Killers, what do you think of the mori changes?

13»

Comments

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

So after buying the xbox and playing DBD on it I went running back to playstation PS5 here ,I come wooo! I don't like the way Sony operate there business but I can't deny how good the playstation is.

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

I never really used Mori's and I think nerfing the Ebony Mori was very needed but nerfing the green one in the exact same way was unnecessary. Being able to take one survivor quickly out of the game if you have a sweaty group is in my opinion fine.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

well many killers liked mori's and they still got changed, so why is it such that the killers loose functionality for an item/offering that some don't like and the survivors don't get an item/offering that is just as bad and some don't like how they are? I mean if you say well you have to work for the key... no you don't, you can go into the match and then not do anything and when it's just you and the killer (because you hid, you can find the hatch and escape without having done a damn thing to help, i mean even if gens don't get done once one survivor is left the hatch appears and opens! no work needed what so ever. so yes it needs some alterations.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Moris might have been a problem but there are two major issues with how they nerfed them: first is they are totally pointless now, worse than a mist offering, the way they nerfed them was just pathetic and lazy, they could have done many things to make them more fair without making them cosmetic only. The second major issue is the threat of a mori was the only thing that kept keys in check, now that a mori does almost nothing I am seeing keys in nearly every single game now. A change was needed sure, but the change they gave us was lazy and short sighted, which in all honesty isn't that surprising.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

Why do we have to nerf keys just cuz mori got nerfed?

Why can't we just bring the old mori back. Or buff the mori a little bit.

The pink mori should be what the green mori was. Hook someone once, than mori. But only 1 person.

Green mori should be changed to, hook someone 2x, than mori.

Yellow mori should remain the same, mori the last survivor.

The current mori change made the mori useless.

I've defend the killers regarding mori and the horde shut me down. I also want to defend keys as well.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Avoided them in blood webs before the nerf and plan to continue that. I think it’s a void change tho

• Freki

as you say mori's were not changed well, but were changed quickly. The issue is not that moris and keys are two sides to the same coin. But the devs decided to take a quick way out and changed mori's and as you said the change really doesn't solve the issue. So now what has happened? killer mains are saying that the Dev's are survivor sided because they have yet to fulfill the earlier promise that they would work on the keys when they altered moris the first time many years ago. Now this is done and people are wondering if they will actually do something and thus are saying that the devs favor the survivors because of late it's just been killers loose this, then they loose that, this gets changed when no one was complaining about it.

The problem here really is that keys are too powerful as they are. They can open the hatch even after it's been closed once, they can have add ons that do things for the survivor how ever moris only unlock the ability to kill someone or 4 someones. IF there were more to a mori then perhaps it would justify things but as you say and I agree the most recent change basically regulated mori's to be used only for meme games and challenges and even then that challenge might not be easily completed because of the fact that you have to two hook people and we all know that isn't always easy to do.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

So we agree on most things, especially about the mori. And I also agree w u, and u are absolutely right, that keys are too powerful.

As I said before, I am a survivor. I am also solo. I get betrayed by other survivors and get killed by killers, I really need the keys, plz don't nerf keys, PLEASE!

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

I really hope keys will get to shine more as aura reading items than guaranteed hatch openers after their rework. I really like them for the aura reading and I just like the aesthetic of keys in general lol It's a shame they're so notorious.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    edited December 2020

There was prior warning, but you and people like you didn't want to read it.

If a city posts on bulletin boards that highway 3 is going to be permanently closed, so you must take highways 2 or 4 to get to work, is it really the city's fault for not "informing" you at your convenience? No it's obviously your fault for not paying attention to your city's future plans.

You have every right to dislike the change, but when you accuse the devs of misconduct, like no one informed you beforehand, like it just came out of the blue, that's slander.

• bigfootismydad
    bigfootismydad Member Posts: 86

I think it's a step in the right direction. However, I feel there needs to be something else done. The new changes don't add much except a cool animation. True you can bypass DS, but that's already possible.

I feel like the new moris need to have other conditions that make them usable. Something like, mori upon the third hook OR if exits games are powered.

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited December 2020

I don't mind the Mori changes, because moris always felt excessive.

However, you now see a truly INSANE amount of keys in red ranks, which is very frustrating because 2 survivors escaping by the hatch just completely tanks your game.

It isn't like moris kept keys in check 'per-say.' Survivors knew if they brought a key a mori was likely of course, but the bigger issue is that they didn't telegraph the mori change at all but telegraphed the key change well in advance, which was honestly an awful, scummy move that someone should be seriously talked to over, because this result was inevitable.

Keys, for people who don't really know, are both less powerful than moris (they don't create a massive tempo swing in the game when it matters most) and more powerful (Unlike Moris, a key that isn't quickly removed from play basically ensures the killer can't pip unless they snowball stupid hard). So seeing a lot of keys is super frustrating in a way a mori spam week isn't: Moris merely reduce your hook states by 1, which isn't fun but isn't 'Ok so this game is over before it started' tier.

Keys sincerely remove my desire to play a match on load in, in a way that seeing the killer has a hidden offering doesn't when I am survivor. Moris actually increase tension, which is kinda good because DBD desperately needs more tension for survivors (even if, again, Moris are super unhealthy overall). Keys reduce it, and just make the entire match feel like a chore.

TL;DR: I wouldn't mind if they had nerfed keys at the same time. But as is it just sucks and really shows that the devs took a lot of steps backwards from the super survivor sided, borderline abuse encouraging design of 2017.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Didn't use much anyway and when I did - I used them like how they work now.

• Chloe_Deplano
    Chloe_Deplano Member Posts: 39

Imo they did the right thing. Personally, as a Killer main, I never use add-ons or offerings anyway, but I understand that Moris were very annoying. So definitely content with that.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

*sigh* no there wasnt. It was out of the blue. I.e one day it wasnt nerfed. Next day to the suprise of many it was nerfed.

Look up when they announced the nerf to insta medkits vs annoucment to mori nerfs then you will know what im talking about.

• Terra92

They mentioned it during livestreams. You'll need to comb through that particular one to find it.

You and people like you need to get over this petty complaint. It makes you all look like a whiny teenager who didn't get the Christmas present they wanted.

Again, you don't have to like the change or that it came without some big ol pomp and circumstance, but it's been announced for a while.

• Freki

any change to keys is going to be a nerf though. thats the thing it will be a nerf, but it won't be a nerf that removes it as the mori was not removed. I understand you might like having it in case what you described happens, and I totally understand it just wish they would have done this better.

ok here is the thing: when they nerfed the insta heals "Hey we are going to change the insta heals in a few weeks and for the next 3 days the changes are on the PTB to be tested" now everyone started using their insta heals in all matches to use them as they were. now go to the live stream where they talked about mori changes "Yes we are contemplating mori changes but we don't want to talk about what those changes are going to be right now. We are also looking at how to change keys." (yes keys were also mentioned that live stream) and suddenly mori's got changed. no warning. so because so many people were using insta heals they decided to warn the survivors and say WHEN they were going to make those changes, but then when it comes to killers and moris they don't say when it will happen and just do it. so NO there was not actual warning and timeline for mori's to be changed, nor were the changes tested on the PTB to get any kind of feedback.

you are looking at things as if just saying they will be changed should have told us that they were changing them three weeks later. no that is just letting people know they are working to find a change that should be there but by looking at the insta-heal nerf and now the mori nerf they only want survivors to know about changes that negatively affect their game but they don't care about the killers what so ever because they just did it and didn't even ask for feedback about this.

another thing is many people were talking about keys and mori's at the same time with both sides saying yes both are overpowered, changing one and then not changing the other or even saying in 4 weeks we will change keys, pushes the idea that the devs are survivor sided. :/

• Terra92

Yes and when that happened people abused the mechanics/items/perks that were being changed and ruined people's games just to give a middle finger to BHVR. Like that kind of attitude is exactly why people don't like violent protesters.

If mori's had been a grand announcement, every game for the next three weeks would have been a tunneling mori hellscape.

Maybe the company is learning from their past mistakes, rather than repeating themselves just for consistency with the community.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Moris are trash now. The only one that has a functional one is Myers since it actually makes him a threat. Every other one is a waste of blood points. Yet keys still remain untouched as per surv bias...

• DBD_Pinhead

More like forced to be handicapped, don't try to spin BS. A mori is simply a third hook state which means nothing in the current state of play.

• Freki

but they didn't learn from their previous mistakes, because now people are using keys more and more because they know time is even more limited supposedly than it was before because the devs said they are still working on it. so what they should have done is to go in and implement the changes to BOTH at the same time and they stop the well now we'll use keys and / or mori's before the change as well as not seeming to favor one side or the other. That would have been learning from their mistakes but because of their mistake with the hey we are nerfing insta-heals and then only nerfing mori's when keys was a conjoined (but not the same) issue they have seemingly shown they favor the survivor and this is why killer mains are upset and many are leaving in general. I agree a change to mori's was needed but they could have made a better change to mori's if they had taken their time with it but nope they wanted to show the survivors they are listening to them and made a quick easy change that has made people now want their 7000 blood points back for each mori they now can't really use.

this is the problem when you implement knee jerk reaction fixes and don't even test them to see what the community thinks as well as will it hurt the game or will it work with the game. and people like you are trying to justify these types of actions when there is no justification (and yes I play both sides and I agree both needed to be changed and I might even go so far as to say this might have been an ok change).

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

thats like saying "Do you like the escape animation of HATCH? :D" gett tfo guy keys and other survivor perks need swappin

• Terra92

Well you fix one mistake, introduce several others.

That's kind of life, innit?

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

It's a sign they actually somewhat cares about balance but have a difficult time actually fixing it

2 hook Mori wasn't the best idea but at least it's something.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    edited December 2020

I actually use Mori's now and appreciate they are no longer some "i'm bad, I want win" offering that I have to be scum to actually use. You should get more blood points for a mori now though, imo.

• Freki

and alienate part of your player base even more. that is what i was getting at, if they had thought about it instead of thinking we have to fix this now they could have come up with a better way to fix it. and even some killers did mention that this fix is not too bad, but now they see the offerings to guide where the hatch appears and the keys not touched means they end up not being treated fairly. the big issue is less the change they did than the appearance of which side the devs want to cater to and though they thought this would be well recieved because it came out and addressed an issue I don't think it was thought through well enouvgh because of the backlash that came from it. much like the time recently they snuck in the aura changes and it was not well received.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

So. Here the thing. You quoted me about something almost a weekish ago talking about a petty complaint.

Secondly, they been annoucing "soon" not a time frame like they did with insta med kits. But yes please continue to be condescending.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,883

If you think killers are handicapped because they can no longer one hook mori then you are the one spinning BS.

Merry Christmas.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Now mori's are borderline useless and also very expensive in the bloodweb, they either need to be given something (even just a ton of bloodpoints for example) or really reduced in rarity. Honestly at this point mori's could be basekit and it would probably barely matter.

I only ever used a mori if I saw a key in a match, now its not even worth it to do that. I'm not against the change per se, but they kinda took one of the 2 options that helped with keys away without giving one to replace it or fixing keys as well at the same time, not later down the line when they feel like it.

• DBD_Pinhead

Newsflash buddy, killers get nerfed on the regular with just about every major update in some way, shape or form and surv mains try to spin the BS.

Happy New Year