs on it forever. Normal regression right now is borderline pointless, 1/4 of progression speed is a joke, you have to waste time kicking the gen for basically no regression most of the time. 1/2 speed from a kick would make it somewhat useful, since the regression speed is base kit, ruin as a perk would serve as a convenience purpose, same regression as the new base kit, but you don’t have to kick gens. Nerf one thing, buff another, creates a new dynamic. What do you all think?

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,080
    Options

It wouldn't nerf ruin at all.

If you brought base regression speed to 1/2, ruin would then become 1 since ruin does 200% of the base regression speed.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

Maybe 10%slower than ruin but yea I have no issue with it

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,235
    Options

I think base regression is fine as it is. I mean look back in the day you weren't even able to regress gens at all! Now you've got perks which do it for you.

If you kick a gen, go chase the survivor who was on it, down them, hook them, they heal up and then they go back to the gen, by then the gen woulda regressed way over 25%, pushing 50%.

Another problem is it would be a hard nerf to solo q but wouldn't do much to swfs who would make sure no gen stays regressed.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

No. The regression speed from Ruin is ridiculously oppressive. It is the sole reason it's so damn strong. Having that be base kit? Imagine it with just a single other slowdown perk.

• MommyDeRose
    MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74
    Options

I’m not saying weaker version of ruin, I’m saying a better version of normal regression speed because it’s awful. Idk how that’s a 5th pseudo perk when it’s just a buff in speed to an already existing base mechanic. Ruin could be nerfed to 75% regression speed to compensate for this buff. But it shouldn’t take 80 seconds for a gen to be repaired by only 1 survivor but 320 seconds for that generator to be fully regressed from 99. That’s ridiculous

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194
    Options

I had a shower thought about this today actually. The idea would be that gens regress by either a set amount or at specific stages automatically and must be kicked to perpetually drop.

So, as an example say at 25%, 50%, and 75% the gen will stop regressing however once its kicked it regresses as normal. It could also always drop say 25%.This could help slow the game if tweaked right without it being completely one sided. A good trade off is for survivors to get a version of kindred where the killer is revealed if the victim maintains eye contact within the penalty radius of the hook.

Just a thought of course, it seemed cool to me.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

basekit gen kicking definitely needs a buff imo.

eigther make it so there is an instand regression of a few charges uppon being kicked or buff the base value of the regression speed (1 charge every 4 seconds is just nuts).

in its current state kicking gens without perks that encourage you to do so is literally worse than not kicking them at all most of the time...

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Good god no.

I’m (mostly) a killer main, and very experienced, but even I can 100% confidently say that 200% regression at base is way too much.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

No. But I think kicking a gen should do a lot more than it dies now. Survivor shouldn't just be able to tap a gen mid chase to stop regression. There should be at least a continuous 5 second interaction before regression is stopped and progress is resumed

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I feel if they ever make changes to gen speed it should be making gens slightly longer to do.

Regression is a fickle thing. Ruin is insanely strong, having that be base kit would just feel awful. My main issue with buffing base regression speed is that if a killer pressures survivors off a gen well enough then the base regression should be enough, factor in gen regression perks which almost every killer runs, be it Pop or Ruin (Or even Oppression which everyone is sleeping on) and regression shouldn't be an issue. Remember, all a survivor has to do to halt regression is tap the gen. Increasing the overall amount of time required to complete a gen is a much more solid change that would help all killers in the struggle of "time" wars.